Lucic will have likely have hearing for hit on Joseph (upd: fined $10,000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
I have no idea how this guy constantly keeps getting slapped on the wrist. 10K is nothing and its not like he has been a clean player his entire career.... Mister nut spear himself at it again ..

Reactions: berlin

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
As a Flames fan I'm overjoyed that Lucic will remain in the Oiler lineup.
I truly believe in Yin and Yang. McDavid is your Yin and Lucic is your Yang. The universe remains in harmony and balance.

Reactions: Mez and McDNicks17

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
As a Flames fan I'm overjoyed that Lucic will remain in the Oiler lineup.
I truly believe in Yin and Yang. McDavid is your Yin and Lucic is your Yang. The universe remains in harmony and balance.
Certainly no balance in the battle of Alberta :sarcasm:

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
This just in: The NHL has handed down the maximum punishment to Milan Lucic for roughing Tampa Bay's Mathieu Joseph.........Lucic will have to remain playing for the Edmonton Oilers.

I'm an Oilers fan and I laughed.

I think Lucic did what he felt he had to. No problems with it; he didn't go overboard. I'm biased obviously, but he got away with 3 dirty hits prior to this so I think it was the last straw.

Refs need to call the game more consistently then this wont happen to begin with.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
It looks like he is focused on the play not on Lucic. While I see the point that Lucic is chirping at you and you should expect a play like that from Lucic but the kid honestly looks like he could care less what Lucic is saying and is focused on the game. I cant say for sure but if Im right its a blindside. No other way around it.

That was pretty stupid of him.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Surprised he didn't get 5 and a game for that hit

Looks like he didnt follow through that hard but under the way the NHL is currently cracking down on any kind of head trauma, very strange he didnt at least get a penalty.

I don't really understand anything about NHL discipline right now. If you took the Keith recent boarding penalty, this play and Lucic's freakout, Id say this was probably the worst from "suspension worthy" point of view (and it shouldnt be any kind of suspension) yet its the only one that got off with nothing.

The right thing for Joseph to do would have been to step up and he would have earned some respect as I dont think he was being malicious on the hit but the refs certainly missed a call there and it would have actually taken away some of the bad blood. I didnt watch the game but I heard he was really running around even before this and then turned down a couple of previous chances to dance after the board. True?

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Don't cry to me when your stars get injured because he wants to be a chicken**** then. If we play you guys late in the year (no idea as I haven't checked the schedule) and we're making golf reservations paybacks are a *****.

Uh, I'm a Caps fan.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
You guys ever been sat on by a fat***?

LwuBAGX.gif

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I see tears flowing LOL

I wonder if they had to scrape the ice from Joseph's piss stains? I assume he has normal BM's so it didn't ooze onto the ice. To quote Deadpool "I guess he should've worn his brown pants".

It true, the cold ass weather has that affect.

Rig workers, farmers, tradesmen, yeah Edmonton has its share of tough hombres.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Looks like he didnt follow through that hard but under the way the NHL is currently cracking down on any kind of head trauma, very strange he didnt at least get a penalty.

Oh, come on now. The NHL has no problem with hits like that. He doesn't follow through, he limits the contact and he doesn't target the head. While it arguably (and I think it's a strong argument) is inevitable that hits like that will result in head injuries, the NHL is (right now) only interested in removing direct hits to the head, not all hits that result in head injuries. Joseph's hit doesn't come anywhere close to what the NHL's current standard is for hits from behind or headshots. I'm sure Lucic has thrown hundreds of hits over his career that were very similar to this. He's reacting to the apparent injury Russell suffered, not to the hit itself, which is stupid enough on its own to warrant the fine, IMO.

That said, I'm absolutely a proponent of removing all hits from behind, regardless of the strength behind the hit. IMO, the primary cause of the dangerous hits from behind is "muscle memory", if you will, from players because these "soft" hits from behind are allowed. If a player sees numbers for any reasonable duration of time, the NHL should be giving a penalty no matter what sort of hit is made. If they do, players will adjust by training themselves to avoid bodychecking such a player in a very quick fashion, and hits from behind will disappear just as hooking and holding have, excluding the obvious plays where a player puts himself into the position with the player having no time react (which are a very small fraction of all hits from behind).

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Lighting roster is like the Toronto Raptors of the last few years... Great regular season team but you don't win in the playoffs with Derozans (Kucherov), JVs (Hedman) and Lowrys (Point).

Also team is full of fake tough guys like Paquette and Joseph. When the NHL is being ran by players like Domi, Tkachuk, Marchand etc... Shows you the state of the NHL and it's "top players".

Worst post ever. What a crock of BS. What flavor haterade are you drinking tonight? Raptors? I bet we get further than your team? Wager?

BigGulpsEh

Feb 20, 2017
Lucic is an idiot in general but he took it easy on the guy. Roughed him up a little like a big brother would. Optics of chasing him around is why he got the fine

Reactions: robertocarlos

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
Went through the first few pages of this thread and searched on youtube, anyone have video of the boarding hits by mathieu that premeditated this whole thing? Not justifying one way or the other, just wanted to see what got this all started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad