Tribute Luke Schenn Appreciation Thread

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Sucks to see him go. He really played at a high level for us in the playoffs, and was really effective at shutting Tampa's physical players down too. He should have been brought back for that price, but unfortunately Treliving decided that the ability to actually play hockey isn't necessary for our enforcer

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Sucks to see him go. He really played at a high level for us in the playoffs, and was really effective at shutting Tampa's physical players down too. He should have been brought back for that price, but unfortunately Treliving decided that the ability to actually play hockey isn't necessary for our enforcer
He should absolutely not have been brought back at that price lol

pentaguyy

May 2, 2022
Doesn't it suck when all your cap goes to a handful of playoff underperformers and you can't break off a little for those guys that can at least show others how to elevate their give-a-shit level.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Happy for Luke, but jeebuzz Nashville you're screwing up pricing, thats a little rich for Luke Schenn whats Gudas worth now, Vince Dunn, Justin Holl and so on?

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I can't believe, after the stint Luke had here, people are still spouting this 7th d-man garbage. It's one thing to say that before the trade if you don't actually pay attention to what's going on outside of Toronto, but after? Really guys?

He was the best partner Rielly's ever had, and the best defensive d-man on this team in the playoffs. Easily worth $2.75 to the Leafs.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I can't believe, after the stint Luke had here, people are still spouting this 7th d-man garbage. It's one thing to say that before the trade if you don't actually pay attention to what's going on outside of Toronto, but after? Really guys?

He was the best partner Rielly's ever had, and the best defensive d-man on this team in the playoffs. Easily worth $2.75 to the Leafs.
Agree with every point. It's pretty obvious there are either some young posters in here who don't really understand the game or they simply weren't watching this player and aren't informed.

Reactions: JKG33

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Would have loved Schenn back but at the price it was too steep.
He was playing with Rielly on top pairing, was the teams most physical and responsible defender and would drop the gloves with anyone. Has championship pedigree can perform in playoffs.

It's actually a bargain.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
He was playing with Rielly on top pairing, was the teams most physical and responsible defender and would drop the gloves with anyone. Has championship pedigree can perform in playoffs.

It's actually a bargain.

Term was too long and there’s better mobile defenseman out there in UFA. And I think that’s the issue. Luke Schenn should not be a top pairing dman and if he is on your team that’s not a good thing.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Wish him the best.

I wasn’t overjoyed with him coming in at the TDL, but he absolutely won me over and I was hoping he’d re-sign.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Term was too long and there’s better mobile defenseman out there in UFA. And I think that’s the issue. Luke Schenn should not be a top pairing dman and if he is on your team that’s not a good thing.
How was it too long. Explain. He is 33.

Better more mobile defenceman out there. Neither here nor there.

Luke Schenn shouldn't be playing on any teams top pairing. But he was with us. What does that tell you. It tells you Leafs D was thin and Luke Schenn is a valuable defender. Easily worth that contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad