LW Kyle Connor (2015, 17th, WPG) II

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
Connor is pretty invisible even when he's scoring lots of points. He's an opportunistic scorer and a very good one...I think with his speed and smarts he can make a career out of being one in the NHL as well. He's not similar to Dylan Larkin besides the speed though. Larkin is all over the puck and was much stronger at the same age.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
You knew what you were typing.

you must mistake me for an idiot. I know Connor is talented, more talented than Compher and Motte. BUT I know the Big10 is a garbage hockey conference this year. I would like to see people relax on him slightly.

also: you were the first to comment, "thought connor can't produce against top NCAA teams" did you watch the game? he was invisible pretty much the whole time.

Stream*

Dec 13, 2015
you must mistake me for an idiot. I know Connor is talented, more talented than Compher and Motte. BUT I know the Big10 is a garbage hockey conference this year. I would like to see people relax on him slightly.

also: you were the first to comment, "thought connor can't produce against top NCAA teams" did you watch the game? he was invisible pretty much the whole time.

Is Notre Dame in the Big 10?

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Is Notre Dame in the Big 10?

no, but Michigan is, and if you wanted to know, they (ND) will be next year. You can not honestly have watched that game and tell me Connor was everywhere, like he has been all year. Werenski and Compher were the best players on the ice.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Connor is pretty invisible even when he's scoring lots of points. He's an opportunistic scorer and a very good one...I think with his speed and smarts he can make a career out of being one in the NHL as well. He's not similar to Dylan Larkin besides the speed though. Larkin is all over the puck and was much stronger at the same age.

Even while giving him props, you still find a way to undewhelm his game.
Did you even watch the game? Connor had 4 SOG, including one that got past the goalie and sat on the goal-line in the second period.

He almost had a primary assist on a goal earlier as well, but the shot rang off the pipe.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I still like the fact Connor assisted on an overtime winner in the playoffs - at the same time extending his consecutive points streak :handclap::handclap:

I seem to recall Kane extending his point streak with an empty net goal - after being largely invisible during the game (very un-like Pat Kane). Dont see an asterisk beside his point streak. Talented players score points even when they have an off game.

Stream*

Dec 13, 2015
no, but Michigan is, and if you wanted to know, they (ND) will be next year. You can not honestly have watched that game and tell me Connor was everywhere, like he has been all year. Werenski and Compher were the best players on the ice.

Notre Dames game plan was pretty well centered around shutting down Connor and Motte. They play the boring trap type of game that New Jersey use to play, and hoped to score on a giveaway or break down (which they did today). Notre Dame was fully aware of where Connor was at all times today and consistantly sent 2 players over to defend him, but in the end that was their weakness in sending too many people over to his side, while one player followed Compher into the corner on the same side as Connor, and left the middle open for an easy goal.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Notre Dames game plan was pretty well centered around shutting down Connor and Motte. They play the boring trap type of game that New Jersey use to play, and hoped to score on a giveaway or break down (which they did today). Notre Dame was fully aware of where Connor was at all times today and consistantly sent 2 players over to defend him, but in the end that was their weakness in sending too many people over to his side, while one player followed Compher into the corner on the same side as Connor, and left the middle open for an easy goal.

Even still, the Connor shot that was checked by ND wobbled over to Compher, who had the blind drop pass assist on the goal. Not impressive by Connor's standards, but was still creating a chance.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont

i saw it more as, a nice bounce in the neutral zone, a 2 on 1, that his shot got blocked, and then compher with a nice no look backhand pass, that Gilbert didn't get back on, and Motte is there on the backdoor. Obviously everyone's best players are going to be keyed on, at any level, up to the player to make things happen anyway, and the coach to try and get that player favorable matchups.

Stream*

Dec 13, 2015
i saw it more as, a nice bounce in the neutral zone, a 2 on 1, that his shot got blocked, and then compher with a nice no look backhand pass, that Gilbert didn't get back on, and Motte is there on the backdoor. Obviously everyone's best players are going to be keyed on, at any level, up to the player to make things happen anyway, and the coach to try and get that player favorable matchups.

So are you saying having 3 players over on one side to cover 2 players is the way things should be played?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Yet he still gets a point and is a post and goal line away from multi point game. ND did a very good job keeping out of the penalty box and trapping and even then the streak lives.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
So are you saying having 3 players over on one side to cover 2 players is the way things should be played?

you are analyzing the play completely wrong. One is the defenseman, playing the shot by Connor, the other is a forward backchecking and coming into the play from the neutral zone. There are two players on that side because the defenseman and the backchecker are there. Then the backchecker and a forward that were back converge on the loose puck, which compher wins the race too, and throws it to Motte backdoor, in which Gilbert is too late. Connor comes up with the puck, which is good, but compher makes the play, the whole play pretty much, IDK what's so hard to see about that. AND IDK whats so wrong with that.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I AM NOT HATING ON CONNOR. I am hating on the fact that he is ready to be a top line NHL talent next season in some posts that I have seen. Also comparing him to Eichel. Even then, he is still gonna be a good player, but jeez, its like other players aren't allowed to have a better game, COMPHER was better, WERENSKI was better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad