LW Kyle Connor (2015, 17th, WPG) II

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
This was how high I thought of him last year. Both of my mock drafts done in August 2014 and May 2015 ranked him respectively 4th and 5th overall.

He's proving it today!

http://hockeylobby.blogspot.ca

The Hurricanes had the 4th lowest number of goals scored in the league last year and lots of question marks surrounding the future of their captain Eric Staal and injury prone Jeff Skinner. Kyle Connor has dominated the USHL for the past 2 years and that shows how much of a talent he is. Might be a reach, but it will pay off in the long run.

Comparable: Jeff Carter

Skinny: Connor was a high scoring machine last season in the USHL, finishing 2nd in league scoring with 74 pts in 56 games while playing for the Youngstown Phantoms. He can play both ends of the ice and doesn’t shy away from contact. Has the ability of always finding the right spot on the ice and having a knack for the back of the net.
Player Comparable: Corey Perry

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
Why did he fall? Every publication I read seemed to have him in the 10-13 range. I think i read about scouts being worried his offence wouldn't translate?

The Bruins hogged the draft floor and drafted all the wrong guys, that left Connor to the Jets.

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
Remember how White went to the WJC but this guy didn't? Yea....I don't know how either. Love it for this guy, was a big fan of him and good on him to do this.

What is your beef with White? This is the second time that you have come into the Connor thread and commented about how it was somehow ridiculous that White went to the WJC and Connor didn't. My comment last time, and others agreed and continue to agree, was that White was a lock for that team and that Connor didn't miss out due to him. It seems that either you don't actually know anything about White as a prospect or you dislike him because he's a Sens prospect...

morphinecv

Feb 12, 2015
Yeah, I can find a lot of fault in the USA not bringing Kyle Connor aboard, but if you think Colin White was the problem in that lineup I literally can't even.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I think a fascinating question for him is does he play Center or Wing in the NHL. I would not rule out the former. If he does play Center one day. This Jet's pick will look even better than it already does.

hockeey

Oct 28, 2014
CA
I think a fascinating question for him is does he play Center or Wing in the NHL. I would not rule out the former. If he does play Center one day. This Jet's pick will look even better than it already does.

After watching him a couple games this year, I think he looks much better as a winger than he would as a center. He's got really good speed, quick shot, and is great offensively but he still has a long way to go defensively and his size may hold him back in the defensive end. Not saying he can't do it but it makes much more sense to use him at wing.

Randal61

Jan 12, 2014
After watching him a couple games this year, I think he looks much better as a winger than he would as a center. He's got really good speed, quick shot, and is great offensively but he still has a long way to go defensively and his size may hold him back in the defensive end. Not saying he can't do it but it makes much more sense to use him at wing.

Isn't he listed at 6'1"?

hockeey

Oct 28, 2014
CA
Isn't he listed at 6'1"?

Yeah but also 176 lbs. He's not very strong yet and you can tell he looks a little lanky. I think if he gets thicker he could play center but I really think he's suited best for wing.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
So, prospect signing watch 2016 happens tomorrow night regardless of what happens. Either Connor or Poolman will be available to be signed to ELCs, should they decide to pursue it.

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
Playing tonight in the regional finals. Really interested in watching, but I'm in Canada and it seems to be tricky to find anyway to watch unless the games are on TSN, which it doesn't seem like this one is. Any Winnipeg fans have any ways of watching the game?

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Connor showed his speed and hands at times, but thought he was invisible most of the game. Had that one shot that trickled near the line driving the net. Compher and Werenski were easily the best players on Michigan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad