Tribute Luke Schenn Appreciation Thread

horner

May 22, 2007
They need every penny for AM, and then MM will want the same

What a mess! Overpaid entitled stars who seem to be more concerned with indiviudal accomplishments. Few picks, Murray contract to get rid of, another player walking in Kerfoot, goalies not clear, D is slow - actually the whole team is pretty slow now.....
Thanks dubas
Mrazak was a great goaltender for a first rd pkwasnt he hurt the yr before mmmmm like Murray.
Go ruin Pittsburgh.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Folignos Helmet

Sep 4, 2020
I dont mind him in the 6/7 hole, but not with Rielly regularly
I would like to see
Rielly - Big mobile shutdown (Nylander for Pesce or Puloch) would be nice
Big mobile (Ryan Graves would be nice, Dumoulin) - Maybe Lily, or another big mobile guy
McCabe - Schenn
Gio

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
If they trade some core and bring back guys like ROR and Schenn, I am happy as a fan understanding we likely won't win. . The direction switch will be nice though.

Like Schenn.

Burkeocet

Nov 2, 2019
3 years x 1.25M
2 years x 1.5-1.75M
1 year 2M

What would you choose?
Any of them. I’d leave it up to him. I’d do a 3x 1.5m no problem and maybe even slightly more to keep this guy. Him and Aciari need to stay and shouldn’t be expected to take league minimum because the “core 4” refuse to give even an inch to win

horner

May 22, 2007
Any of them. I’d leave it up to him. I’d do a 3x 1.5m no problem and maybe even slightly more to keep this guy. Him and Aciari need to stay and shouldn’t be expected to take league minimum because the “core 4” refuse to give even an inch to win
Schenn and Acurri are fan favorites and give a different look in our lineup .
They both love being here as well.
Schenn 1.7 mil per yr × 2 yrs
Acurri 1.4 mil × 3 yrs
They give us something to watch when the core doesn't show up for half a game

Treliving if not them find us the same players

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

Luke Schenn. There’s a lot of people in this city hoping that Luke Schenn gets to July 1st, Canucks can get him. Again, it’s gonna be tough. Luke Schenn and the Maple Leafs as of not close. I’m hearing.

You’re not getting Schenn cheap anymore. Last four year he played for under a $1 million. That’s not going to be the case anymore.
He’s got a couple Stanley Cups. He played with Quinn Hughes. He played with Morgan Rielly. I don’t think you’re getting him under a $1 million anymore.

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
Why do we always overrate old slow players? Schenn isnt worth more than the vet minimum. Didnt he play the last few season on a similar contract and now we want to add more?

Its like the ROR love ......cant drive his own line......slows the top 2 lines and really where was the grit and push back in the playoffs from this overrated player? Was nonexistent.
We lost alot of team speed. It showed in the playoffs. Sure we all like to have a big defensemen that can skate and make a first pass. But they are hard to come by. Schenn is a slow big boy who bounces puck off the board so his stats look good but we constantly give away puck possession.

We didnt learn our lessons with Thornton and Marleau....Folingo ....etc?

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I think the Leafs and Luke Schenn will reach a deal, but in not I expect he will return to Vancouver.

horner

May 22, 2007

Luke Schenn. There’s a lot of people in this city hoping that Luke Schenn gets to July 1st, Canucks can get him. Again, it’s gonna be tough. Luke Schenn and the Maple Leafs as of not close. I’m hearing.

You’re not getting Schenn cheap anymore. Last four year he played for under a $1 million. That’s not going to be the case anymore.
He’s got a couple Stanley Cups. He played with Quinn Hughes. He played with Morgan Rielly. I don’t think you’re getting him under a $1 million anymore.

Yes he is worth more 1.8 mil I think he will sign with someone.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Report: Maple Leafs Engaged in Ongoing Discussions with Luke Schenn Ahead of Impending Free Agency - The Hockey News

Is there still a path for Luke Schenn to stay with the Toronto Maple Leafs?

According to TSN hockey insider Pierre LeBrun, the Maple Leafs and Schenn's agent, Ben Hankinson, are still talking ahead of July 1, when the popular defenseman becomes an unrestricted free agent.

"Luke Schenn hopes to remain a Leaf, but the clock is ticking toward Saturday," LeBrun said.

Schenn began his second stint with the Maple Leafs in February when he was acquired from the Vancouver Canucks in exchange for a 2023 third-round draft pick.

The 33-year-old enjoyed a successful postseason with Toronto, playing alongside Morgan Rielly.

During the first round of the playoffs, Schenn was on the ice for seven goals and just one goal against at even strength. In their second round against the Florida Panthers, Schenn was on the ice for three goals and just one against at even strength, despite losing in five games.

Maple Leafs GM Brad Treliving is reportedly looking at possibly changing up the defense to be a little bit bigger. At 6-foot-2 and 224 pounds, Schenn brought a size and physical edge to the club.

Reactions: Sypher04

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
If he came in at $2 million and under where Holl was I think that’s still a win for Toronto. Ideally shorter term. But if he wants more AAV and more years it becomes harder. Really enjoyed Schenn 2.0 this year but we can’t overcommit just because he’s a sentimental favourite.

alliuk12

Feb 1, 2011
Keep schenn we finally have a defence man that is not afraid to step in and use his body to take someone off the puck

Reactions: horner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad