Tribute Luke Schenn Appreciation Thread

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Man rough start to free agency. 4.5 for Ryan doesn't seem that steep, 2.75 is overpayment for Schenn but he was magnificent for us in the playoffs. He really played with his heart on his sleeve, we're going to miss that toughness.

And then locking up an old grinder for 3 years who is going to spend most of the time in the press box?

What is happening. I know it's very early but we have definitely gone down, not up so far.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Notice the trend? Why do all the Gamers the Leafs pickup at the deadline ALWAYs leave? While this franchise ownersip/management grovel over the regular season all-stars, the guys who play in the trenches and win Cups leave.

Maybe they sense the failed DNA of this core too?

You can say Cap is one reason but I don't buy it. Gio took min wage as did Spezza. Yes thental of their carers, but it freed space thatnthenCore eat up.

Foligno left (ok, he was overpaid), Bogosian left for less, Schenn, O Rielly, for a couple of mil ll more you have Petiioangelo instead of Reilly. I think he won ANOTHER Cup, no?

You take one salary of Marner alone and configure the pieces you could have with that stack of bills.

It isnt just the players that are flawed, its the ownersip, it has to.be. Ive used this example.many times, Scotty Bowman offered to coach AND GM the team. His.only demand (pre cap era), "at the beginning of the season you give me my budge and then you leave me alone".

What have the Leafs won since they rejected that golden offer?

Reactions: Clark4Ever

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
really don’t see how this team is any better that loss to the panthers in 5 games…..let’s run it back with the core 4 with less support! It’ll work this time I promise!

Reactions: ToneDog

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
really don’t see how this team is any better that loss to the panthers in 5 games…..let’s run it back with the core 4 with less support! It’ll work this time I promise!
Panthers have added OEL, Mikkola, Reilly, Carlsson to their D.

Tre gonna make big splash signing Bertuzzi.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Pretty confident Schenn would've taken less if Leafs made him a serious multi-year deal.

Can't blame a guy for putting nearly $9 million into the family bank account after years in the hockey wilderness. But it does hurt and feel bittersweet to lose a guy like Schenn this time over what amounts to a vanity rounding number for some of the big guns, even if we are potentially avoiding an overpay and over commitment.

PeteBestondrums

Jul 1, 2023
Would have insured Schenn stated on, even at the contract he got from Nashville. His genuine compete level is higher than just about anyone else on the team and the sole physical force we had.
He was more a captain than Tavares and 2nd best overall DMan in the playoffs. He was extremely likeable and gave it his all, which is still quite good.
Mitch and Willy will be able to buy that 3rd cottage, however, so there's that.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
He’s smart, why would he want to play with these losers? So he has to fight every single battle because no one else will?

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
It's a shame the deal couldn't be reached. But I wouldn't have given him that. 2-2.5 x 2 would have been my max.

Was fun to have him back regardless even for that brief time

Reactions: Clark4Ever

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
I really like Schenn. Although it's also true I only watched the playoffs this year. This one hurts. And Nylander is one of my favorite players too. Thanks Shanny and Dubas. For nothing.

Schenn brought that same thing that Bogosian did before him. I miss Bogo too.

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
D
Would he not have signed if he "truly wanted to be a leaf"???
Depends on how much the Leafs offered him. Also no state tax in Tennessee so it’s doubtful that they could offer him close to what he got from Nashville.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Man rough start to free agency. 4.5 for Ryan doesn't seem that steep, 2.75 is overpayment for Schenn but he was magnificent for us in the playoffs. He really played with his heart on his sleeve, we're going to miss that toughness.

And then locking up an old grinder for 3 years who is going to spend most of the time in the press box?

What is happening. I know it's very early but we have definitely gone down, not up so far.

Not even a grinder, a goon. If he isn't playing in the playoffs then that's a really pointless deal though.

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
He was slow and did he win any fights he had with us? His game is simple….bounced pucks off the boards. Sure it worked but we lost puck possession. He did click with Reilly.

Was a good story here but he was looking for a retirement package and got it elsewhere

Best of luck

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
He was slow and did he win any fights he had with us? His game is simple….bounced pucks off the boards. Sure it worked but we lost puck possession. He did click with Reilly.

Was a good story here but he was looking for a retirement package and got it elsewhere

Best of luck
Yes he won fights, not that it matters he only had 2. Just show up. But he knocked Maroon out of the game.

And he wasn't an off the boards guy, in fact he was probably the best Leaf with a good 1st pass all playoffs.

Reactions: CanadasTeam

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad