LW Kyle Connor (2015, 17th, WPG) II

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
If the Flyers didn't draft Provorov, I was big on the Connor-wagon as well. Glad to see he's having a helluva year. Can't believe he fell to 17 still.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Was so pissed when Jets took him. His hometown Red Wings were just two picks back, Larkin-Connor woulda been sick.

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
This is a problem with the gets d-men to Edmonton at all costs logic. People on this board would have the Oilers sell off Hall, RNH, and Eberle and pennies on the dollar just to get a warm body who can play D.

I must be missing something...perhaps from the previous thread. How is this on topic in any way?

Edit: Oh, I see...that's why he fell past the Oilers.

Last edited:

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Pierre Mcguire on tsn radio here in ott said today he thinks connor will be better than Larkin .

Interesting and high praise.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
He is outproducing what Larkin did by quite a bit. His defensive game isn't near where Larkin's was at the same stage and nobody anticipated Larkin doing what he has done in the NHL this year. Still though, Connor has the potential to be better offensively than Larkin. Worth noting that there is only a 4 month age gap between Larkin and Connor.

Insulin

Jan 23, 2013
Atlantic City
Lot of Flyers fans had him very close with Provorov for #7 overall if we went forward. Has exceeded my already high expectations, hope he's able to do big things in the NHL.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Pierre Mcguire on tsn radio here in ott said today he thinks connor will be better than Larkin .

Draftniks that ranked him 5th or 6th look like they got it right about him. Crazy speed and skill. Seems to have a great personality, too.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

Nothing crazy about saying that but still, it's Pierre. It's too early to say for me. At this point Connor seems to have a higher offensive ceiling for sure, but Larkin is a two-way beast in the making. Will be interesting to see if Connor can have a smooth transition to the NHL.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Nothing crazy about saying that but still, it's Pierre. It's too early to say for me. At this point Connor seems to have a higher offensive ceiling for sure, but Larkin is a two-way beast in the making. Will be interesting to see if Connor can have a smooth transition to the NHL.
I'm a Jets fan and I'd still put Larkin ahead. Fact is Larkin has shown it in the NHL which is a big factor and as others have pointed out Karkin also has the defensive ability.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I'm a Jets fan and I'd still put Larkin ahead. Fact is Larkin has shown it in the NHL which is a big factor and as others have pointed out Karkin also has the defensive ability.

Yea as a Jets fan I agree. Connor I give the edge to in offensive ceiling but Larkin is already playing a very good 200' game at the NHL level so until Kyle gets there and proves it Dylan is da man.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
From Friedman's 30 thoughts....

15. Is Michigan’s Kyle Connor ready for the NHL? “Is that a serious question?†one scout said Tuesday. “Why are you bothering me with this?†said another. Up to Connor (and the schedule, really).

Think the second scout works for the Bruins? :naughty:

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015

Agreed. Jets fan as well and getting it done in the NHL trumps better numbers the year before getting to the NHL.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Remember how White went to the WJC but this guy didn't? Yea....I don't know how either. Love it for this guy, was a big fan of him and good on him to do this.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Remember how White went to the WJC but this guy didn't? Yea....I don't know how either. Love it for this guy, was a big fan of him and good on him to do this.

White played well at the WJC and deserved to be there... I don't see your point at all. White was a top 3-4 forward on that team lol.

But yeah, Connor should have been a lock to make it.

Boxertim

Mar 21, 2014
winnipeg
After seeing the behind the scenes of the Flyers draft room, I'm not surprised that they didn't take him. 'He didn't know who he was'

Whileee

May 29, 2010
After seeing the behind the scenes of the Flyers draft room, I'm not surprised that they didn't take him. 'He didn't know who he was'

It was fascinating to watch them move Morin above Monahan on their draft board, while one of the scouts (who was overruled) was like "whaaaat???".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad