LW/RW Kirill Kaprizov (2015, 135th, MIN) - Part II

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
If he finds another step in his skating I don’t see why he can’t be a perennial all star. He does it all, he’s showing off his creativity more each game. I wouldn’t say that we have 0 of that besides him, Fiala has a bit, but we definitely need more skill around IQ around him.

He's one of the best in the league as to agility and edge work, but he won't add a lot of speed. If he was as fast as Fiala, he would have been generational talent.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
He doesn’t need another step to do that. He stepped into this league as a 23yo and was an allstar right away. Put him with actual talent and he’ll be well over a point per game player. Guy is lethal, especially when he gets scoring chances, which he hasn’t been getting a ton of because he’s doing all the work in the zone to set up the scoring chances. Put him with Ek and Greenway and he probably plays to a point a game the rest of the year. Put him with other first line talents and who knows what could happen. Iron sharpens Iron.
The game isn’t getting slower, and it would be a huge help to him while cementing him in that stratosphere if he could beat someone with speed occasionally instead of a once in awhile. I agree he’s not insulated and could easily be at 15 points, let’s wait a bit longer before saying he’s an all-star now.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
He's one of the best in the league as to agility and edge work, but he won't add a lot of speed. If he was as fast as Fiala, he would have been generational talent.
I wouldn’t go that far, but certainly amongst the best in the world with that kind of speed. I’m not sure how much he can add this off-season and what his focus will be, he’ll never be a demon but if he can be above average that can take him to another level.

I’ve always been high on Fiala and I do think that a year or so from now we’ll have a nice set of first line wingers than can play with anyone.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
He doesn’t need another step to do that. He stepped into this league as a 23yo and was an allstar right away. Put him with actual talent and he’ll be well over a point per game player. Guy is lethal, especially when he gets scoring chances, which he hasn’t been getting a ton of because he’s doing all the work in the zone to set up the scoring chances. Put him with Ek and Greenway and he probably plays to a point a game the rest of the year. Put him with other first line talents and who knows what could happen. Iron sharpens Iron.

I'm interested to see if he can gel with Boldy and/or Rossi next season. Both of them have that playmaking ability that his current line mates are lacking.

Kaprizov doesn't need to play with an elite #1C to max out his potential. He just needs something better than Victor Rask, Nick Bjugstad or Nick Bonino.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Time to regroup and rethink for the whole team I guess. COVID quarantine in effect.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
There is Russian classic comedy (to me it's actually more like a drama) in verse Woe from Wit, and it's exactly about Kaprizov on the Wild...

When he tries to outstickhandle the whole opponent team, shoots puck or does other simple moves, he creates something. When he tries to outsmart opponents, he almost always outsmarts his teammates as well. Even ones like Fiala, who's a good 1st line winger.

They probably should pair him with Zucc, who's a high IQ player himself.

Reactions: CupInSIX

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Relentless worker never stops moving his feet. Top speed isn't the best in the league but as you can see his edges and skating are top notch and can turn on a dime or out muscle or leverage you with that thicc body and strong skates.

The fact his brain and hands can keep up is what makes him so good.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Relentless worker never stops moving his feet. Top speed isn't the best in the league but as you can see his edges and skating are top notch and can turn on a dime or out muscle or leverage you with that thicc body and strong skates.

The fact his brain and hands can keep up is what makes him so good.
HE should work on his speed in the offseason. He would be downright deadly with just a bit more top speed.

Reactions: BMann

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Kap has exceeded expectations. Usually ANY player coming into the league has an adjustment period, but this guy seems unfazed by anything that has been thrown at him. Can't wait to get Boldy and Rossi on the team next year so he will have more options. Like most great players, his best skill is his mind. I think those two are also smart, and they will figure out a way to mesh within a year or two. I hope KK is happy in MN, and isn't one of those guys who needs to move to the big city or bright lights, because I can see MN having a very good team over the next few years, with a little bit of luck.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Kap has exceeded expectations. Usually ANY player coming into the league has an adjustment period, but this guy seems unfazed by anything that has been thrown at him. Can't wait to get Boldy and Rossi on the team next year so he will have more options. Like most great players, his best skill is his mind. I think those two are also smart, and they will figure out a way to mesh within a year or two. I hope KK is happy in MN, and isn't one of those guys who needs to move to the big city or bright lights, because I can see MN having a very good team over the next few years, with a little bit of luck.
Wow. Even you’re being optimistic. He must really be good

Reactions: Nsjohnson

bagsw

Apr 17, 2016
Saint Petersburg, Russia
He lived most of his life in such depressive places, so I believe that MN is like heaven after it. Of course years in Ufa and Moscow showed him good places, but childhood in Novokuznetsk is tough school :)

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Minneapolis is a nice place to live if you don't mind winter. Most hockey players like it here, but there are a few who want a faster life in cities where women wear bikinis rather than parkas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->