LW/RW Kirill Kaprizov (2015, 135th, MIN) - Part II

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
couple of ridiculous plays tonight that didn't find the scoresheet. He seems tp have a few of these every game.

Dumba talking about the kid

Reactions: BMann

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
Two points:

1) The term "State of Hockey" is just a slogan created by the Wild's marketing department back in 2000. It's corny and I almost wish they never came up with it.

2) Hockey at all levels (youth, high school, NCAA and NHL) is extremely popular in Minnesota. Per capita, my bet is that there more hockey fans in Minnesota than any other state in the US. How many other states have a similar number nationally ranked NCAA programs within their borders, an NHL team, AND a high school tournament that packs 18,000+ fans in the building?
No question that MN is by far the #1 hockey state. It's like football in Texas.

Reactions: MNRube

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
You've been a bad doy, Zucc, a bad boy for not scoring there:sarcasm:
He was hooked on that play. It was shown on another angle, and it was really obvious. Lizard was complaining a lot to the refs afterwards, who were reluctant to call it because they had just called one on LA.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
He was hooked on that play. It was shown on another angle, and it was really obvious. Lizard was complaining a lot to the refs afterwards, who were reluctant to call it because they had just called one on LA.
Hence the :sarcasm:

I know it's a game. Sometime the greatest stars miss the easiest shots without even being interfered. They will get their points playing together. A lot of them.

Reactions: Hi ImHFNYR

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

I used to say a lot, he may replicate Panarin's rookie years, but still wasn't sure. Panarin played with prime Kane, and Minnesota looked terrible forwards wise on paper and at the season's start. But after adding Zucc to Kaprizov, the whole team started to play on the whole new level or even two in the attack, and not just Kaprizov's line. Honestly, it was kinda unexpected, to say the least, but now I won't be surprised, if Kirill replicates Panarin's rookie season.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Kaprizov is terrific first line player, nvm a great rookie. I was expecting a good player with upside, because adjusting to the NHL is tough for anyone, but he seems oblivious to pressure, and seems to enjoy himself playing hockey. He has singlehandedly lifted the team up, so you have guys like Foligno, Rask, and Greenway scoring at twice their normal rate. You can tell that he is popular on the bench, also.

I know I am gushing, but he is that good. He is the best forward I have seen play with the Wild, with apologies to Mikko and Gaborik. For those who haven't seen him, his play style reminds me of Crosby. Same wide , strong, base, and great vision. Probably a tad less skilled, but who knows? He has only played 20 games or so in the NHL.

keeneyedobserver

Mar 5, 2014
This restaurant in St. Paul about to break vodka sales record!
112DFF6D-9B53-4955-AD02-59A8357F6039.jpeg

Reactions: coopooter

molotce

Apr 14, 2017
From watching a lot of kaprizov i think about barzal, not exact same skills or playstyle but a creative forward that has the puck on his stick a lot and it feels the focus is on him everytime he is on the ice ! Im talking more about similar impact

P10p

May 15, 2012
Looking back, seems like it was a a very good 5th round in 2015. Garland, Bear, Simon,Terry, Gaudette, Balcers, Kaprizov....

blindpass

May 7, 2010
For those who haven't seen him, his play style reminds me of Crosby. Same wide , strong, base, and great vision. Probably a tad less skilled, but who knows? He has only played 20 games or so in the NHL.

Ok, settle down.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Did he sign? Why'd he do the thing pretty much every prospect in his position does?
Still thou... each year it gets less and less likely that he will sign an NHL contract with the Wild.

He now plays for a team that competes from the Gagarin Cup each season,
why would he join the Wild and play for a team that doesn't have a chance to play for the Stanley Cup?.

Reactions: P10p

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Looking back, seems like it was a a very good 5th round in 2015. Garland, Bear, Simon,Terry, Gaudette, Balcers, Kaprizov....
What a draft. Not only was the depth terrific, so were the top picks. One of the best top 10s ever:
  1. McDavid
  2. Eichel
  3. Dylan Strome
  4. Marner
  5. Hanifin
  6. Zacha
  7. Provorov
  8. Werenski
  9. Meier
  10. Rantanen

Ad

Upcoming events