Confirmed with Link: Lucic Fined $5000

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Of course it is. C'mon. Play the game the right way and honest way. That was cheesy. Bruins aren't dirty but this is not the first time. Deserved it!!

In 2011, during a face off, Marchand and Sedin were to the linesman's back and Marchy was banging his danglies like Quasimodo in the bell tower. Happens all the time, the camera just caught Looch at a bad time.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
In 2011, during a face off, Marchand and Sedin were to the linesman's back and Marchy was banging his danglies like Quasimodo in the bell tower. Happens all the time, the camera just caught Looch at a bad time.

It doesn't make it right.
That's a bull **** argument no matter what the subject.

People are murdered every day. Hundreds.

See what I did there?

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
It doesn't make it right.
That's a bull **** argument no matter what the subject.

People are murdered every day. Hundreds.

See what I did there?

I didn't say it made it right. I said it happens all the time. Personally, I'd rather this than diving.

TooMuchMan

Sep 29, 2010
Deep Space Nine
This happens all the time... and many (many) of the people calling for Lucic's head root for teams and players equally complicit.

That said, it's disgusting and unnecessary and dangerous. I would have been fine with a game (or two)... even though the fan in me is glad he got the slap-on-the wrist fine....

The league needs to start getting serious about prosecuting the act, not the result. If (god forbid) Emilin or Dekeyser ruptured a testicle, he'd be sitting for the series.

There's so many incidents of checking from behind, boarding and intent-to-injure/reckless play that don't get called it's beyond silly. It takes a truly egregious offense (or a lesser one that results in an injury) to get the League's wheel o' justice spinning.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Low move but he isn't the first guy or the last guy.

Seem to remember somebody I the regular season doing this to Bergy and Bergy went nuts on him (can't remember who or what team but seems Bergy got a penalty). The player didn't get fined.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Low move but he isn't the first guy or the last guy.

Seem to remember somebody I the regular season doing this to Bergy and Bergy went nuts on him (can't remember who or what team but seems Bergy got a penalty). The player didn't get fined.

Guys were doing this to opponents in the 80's during warm-ups let alone once the play started......was part of the gig

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Honestly, I don't really care all that much. Surprised at how worked up some people have gotten. I'd be mad if it ended up as a major penalty that changed the outcome of the game. It was cheap and dirty, but I say boo hoo, this is the playoffs. Do something about it or get over it. I'm all for Lucic pushing that line as long as he doesn't hurt his own team with penalties or suspension. This is generally more Marchand territory though. I prefer him using his body to strike fear into defenseman, not his stick.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Guys were doing this to opponents in the 80's during warm-ups let alone once the play started......was part of the gig

But hfboards tells me that back in the 80's everyone respected each other and it's only nowadays that there is "no respect" among players. ;)

Gordon Lightfoot

Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Honestly, I don't really care all that much. Surprised at how worked up some people have gotten. I'd be mad if it ended up as a major penalty that changed the outcome of the game. It was cheap and dirty, but I say boo hoo, this is the playoffs. Do something about it or get over it. I'm all for Lucic pushing that line as long as he doesn't hurt his own team with penalties or suspension. This is generally more Marchand territory though. I prefer him using his body to strike fear into defenseman, not his stick.

I don't know. Even as an unabashed Lucic lover that was too much. That was not a tap but a pretty hard two-handed hit from behind. But regardless, it's over now and not the end of the world.

Related: does anyone know why he did it? Was it retaliation for something specific or was he just pissed in general?

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Just for kicks I thought I'd check out the post about this incident on the main boards. Haven't gotten past page 2 yet.
Page 1 has someone saying he should get 6 games.
Page 2 has someone saying the only difference between this and the Bertuzzi incident is the consequences.

dg718g.jpg

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I get it. It's a cheap shot.

It also happens all the time. Three times already in this playoff season already. Lucic, Dubinsky, and Perry.

Why the league decides they don't need to call Perry or Dubinksy? That, I don't have a clue

If all three got a call, I'd be ok. Since they didn't, I could give two craps.

Gordon Lightfoot

Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
My sincerest apologies. I try to ignore trolling posts but I got sucked in. Sorry mods.

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
Just for kicks I thought I'd check out the post about this incident on the main boards. Haven't gotten past page 2 yet.
Page 1 has someone saying he should get 6 games.
Page 2 has someone saying the only difference between this and the Bertuzzi incident is the consequences.

dg718g.jpg

Yes that place was strong with the Bruins hate. The Lucic thread became heaven for Nucks, Habs, and Pens fans. There was zero discussion, just bashing of Lucic, the Bruins organization, and Boston fans. So in regards to many who post on the mainboard here's my take:

StupidPeople.gif

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
This is the 4th spear of the playoffs Lucic was the only one to get any attention.

did you really go like : ''okay this is the first spear, okay that's the second spear .... "" ?

he was lucky to get away with it when he did it to emelin, and the only reason it got pplz attention is because he did it a couple of times in a short amount of time.... he even said it himself no ?

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Alright guys, I get it, everyone hates everything. Can we please stop moaning and groaning about moderation on certain boards/threads? For the record, it's worthy of infractions under mod abuse. I'm tired of deleting and warning and infracting and all that happy stuff.

Moral of the story: If you have issues with moderators then ask them (politely, of course) via pm for clarification on something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad