Lucic will have likely have hearing for hit on Joseph (upd: fined $10,000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Plug or not Joseph is still probably trying to clean his shorts after thinking the end was near, and I for one loved every minute of seeing that big ass plug rag doll that little weasel around!!!

Yeah, I doubt he was cowering all that much, he was snickering at the Oilers giving up an extended power play.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Plug or not Joseph is still probably trying to clean his shorts after thinking the end was near, and I for one loved every minute of seeing that big ass plug rag doll that little weasel around!!!
lol Joseph was laughing his ass off on the bench after it. :laugh:

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
That has never worked, and will never work.

Players are crappy judges - worse so in the moment, all charged up on emotion. It simply isn't the path to proper enforcement or safety. Your solution would simply favor the team that employs more goons willing to cross the line the farthest.

The league should be in charge of discipline. Any player who attempts to usurp that authority ought to be disciplined - as would be the case in virtually any other sport.
I would agree if it wasn’t obvious how much the league misses in terms of discipline. The players only step in when the league itself fails to protect them. Lucic’s actions are as much a message to the league as it is to the Tampa players - if you want to protect Joseph, put him in the box for hitting Russell from behind. Or better yet, crackdown on games early so they don’t get out of hand. If the refs let borderline hits go or miss them, someone is going to get hurt.

This is why I feel fighting is an important aspect of player safety. What Lucic did was more dangerous than if he had simply fought Joseph. But if you remove fighting, the only recourse players will have in seeking retribution for an unjust play is to hit the player in open ice.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Very clever and relevant to the thread topic. Another sensational contribution by the Tampa brethren.

This actually is an interesting point, I can understand this view. I guess the deciding factor is he did not headshot him, could have obliterated him but didn't, and just gave him the business afterwards, did not actually throw a flurry of punches or anything. Kinda swatted him once I suppose.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Yeah, I doubt he was cowering all that much, he was snickering at the Oilers giving up an extended power play.

scb4a8.jpg

Cower: to shrink away for shelter from something that menaces, domineers, or dismays.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Man. I think we can all congratulate the Oilers for winning the "we scared someone lol" trophy. Last thing they'll win in the next decade.

Reactions: Excitable Boy

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Lucic is like a brother to me but I hate his current form, can't do anything with guys like Drai and McD feeding him every night. Glad he did something for his team here. Let's not kid ourselves, Joseph shouldn't be in the NHL with those antics. Lucic did good here.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil and Mez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad