LW/RW Kirill Kaprizov (2015, 135th, MIN) - Part II

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
its really sad kaprizov doesn't have a stud C linemate. imagine his production!
Minny have some nice centre prospects, though. Rossi has huge potential, assuming he can fully recover from his COVID-induced heart issues. They’ve also got Khusnutdinov and Khovanov. Strong likelihood of at least one of these guys becoming a good top 6 NHL C.

The downside is they’re all small, and so is Kaprizov. But Boldy is a big boy, if one of Boldy/Kaprizov can move to RW, I can see Kaprizov/Rossi/Boldy being a great line in a few years.

Last edited:

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Minny have some nice centre prospects, though. Rossi has huge potential, assuming he can fully recover from his COVID-induced heart issues. They’ve also got Khusnutdinov and Khovanov. Strong likelihood of at least one of these guys becoming a good top 6 NHL C.

The downside is they’re all small, and so is Kaprizov. But Boldy is a big boy, if one of Boldy/Kaprizov can move to RW, I can see Kaprizov/Rossi/Boldy being a great line in a few years.

Kaprizov can play RW, most Russian wingers can play both wings effectively. Khusnutdinov and Khovanov are still years away as they are both yet to break into KHL rosters. Hopefully they stay in Russia until they can.

Reactions: ponder

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
His wrists are really good to be able to pass in any direction. It's like in soccer where if you can pass off any part of your foot in any direction you can make great plays.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Kaprizov can play RW, most Russian wingers can play both wings effectively. Khusnutdinov and Khovanov are still years away as they are both yet to break into KHL rosters. Hopefully they stay in Russia until they can.
Two different cases. Marat will probably stay in Russia till(if) he is ready to play in the NHL . Khovanov has had a rocky time in Russia this year, with rumors of him not getting along with his KHL coach and organization, and might prefer to come back to the AHL and develop.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Two different cases. Marat will probably stay in Russia till(if) he is ready to play in the NHL . Khovanov has had a rocky time in Russia this year, with rumors of him not getting along with his KHL coach and organization, and might prefer to come back to the AHL and develop.

Khovanov sounds like an entitled kid to me based on everything I’ve heard

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Khovanov sounds like an entitled kid to me based on everything I’ve heard
"Everything"?

I've heard a fair amount of good things about him from his junior coach(ex Wild head coach), Torchetti. Who are you listening to?

jaamz

Jul 22, 2017
You are probably right. Maybe I am just used to Mozyakin being a top goalscorer.

At the very same time, Kaprizov has nice instincts, but he doesn't have the same shot like Kovalchuk/Ovechkin, or a wrister like Semin/Tarasenko. So I doubt he will be scoring as much in the NHL.
This didn't age well.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Darn. Can't find the post where I said he was the best pick from Wild in his draft. I should be a scout.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Still thou... each year it gets less and less likely that he will sign an NHL contract with the Wild.
He now plays for a team that competes from the Gagarin Cup each season,
why would he join the Wild and play for a team that doesn't have a chance to play for the Stanley Cup?.

Oh well, he signed a contract and then has made the team look like a contender. The easiest way to erase all doubts.

Reactions: slumpy43

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
He is a great passer, and has a VG shot. Once he gets a C that isn't a 4 th liner/ bench warmer we'll see how good his shot really is. Guy is also great at board battles, zone entries, and carrying the puck in general. He saves most of his energy for offensive play, as he should, but is by no means lazy.

I am shocked at how good this guy has been. The transition to the NHL is usually really hard even for very talented players. This guy isn't just surviving, or doing well, but dominating, and driving the whole team.

Reactions: koalabear9301

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Was never worried about him being able to transition smoothly as his game has always been suited for the NHL. I was more so surprised at how good of a skater he really is as that was my one worry for his transition.

Hes dynamite.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
just a reminder , if mn was so sure hemi aka kaprizov was talented why would we wait till the 5th round to pick him? we got extremely lucky.

P10p

May 15, 2012
just a reminder , if mn was so sure hemi aka kaprizov was talented why would we wait till the 5th round to pick him? we got extremely lucky.

First of all, thats still a terrible nickname and its not sticking so just stop being cringe.

Secondly, way to state an absolutely obvious point that serves zero use.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Calder is his to lose. Best rookie I've seen this year by a fair margin. Stutzle is very good and a few years younger so he may end up being the better player down the road but for this year Kaprizov is very impressive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad