Tribute Luke Schenn Appreciation Thread

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
We are all understandably negative at this time, but I thought it would be nice if we talked about how great Luke Schenn was for us all playoffs:

He was 2nd in hits among all players and outscored the opposition 10-2 when he was on the ice. An absolute playoff warrior who after all these years ended up being the hard hitting defensive RHD we wanted

Hopefully we re-sign him and keep him next to Rielly!

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Would love a full season of him and Rielly together.

Schenn turned Quinn Hughes around and he certainly had a positive impact on Rielly.
As a Canucks fan, this is spot on. Luke was a great protector for the young stars and quickly became a favourite.

I didn’t want him to go, but understood why & was happy it was with his original team.

As a guest & fan of the Leafs as well , I’d love to see him back on either team, though your Leafs probably need him more.

Nice idea for a Thread @leafsfan5

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia
Love this thread. Support for getting him wasn't overwhelmingly high. He did great.

Rielly Schenn
McCabe Liljegren

Not a bad top 4. Of course if you can find somebody better than Liljegren then you can drop him down.

Schenn deserves a 2 or maybe even 3 year deal with a raise.

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
He and Mo were awesome together. First time Morgan looked comfortable playing his style of game in a long time.

Get Schenn re-signed and you have: Mo, Schenn, Lili, McCabe, Timmons and Gio under contract next year.

Let Holl and Gustafsson walk as UFAs, trade Brodie for a couple of mid round draft picks. Let the new GM attempt to do one of the many things that Dubas failed at, build a competent second D pairing.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
The thing I love about Schenn and others of his ilk is that he's going to give you everything he has. It may not be star quality ability but he doesn't cheat you.
People mock the term gud pro like it's a joke term but he's a living breathing example of what that term is meant to describe.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Every goal counts in the playoffs.

His plus minus was 15 better than own rental Justin Holl.

1684016115108.png

horner

May 22, 2007
Love this thread. Support for getting him wasn't overwhelmingly high. He did great.

Rielly Schenn
McCabe Liljegren

Not a bad top 4. Of course if you can find somebody better than Liljegren then you can drop him down.

Two FA defenseman
Soucy Seattle 3 mil tough defensive dman
Gudas Florida 3 mil tough mean sonnof a bitch

Now we would have a d built for the playoffs

Last edited:

Beanzy

Nov 14, 2018
He was so calm with the puck in the defensive zone. Many occasions where he had players bearing down on him and he didn't panic clear up the sideboards to no one (à la J. Holl). I really hope they can bring him back.

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Schenn is an easy guy to root for. You can see why the Canucks fans were saying he is worth more than most teams fanbases would offer. Perfect example of an "intangibles" player. Dude just makes your team better every night.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Bring him back, bring him back

He was so calm with the puck in the defensive zone. Many occasions where he had players bearing down on him and he didn't panic clear up the sideboards to no one (à la J. Holl). I really hope they can bring him back.
One play last night was he made a cross ice pass to Reilly, got intercepted and needed to race down to get the puck. He first boxed the Panthers off and you can see he skated for his life to get that loose puck. I bursted in tears when I saw that play bc you can tell, he really skated like his life was depended on it.
That’s heart and soul

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

Rielly Schenn
McCabe Liljegren

Honestly I think Schenn is better than McCabe

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
I don't know where else to say this guys, but.... I think I'm literally in platonic love with Luke Schenn. I think he's my favourite player. Most of the time I don't even really have a favourite player. For a brief time Campbell really endeared himself to me and I considered him my favourite for, like, 2 months maybe. But it could never last.

But Luke? Oh my god Luke. How is it that I'm 41 and my hero is a 33 year old? It's just so improbable all around. This guy should have been washed out of the NHL five years ago and here he is, playing the best hockey of his life. He is the only player on the roster who truly, vastly EXCEEDED all expectations this spring. You can say Rielly if you want, but sorry, for what he makes, he shot a birdie with this year's performance and Luke shot a f***ing albatross.

Schenn is the player I would have felt the best for, if the Leafs won. I would have wanted him to get the first cup pass, even if he probably would have been, like, 4th last. He is the only player I truly feel bad for after the series loss, and the way they lost. Just the thought of Schenn being able to come back home, play the best hockey of his life and lift the cup as a leaf, brought a tear to my eye. This was probably our one chance to make that happen for him and we blew it. This team doesn't deserve him.

I just watched his postseason presser and the dude is just so f***ing cool. I wish he'd sign for another year at $1M but you can see the confidence in him. He knows he just played the best hockey of his life at 33, and he's getting 3X3M from someone. It probably wouldn't be wise if it was us, but we should seriously take a look at what it would take and if we can make it work for the team and the player. I just get the sense that he's a real culture guy and this is where he can be of the most use in that regard.

I realize that with a player like him the wheels could fall off anytime, and that scares me. Nonetheless, I'll be sad if we lose him and I'll root for him everywhere he goes. A f***ing champ and a beast. Never in my life have I ever gone from disregarding/dismissing a player so easily, to being so much in love with a player in such a short time as I just did with Schenn.

I know, my posts are usually much better put together than this. I just had to get my ramblings down somewhere before bed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad