Confirmed with Link: Lucic Fined $5000

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I dont care that he did it and there was no injury. It's playoff hockey. If he injured the guy, then it's bad.
Make him keep his head up and generate some hate.

I found it hilarious to look at the suspend lucic poll on our board, to click on the results. The number of Habs fans and Bruins haters voting yes was "delicious". Go Bruins! Be big and bad, and beat these Euro-style hockey players.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Dirty play.

And it would be impossible for me to care any less either. Dirty plays are a part of the game. And I don't think it's a fan's place to feign outrage when we aren't the ones on the ice. If it's commonplace in the league, and it is, then so be it.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

I just know that if someone did that to a Bruin, I'd be calling that guy a dirty *****. I won't be a hypocrite and say that it means nothing to me that it was our guy inflicting the pain instead.

Lucic is a dirty ***** for doing that. And it makes me lose respect for him. I hope he doesn't do it anymore - he certainly doesn't NEED to resort to crap like that in order to enforce his presence.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I dont care that he did it and there was no injury. It's playoff hockey. If he injured the guy, then it's bad.
Make him keep his head up and generate some hate.

I found it hilarious to look at the suspend lucic poll on our board, to click on the results. The number of Habs fans and Bruins haters voting yes was "delicious". Go Bruins! Be big and bad, and beat these Euro-style hockey players.

I love the way Looch plays. He did commit a foul and paid for it. Time to get over it. No one cares if Hab fans whine. They have reason to. Since they had to quit cheating on the draft years ago they have done nothing. Bruins play the game the way it should be played. Been a Bruin fan for over 50 years and the way this team plays they are a throw back to the Big Bad Bruins.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
And got nothing but a penalty. No fine, no suspension.

Corey Perry with a similar play and gets nothing.

I would prefer Looch stay away from this type of stuff, but he's better (like Marchand) when he plays on the edge, and if it makes DeKeyser turn the puck over in a key moment in Game 7 when Looch is coming for him...then I guessed it served it's purpose.

I think it's less a/b that, and more a/b he was most likely trying to get Dekeyser to answer for something. Maybe like that crosscheck to the back of Marchand's head today in that pile up. What should the NHL focus on? Nut checks? Or what is really hurting players, like maybe head shots.

Some want a neutered PC Lucic watching his centerman get roughed up all series to the point of complete ineffectiveness? Yeah, well, you enjoy that. But, no thanks. It took them six periods and one nut check to figure out Krejci is getting roughed up and interfered w/ all over the ice. But lets discuss nut checks!!

Read Colt's post. Read it twice. This happens ALL the time. On the night of Lucic's horrible outrage, two other players committed the same act. It's an epidemic! So, in closing... FU to all the Dmen, opposing centers, and yes, even goalies who've nut checked me. (Street hockey, Colt? Really? Man you were a dirty mfer!)

Mr. Make-Believe

I think it's less a/b that, and more a/b he was most likely trying to get Dekeyser to answer for something. Maybe like that crosscheck to the back of Marchand's head today in that pile up. What should the NHL focus on? Nut checks? Or what is really hurting players, like maybe head shots.

Some want a neutered PC Lucic watching his centerman get roughed up all series to the point of complete ineffectiveness? Yeah, well, you enjoy that. But, no thanks. It took them six periods and one nut check to figure out Krejci is getting roughed up and interfered w/ all over the ice. But lets discuss nut checks!!

Read Colt's post. Read it twice. This happens ALL the time. On the night of Lucic's horrible outrage, two other players committed the same act. It's an epidemic! So, in closing... FU to all the Dmen, opposing centers, and yes, even goalies who've nut checked me. (Street hockey, Colt? Really? Man you were a dirty mfer!)

You can chop the guy in the nuts with your stick... Or you can drop 'em face to face like a ****in' man. Or you can paste 'em to the boards on a forecheck. Or you can wreck 'em 4-1 on the scoresheet. And so on and so forth.

Do I care what other people are doing around the league?? **** NO. Those *******s are *******s for a reason. Is it awful that I hold my team to a higher standard than the BS the swirls around the bowl on other clubs?

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Habs and Nucks fans are so personally offended by this guy it's absolutely precious.

The main thing they are offended by is they have no answer for him. Both fan bases had pictures of either Sestito or McCarron pinned up in their spank bank within minutes of acquiring them, their very own "Lucic Lites" to *ahem* get excited about. Jealousy makes for some pretty hilarious situational ethics.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
You can chop the guy in the nuts with your stick... Or you can drop 'em face to face like a ****in' man. Or you can paste 'em to the boards on a forecheck. Or you can wreck 'em 4-1 on the scoresheet. And so on and so forth.

Do I care what other people are doing around the league?? **** NO. Those *******s are *******s for a reason. Is it awful that I hold my team to a higher standard than the BS the swirls around the bowl on other clubs?

I don't consider Corey Perry to be a cheap player. In the heat of the game, sh** happens. If Looch wanted to really hurt players, much like Chara, he could do it pretty easily.

People need to chill.

acr*

Frankly, yes. The Bruins are not unique snowflakes. They are human. They want to win hockey games. When they lose/are losing, they can make mistakes and let emotion get the best of them. Whenever fans try hold the players to a standard that they no doubt could not live up to themselves (perfect decision making at times), it is just ridiculous. Lucic made a mistake, f'd up, and got disciplined for it. Leave it at that and just hope it doesn't happen again. Save the indignation for something that is reasonable to be angry about. You have no control over this one way or the other. Let it be.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

I just know that if someone did that to a Bruin, I'd be calling that guy a dirty *****. I won't be a hypocrite and say that it means nothing to me that it was our guy inflicting the pain instead.

Lucic is a dirty ***** for doing that. And it makes me lose respect for him. I hope he doesn't do it anymore - he certainly doesn't NEED to resort to crap like that in order to enforce his presence.

Excellent.

Agree 100%.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
No, it's the one-trick pony shtick. I get it, you are a contrarian kind of guy who likes to be the "voice of reason" amongst us unenlightened Neanderthals. Cool, but don't get all defensive when people call your posts repetitive and annoying.

I don't recall getting defensive about this.

I will seriously consider being more diverse in my posts, but certainly no less annoying.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

So, who are the two players and why haven't they been fined yet for committing the same act?

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
So, who are the two players and why haven't they been fined yet for committing the same act?

Why beat a dead horse? It happened. He paid a $5000 fine. What do you want Looch to do now quit playing and join a convent? Not the first person go get hit in the gonads and won't be the last. It's hockey not ballet.

Mr. Make-Believe

Frankly, yes. The Bruins are not unique snowflakes. They are human. They want to win hockey games. When they lose/are losing, they can make mistakes and let emotion get the best of them. Whenever fans try hold the players to a standard that they no doubt could not live up to themselves (perfect decision making at times), it is just ridiculous. Lucic made a mistake, f'd up, and got disciplined for it. Leave it at that and just hope it doesn't happen again. Save the indignation for something that is reasonable to be angry about. You have no control over this one way or the other. Let it be.

What does being human have anything to do with going after a guy's nads with your hockey stick? Lucic didn't color outside of the lines, or accidentally spill his iced tea on the brand new carpet...

I think this justification like "well everyone else is doing it" is such a load of BS. Like people just forgot what a frenzy this place was when Burrows chomped down on a couple of fingers in 2011. Like "everyone else doing it" somehow makes it more honorable.

You're right. I hope it doesn't happen again. I hope Lucic doesn't embarrass me as a Bruins fan again. Yes it's unfair that HIS incident is the one under the microscope. But that's what happens when you're #1.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
What does being human have anything to do with going after a guy's nads with your hockey stick? Lucic didn't color outside of the lines, or accidentally spill his iced tea on the brand new carpet...

I think this justification like "well everyone else is doing it" is such a load of BS. Like people just forgot what a frenzy this place was when Burrows chomped down on a couple of fingers in 2011. Like "everyone else doing it" somehow makes it more honorable.

You're right. I hope it doesn't happen again. I hope Lucic doesn't embarrass me as a Bruins fan again. Yes it's unfair that HIS incident is the one under the microscope. But that's what happens when you're #1.

I would be more embarrassed by Lucic if he was a diving cheating sack of poo like some other players I know. Guy made a mistake, got fined, and the incident is over as far as I'm concerned.

Datsyuk slew-footed Marchand today. Haven't seen any outrage about this?

Mr. Make-Believe

I would be more embarrassed by Lucic if he was a diving cheating sack of poo like some other players I know. Guy made a mistake, got fined, and the incident is over as far as I'm concerned.

Datsyuk slew-footed Marchand today. Haven't seen any outrage about this?

So now we are judging shades of severity when it comes to sticking someone in the nads?

Really? :laugh:

If you see all these incidents as being equal, then we're just going to have to agree to disagree dude.

I don't like the notorious floppers and divers any more than you do... And this hasn't killed my love Lucic whatsoever. But if he continues to do it, I will cease to cheer for him. I really hope that doesn't happen. Lucic doesn't need to resort to such garbage to intimidate the opposition.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
If you see all these incidents as being equal, then we're just going to have to agree to disagree dude.

I don't like the notorious floppers and divers any more than you do... And this hasn't killed my love Lucic whatsoever. But if he continues to do it, I will cease to cheer for him. I really hope that doesn't happen. Lucic doesn't need to resort to such garbage to intimidate the opposition.

I see two different incidents with the end result being the same. One could even argue that Perry's "spear" had even more intent than Looch's.

I agree with you that it was a cheap play and I don't want Lucic doing that stuff regularly, but I also have way less of a problem with that play then I do with others like diving and hits to the head. I stick to the boys is going to hurt, but it's not going to end a career.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston

I see, you're suggesting Lucic isn't a man, and everyone else on the ice is accountable for what they do, right? I'm suggesting Lucic expected Dekeyser to answer for something HE did. And, refused to do as you say, drop the gloves like a man. Sort of like Franzen on Boychuk today, which in reality is a much more dangerous than a nut check. Like Orpik, Franzen also has a no fight policy. He's also the cleanest player ever. I've watched Lucic enough to know he doesn't do something like that w/o provocation. I don't particularly like that he did it, but understand he was sending a message... "Keep doing what you're doing, and I'll hurt you...so cut the ****".

Do you think Dekeyser was going to drop them w/ Lucic? Uh, nope. He'd of been left standing there as the only guy who dropped his gloves. Should Looch have just punched him in the head instead of the nut check? I suppose, it would have eliminated this thread. But would it be any less "dirty"? Further, people would be reading the riot act b/c Lucic did something so blatant and selfish, costing the team a probable major.

Lucic has been nailing them on the forecheck. But, there isn't a whole lot he can do when Krejci is getting a rough ride, the refs aren't calling it (Krejci was absolutely tackled in front of the net in game 1, head drilled into the ice, puck no where near him, no call). There could be an entire thread on this, and that line being shut down for the most part, but no. I also find it astonishing that not a single official on the ice noticed what Lucic did there. I'm pretty sure they did, and assume they must have known why he did it. Krejci has been screaming at the refs at almost every opportunity after whistles. They finally called something nearly six periods into this series.

As far as the higher standard. I'm sorry, but where was your outrage after this play?

That's Lucic pretty much insuring Neil drops the gloves. Why? He went high on his centerman. Why would Lucic do that? And in an exhibition game? He wanted Neil to answer for what he did, thus be accountable. Moreover, to know he sure as hell better not do it again. Ironic, b/c later that year Savard lost his entire career, and we lost our best center, and not on a nut check. But, on a deliberate headshot. Why I find this all a little ridiculous. Savard, Bergeron, Horton, Eriksson, all top 6 players all victimized by stuff that really does hurt people. Lucic whacks a guy in the sack and.....LOOK OUT!! That's the straw that broke the camel's back? Well, according to habs fans.

If Lucic wanted to hurt people, all he'd have to do is finish his check on players who deliberately turn into the boards when they hear his footsteps. Happens every game. But, Lucic pulls up. I don't expect anyone to give the kid credit at this point. He crossed the line between tough and dirty, got called on it, and was fined. Not sure what people want here. A trade? There would be no shortage of GM's listening.

Somewhere Ken Linesman is laughing his BALLS off.

Mr. Make-Believe

I see two different incidents with the end result being the same. One could even argue that Perry's "spear" had even more intent than Looch's.

I agree with you that it was a cheap play and I don't want Lucic doing that stuff regularly, but I also have way less of a problem with that play then I do with others like diving and hits to the head. I stick to the boys is going to hurt, but it's not going to end a career.

I see, you're suggesting Lucic isn't a man, and everyone else on the ice is accountable for what they do, right? I'm suggesting Lucic expected Dekeyser to answer for something HE did. And, refused to do as you say, drop the gloves like a man. Sort of like Franzen on Boychuk today, which in reality is a much more dangerous than a nut check. Like Orpik, Franzen also has a no fight policy. He's also the cleanest player ever. I've watched Lucic enough to know he doesn't do something like that w/o provocation. I don't particularly like that he did it, but understand he was sending a message... "Keep doing what you're doing, and I'll hurt you...so cut the ****".

Do you think Dekeyser was going to drop them w/ Lucic? Uh, nope. He'd of been left standing there as the only guy who dropped his gloves. Should Looch have just punched him in the head instead of the nut check? I suppose, it would have eliminated this thread. But would it be any less "dirty"? Further, people would be reading the riot act b/c Lucic did something so blatant and selfish, costing the team a probable major.

Lucic has been nailing them on the forecheck. But, there isn't a whole lot he can do when Krejci is getting a rough ride, the refs aren't calling it (Krejci was absolutely tackled in front of the net in game 1, head drilled into the ice, puck no where near him, no call). There could be an entire thread on this, and that line being shut down for the most part, but no. I also find it astonishing that not a single official on the ice noticed what Lucic did there. I'm pretty sure they did, and assume they must have known why he did it. Krejci has been screaming at the refs at almost every opportunity after whistles. They finally called something nearly six periods into this series.

As far as the higher standard. I'm sorry, but where was your outrage after this play?

That's Lucic pretty much insuring Neil drops the gloves. Why? He went high on his centerman. Why would Lucic do that? And in an exhibition game? He wanted Neil to answer for what he did, thus be accountable. Moreover, to know he sure as hell better not do it again. Ironic, b/c later that year Savard lost his entire career, and we lost our best center, and not on a nut check. But, on a deliberate headshot. Why I find this all a little ridiculous. Savard, Bergeron, Horton, Eriksson, all top 6 players all victimized by stuff that really does hurt people. Lucic whacks a guy in the sack and.....LOOK OUT!! That's the straw that broke the camel's back? Well, according to habs fans.

If Lucic wanted to hurt people, all he'd have to do is finish his check on players who deliberately turn into the boards when they hear his footsteps. Happens every game. But, Lucic pulls up. I don't expect anyone to give the kid credit at this point. He crossed the line between tough and dirty, got called on it, and was fined. Not sure what people want here. A trade? There would be no shortage of GM's listening.

Somewhere Ken Linesman is laughing his BALLS off.

I have to believe that we're arguing different points here, because I don't understand where people are coming from...

As far as this incident is concerned, I think it's ****in' embarrassing. That has nothing to do with Habs fans, diving, hits to the head, or Marc Savard's career (or Neil deGrasse Tyson or butter chicken). I don't think it sends a message. I don't think it's something you can cheer on or justify. And I don't think it's the worst thing that's ever happened to hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad