LW/RW Kirill Kaprizov (2015, 135th, MIN) - Part II

PeterCheater

Feb 22, 2014
I don't think that he's been any worse level-wise than rookie Panarin, obviously they're different players, but considering that AP had Hart-level player in Kane as a linesman, their overall production looks pretty similar (77pts v. pace on 71pts).

Kinda scary considering the path of development of other Russians that went to NA from KHL lately.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't think that he's been any worse level-wise than rookie Panarin, obviously they're different players, but considering that AP had Hart-level player in Kane as a linesman, their overall production looks pretty similar (77pts v. pace on 71pts).

Kinda scary considering the path of development of other Russians that went to NA from KHL lately.

Scoring is higher now than when Panarin was a rookie.

Kaprizov is 37th in points and 46th in PPG. Panarin was 9th in points and 11th in PPG.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Scoring is higher now than when Panarin was a rookie.

Kaprizov is 37th in points and 46th in PPG. Panarin was 9th in points and 11th in PPG.

Scoring was lower, of course, but Panarin played with Kane, who scored 30 more points. Kaprizov leads his team in scoring.

BTW, Kaprizov is 8-11 in goals, on pace for 38 goals in 82 game season. Not bad for a rookie. 6 goals in the last 5 games.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Patrick Kane says hi. Victor Rask says bye. I can't imagine what Kaprizov would do with a linemate of that quality.

Compare Kane with Zuccarello. Anisimov was his center.

Line-mates make a difference. The rate Kaprizov scores at is virtually the same rate as Zuccarello though, so the idea that his dragging around two nobodies is disingenuous. And obviously Panarin was no product of Kane. I think he's proven that since for anyone who thought he was.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Compare Kane with Zuccarello. Anisimov was his center.

Line-mates make a difference. The rate Kaprizov scores at is virtually the same rate as Zuccarello though, so the idea that his dragging around two nobodies is disingenuous. And obviously Panarin was no product of Kane. I think he's proven that since for anyone who thought he was.

This is kind of a straw man argument.....I don't think anyone is suggesting that Panarin's rookie production was solely because of Kane playing the other wing. Everyone knows that Panarin was a great player coming into the league. But it's also disingenuous to suggest that Panarin didn't benefit greatly by having Patrick Kane and his 106 points on the other wing....and then you say "compare Kane with Zucarello"?....Zucarello is a nice player, Kane is a freaking future first ballot HHOFer in his prime in 2015-2016..

Last edited:

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I don't think that he's been any worse level-wise than rookie Panarin

By adjusted goals created, 33-31 Panarin. Very close and Kaprizov's metric is exactly identical to Panarin's subsequent three seasons.

Kaprizov is a year younger than rookie Panarin.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Fiala sure does have an aggressive celly hug...the Vikes could use a Safety...easy with the merchandise there, Kevin.

Last edited:
Reactions: blindpass

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
wonder if his back is sore from carrying the team around all season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad