Lucic will have likely have hearing for hit on Joseph (upd: fined $10,000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I didnt say McDavid would jump Ronaldo? The fact is it wasnt about the penalty its intent. Normal in game interference sure fine intention to injure in retaliation away from the puck then continuing the attack... different.
No you didn't say that McDavid would jump Rinaldo, but this was clearly a "stop boarding my teammates" type move. Your scenario only works if McDavid got run over by Rinaldo as a retaliation to a dirty play on a teammate. That's what this was. It wasn't intent to injure, it was sending a message to this guy that if he hits an Oiler and its dirty, he's going to get run over for it. If Lucic wanted to hurt Joseph, he would have. The hit was illegal. The roughing was illegal. He got penalized for both, as he should have.

Wouldn't surprise me if Looch's teammates pool in and help pay off the fine.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I hope toughness translates to good golf in May.

Washington did pretty well with toughness on their side. Come the postseason where the game is called differently and it is more of a mans game your teams lack of toughness will once again sink them so enjoy being cocky about being the McLellan led San Jose Sharks.

That's fine. If that's what he's doing, then I am all for it.

But it certainly isn't up to Lucic to enforce the rules. And for those of you who think it is - I think that solution severely lacks common sense.

Joseph will have some common sense fed to him if he keeps it up.

That's not how this works. There are many factors which go into reviewing a play like this and so almost no two situations are identical. What may be suspendable in one instance may not be in another despite the fact that they seem very similar.

Also, players shouldn't need to be told not to hit a player in the numbers like Joseph did on Russell. If the consequence of a dangerous hit is that a player may then take liberties with you and not be suspended, so be it.

That said the league definitely needs to pay attention to these situations when assessing how the refs handled the game. Refs should not let it get to the point where players feel the need to seek retribution.

Exactly. Had Lucic done this with no justification it likely results in a suspension. IMO the refs should've gotten more **** than Lucic did for not doing their jobs. You don't allow those kinds of plays to go without penalties and if they happen multiple times like it or not there is a code among the players and if you don't answer the bell then expect something bad to happen.

Gotta say I agree with you. People want to say let the refs and league handle it but I watched some of this game and Joseph clearly had something coming. The refs did nothing to make a call or take control of the situation so Lucic went after him a bit.

I think this is pretty dumb that it has a hearing though, next time Lucic should just skate over, drop the gloves and start punching him. He'll get the instigator but likely nothing from the league

If he got suspended from this then next time he should tell him "man up because here comes the pain *****" and then drop 'em and waste him and get his suspensions worth. Hopefully Joseph got the message and squares up with Kassian or Khaira and gets this behind him. Because if it's Lucic or Nurse dropping the gloves with him he's in serious trouble.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
This just in: The NHL has handed down the maximum punishment to Milan Lucic for roughing Tampa Bay's Mathieu Joseph.........Lucic will have to remain playing for the Edmonton Oilers.

The players obviously feel safer having him on the team so at least he adds something to the team even though his point totals are in the crapper.

Reactions: JerseyMike34

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
No you didn't say that McDavid would jump Rinaldo, but this was clearly a "stop boarding my teammates" type move. Your scenario only works if McDavid got run over by Rinaldo as a retaliation to a dirty play on a teammate. That's what this was. It wasn't intent to injure, it was sending a message to this guy that if he hits an Oiler and its dirty, he's going to get run over for it. If Lucic wanted to hurt Joseph, he would have. The hit was illegal. The roughing was illegal. He got penalized for both, as he should have.

Wouldn't surprise me if Looch's teammates pool in and help pay off the fine.
With what hes making for what he does I bet they were hoping for the suspension. Again as i said in another post im fine with the hit and after stuff just wait until he had the puck or it was kinda close. And I defend the Bertuzzi hit because that was a freak accident when people over analyze it. He actually tried to protect the guy after he fell. But lucic could have f***ed up here on accident. Didnt happen but if you are going to complain about head shots and blind sides this is what you punish.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
This just in: The NHL has handed down the maximum punishment to Milan Lucic for roughing Tampa Bay's Mathieu Joseph.........Lucic will have to remain playing for the Edmonton Oilers.
Congrats for being the 29th person to make this joke. :thumbu:

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
With what hes making for what he does I bet they were hoping for the suspension. Again as i said in another post im fine with the hit and after stuff just wait until he had the puck or it was kinda close. And I defend the Bertuzzi hit because that was a freak accident when people over analyze it. He actually tried to protect the guy after he fell. But lucic could have ****ed up here on accident. Didnt happen but if you are going to complain about head shots and blind sides this is what you punish.
Except it wasn't a head shot or blind side. He waited until the kid turned. If it was comparable to the Bertuzzi incident, he would have blasted him earlier.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Washington did pretty well with toughness on their side. Come the postseason where the game is called differently and it is more of a mans game your teams lack of toughness will once again sink them so enjoy being cocky about being the McLellan led San Jose Sharks.

Joseph will have some common sense fed to him if he keeps it up.

Exactly. Had Lucic done this with no justification it likely results in a suspension. IMO the refs should've gotten more **** than Lucic did for not doing their jobs. You don't allow those kinds of plays to go without penalties and if they happen multiple times like it or not there is a code among the players and if you don't answer the bell then expect something bad to happen.

If he got suspended from this then next time he should tell him "man up because here comes the pain *****" and then drop 'em and waste him and get his suspensions worth. Hopefully Joseph got the message and squares up with Kassian or Khaira and gets this behind him. Because if it's Lucic or Nurse dropping the gloves with him he's in serious trouble.

I guess you missed the years where the pens and and hawks won, I know it doesn't fit your narrative about "toughness" and as an Oilers fan you just want to relate to a winning team and all but hey the Mclellan less sharks are still miles better than the Mclellan lead oilers.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Uh huh, just like Tom Wilson and Matt Cooke, eh?

Don't cry to me when your stars get injured because he wants to be a chicken**** then. If we play you guys late in the year (no idea as I haven't checked the schedule) and we're making golf reservations paybacks are a *****.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
I guess you missed the years where the pens and and hawks won, I know it doesn't fit your narrative about "toughness" and as an Oilers fan you just want to relate to a winning team and all but hey the Mclellan less sharks are still miles better than the Mclellan lead oilers.
You guys can stop anytime...its kinda embarrassing.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Don't cry to me when your stars get injured because he wants to be a chicken**** then. If we play you guys late in the year (no idea as I haven't checked the schedule) and we're making golf reservations paybacks are a *****.

December 22nd seems a bit early for golf.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

I was calling out your teams lack of toughness last season on our board as to why they wouldn't win the cup last season long before Joseph decided to be a POS. If they prove me wrong feel free to bump this post. IMO you have the makings of a great team but could use more grit and toughness to take you over the top.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Like I said I wasn't sure when we'd play them again. If we are making golf plans by then we'd have far bigger fish to fry than Joseph and the Lightning.
I honestly wouldn't mind if Joseph pulls a Manning and decides to chirp in December and extend the fued. It could represent another rallying point for the Oilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad