LW/RW Kirill Kaprizov (2015, 135th, MIN) - Part II

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
0+1 in Game 1. Comfortable win. From what I've seen he was great as always.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
It's very debatable. His opponents are way older than Kirill though(one of them could have been his dad)

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I don't think Mozyakin is in that conversation anymore.. It's between Kaprizov and Dawes, realistically.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
I don't think Mozyakin is in that conversation anymore.. It's between Kaprizov and Dawes, realistically.

You are probably right. Maybe I am just used to Mozyakin being a top goalscorer.

At the very same time, Kaprizov has nice instincts, but he doesn't have the same shot like Kovalchuk/Ovechkin, or a wrister like Semin/Tarasenko. So I doubt he will be scoring as much in the NHL.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
At the very same time, Kaprizov has nice instincts, but he doesn't have the same shot like Kovalchuk/Ovechkin, or a wrister like Semin/Tarasenko. So I doubt he will be scoring as much in the NHL.
Absolutely. Reminds me of Brayden Point a little bit the way they have been scoring.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
You are probably right. Maybe I am just used to Mozyakin being a top goalscorer.

His shots are various, though. He can wrist shoot, he can slap shoot, he can one time, and he's much better around the net, than any of aforementioned.

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Might be a lazy comparison but the way he scores around the net and his build he kind of reminds me of Parise, better hands though.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Might be a lazy comparison but the way he scores around the net and his build he kind of reminds me of Parise, better hands though.
Not a bad comparsion. Parise is more of an energy player than Kaprizov. But yeah, both smart players, good in front of the net, nice shot.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
His shots are various, though. He can wrist shoot, he can slap shoot, he can one time, and he's much better around the net, than any of aforementioned.
He is a smart player, finds chemistry with different teammates.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Honest question, what makes him more suitable to the NHL than Shumakov was? Or was Shumakov just not given a fair chance? They had very similar seasons in the KHL last year.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Honest question, what makes him more suitable to the NHL than Shumakov was? Or was Shumakov just not given a fair chance? They had very similar seasons in the KHL last year.
Opportunity, skill level and potential.

Shumakov started in the AHL and had a wrist injury which kept him out for months. When healthy he returned to Russia.

Kaprizov is still 21 remember....

Reactions: Violenza Domestica

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
They aren't even on the same planet talent-wise. Everything else is gravy.

That's what happens when you take numbers without context.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Wasn't signed in 2015 (draft year), not in 2016, not in 2017 nor in 2018 - How is he a still Wilds prospect???
You have the rights to player drafted from KHL much longer (someone knows the exact length). Russia did not sign the EURO-NHL agreement, and I wished Sweden stayed out it aswell. So many players ruined by being rushed.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Still thou... each year it gets less and less likely that he will sign an NHL contract with the Wild.

He now plays for a team that competes from the Gagarin Cup each season,
why would he join the Wild and play for a team that doesn't have a chance to play for the Stanley Cup?.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad