Confirmed with Link: Lucic Fined $5000

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
Gutless, cowardly act. Should be suspended.

And incredible level of hypocrisy from posters here.

What is so hypocritical about acknowledging it was dirty yet not buying into the "it's the most detestable thing I have ever witnessed" line of thinking. It was dirty no question about it and it wasn't the first time it has happened in hockey nor is it the last. Why suspend a player for something that has no precedence for suspension? Honestly I don't see many fans supporting or condoning the actions of Lucic.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Lucic just needs to cut the crap and quit the fancy stuff.

Just skate, hit, crash the net, and park your ass in front of Howard. Get your booty directly at his eye level and twerk.

How many times must we scream for them to just crash the damn net

Also please more Krug and Chara point bombs and wristers

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
OK.

Guess I didn't know all Bruins fans, by definition, were above criticism. Or is it just the smarm that bothers you?

No, it's the one-trick pony shtick. I get it, you are a contrarian kind of guy who likes to be the "voice of reason" amongst us unenlightened Neanderthals. Cool, but don't get all defensive when people call your posts repetitive and annoying.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
For all the holier-than-thou Wings fans:

Also a fine.

I'm sure all the Nucks, Wings and Habs fans were equally outraged when this happened and Legwand has since been called equal to Cooke etc.

MillerTime 86

So Long Tyler SeQuin
May 11, 2007
On a Rock
No nuts were injured on the play. Had there been a rupture, a suspension would have been warranted.

I'm ok with the $5,000.00 fine.

And this whole thing stirs up the **** a little. If we can get them off their game at all with this, then it was $5K well spent. Other team's players running around trying to come after the Bruins plays into our hands 100% of the time.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
If Lucic gets fined $5,000 and he makes $6,000,000 a year. It would feel like a man getting fined ~ $40 bucks if he makes $50,000 a year.

Probably the equivalent to the average Joe getting a parking ticket.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
If Lucic gets fined $5,000 and he makes $6,000,000 a year. It would feel like a man getting fined ~ $40 bucks if he makes $50,000 a year.

Nope parking tickets are too expensive.

Probably more like buying an expensive cup of coffee at Starbucks.

Pretty sure this doesn't hurt Looch's pocketbook-shoot $5,000 was the buy out to avoid getting your hair cut by a fan.

The CBA is a bit of a joke when it comes to fines.

Julien probably said more meaningful things about this than the NHL disciplinary system and their 5K fine.

Bad Hat Harry

Michael Scarn
Sep 27, 2010
Boston, MA

Lucic makes $5,000 in about 4 minutes of on-ice time.

Fining him the equivalent of 4 minutes of work is the same as fining someone who makes $50,000 a year $1.60.

The NHL really stuck it to him!

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
The fines are set by the CBA so even if the league wanted to fine him much higher they couldn't.

And while I think it's cheap I don't think you suspend him for this.

Unless every guy who spears somebody is going to get suspended.

This was the 4th spear of the playoffs but the only one to even get acknowledged by the league for other discipline.

A suspension would have been over the too with no discipline for anyone else.

Also, when people are saying Seabrook should only get a game (and some people saying zero) where a player was injured and is probably out the rest of this round at least a game for a tap to the jewels with no injury is overkill.

Kirk- NEHJ

Aug 22, 2002
CAV Country!
www.hockeyjournal.com
Gutless, cowardly act. Should be suspended.

And incredible level of hypocrisy from posters here.

Is it so difficult to simply respect that others may not have the same views?

I happen to not agree with you about the suspension- How about this- stop painting people with such a broad, obtuse brush. If you want to believe that Lucic should have been suspended, fine. I don't happen to agree with that course of action even if I am disappointed that he did it, and I don't appreciate your comments about hypocrisy, either.

http://www.tsn.ca/story/print/?id=146962
Sometimes, even the most standup guys do things that are unacceptable and get punished for them even if we don't believe the punishment fits the crime. Just saying..."Dennis Bonvie" If Lucic continues down this road, then he'll be held accountable by the NHL with more than a $5k fine but I think there are other more pressing matters to attend to, personally.

What about Bruins fans focus on important things like- getting pucks to the net? Heck- I'll settle for some goal scoring. I cannot believe how much time and energy certain folks are spending on Lucic, but it's your right to do that if you want.

Oh, and Happy Easter.

Last edited:

Killer B

Honey Badger don't care
Aug 28, 2008
Wisconsin
Very disappointed by that play.

One of Lucic's greatest attributes, is his hard nosed, in your face approach to the game.
He now has 2, from behind cheap shots in a month...

I expect better from Looch.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

I happen to not agree with you about the suspension- How about this- stop painting people with such a broad, obtuse brush. If you want to believe that Lucic should have been suspended, fine. I don't happen to agree with that course of action even if I am disappointed that he did it, and I don't appreciate your comments about hypocrisy, either.

What about Bruins fans focus on important things like- getting pucks to the net? Heck- I'll settle for some goal scoring. I cannot believe how much time and energy certain folks are spending on Lucic, but it's your right to do that if you want.

Oh, and Happy Easter.

Happy Easter to you Kirk ! Oh and excellent post...as usual ;)

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

http://www.tsn.ca/story/print/?id=146962
Sometimes, even the most standup guys do things that are unacceptable and get punished for them even if we don't believe the punishment fits the crime. Just saying..."Dennis Bonvie" If Lucic continues down this road, then he'll be held accountable by the NHL with more than a $5k fine but I think there are other more pressing matters to attend to, personally.

Oh, and Happy Easter.

Thanks, I appreciate it. And have a fine Holy Day yourself.

Seriously, if DeKeyser spears Lucic in the nuts from behind, the majority of posters here would not do a complete 180 on this? Christ, show a little objectivity.

As for more pressing issues, how about winning a few one on one battles, come off the boards with possession. Wings dominated the board play in game one. When Chara came out of the box after the PK, he and Mes had Datsuyk double teamed on the boards and Pavel comes out clean with puck. That has to change in order to get puck near the net.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Thanks, I appreciate it. And have a fine Holy Day yourself.

Seriously, if DeKeyser spears Lucic in the nuts from behind, the majority of posters here would not do a complete 180 on this? Christ, show a little objectivity.

As for more pressing issues, how about winning a few one on one battles, come off the boards with possession. Wings dominated the board play in game one. When Chara came out of the box after the PK, he and Mes had Datsuyk double teamed on the boards and Pavel comes out clean with puck. That has to change in order to get puck near the net.

I dont think people around here would be calling for dekeyser to be suspended-maybe that he be tough enough to do face up for it (which i dont think anyone believes lucic would hesitate to do).

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

No, I would not. Since I actually played the game and know how common it is, I'd say it's cheap, it's dangerous, and it happens all the freaking time. Is it right? No. But a lot of things in playoff hockey are not "right".

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Id like to think if this were the other way around I would just be pissed there was no penalty. Until it happens though I really can't say

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad