Confirmed with Link: Lucic Fined $5000

Bone for your jar

Feb 2, 2011
Boston, Mass.
I see, you're suggesting Lucic isn't a man, and everyone else on the ice is accountable for what they do, right? I'm suggesting Lucic expected Dekeyser to answer for something HE did. And, refused to do as you say, drop the gloves like a man. Sort of like Franzen on Boychuk today, which in reality is a much more dangerous than a nut check. Like Orpik, Franzen also has a no fight policy. He's also the cleanest player ever. I've watched Lucic enough to know he doesn't do something like that w/o provocation. I don't particularly like that he did it, but understand he was sending a message... "Keep doing what you're doing, and I'll hurt you...so cut the ****".

Do you think Dekeyser was going to drop them w/ Lucic? Uh, nope. He'd of been left standing there as the only guy who dropped his gloves. Should Looch have just punched him in the head instead of the nut check? I suppose, it would have eliminated this thread. But would it be any less "dirty"? Further, people would be reading the riot act b/c Lucic did something so blatant and selfish, costing the team a probable major.

Lucic has been nailing them on the forecheck. But, there isn't a whole lot he can do when Krejci is getting a rough ride, the refs aren't calling it (Krejci was absolutely tackled in front of the net in game 1, head drilled into the ice, puck no where near him, no call). There could be an entire thread on this, and that line being shut down for the most part, but no. I also find it astonishing that not a single official on the ice noticed what Lucic did there. I'm pretty sure they did, and assume they must have known why he did it. Krejci has been screaming at the refs at almost every opportunity after whistles. They finally called something nearly six periods into this series.

As far as the higher standard. I'm sorry, but where was your outrage after this play?

That's Lucic pretty much insuring Neil drops the gloves. Why? He went high on his centerman. Why would Lucic do that? And in an exhibition game? He wanted Neil to answer for what he did, thus be accountable. Moreover, to know he sure as hell better not do it again. Ironic, b/c later that year Savard lost his entire career, and we lost our best center, and not on a nut check. But, on a deliberate headshot. Why I find this all a little ridiculous. Savard, Bergeron, Horton, Eriksson, all top 6 players all victimized by stuff that really does hurt people. Lucic whacks a guy in the sack and.....LOOK OUT!! That's the straw that broke the camel's back? Well, according to habs fans.

If Lucic wanted to hurt people, all he'd have to do is finish his check on players who deliberately turn into the boards when they hear his footsteps. Happens every game. But, Lucic pulls up. I don't expect anyone to give the kid credit at this point. He crossed the line between tough and dirty, got called on it, and was fined. Not sure what people want here. A trade? There would be no shortage of GM's listening.

Somewhere Ken Linesman is laughing his BALLS off.

Look, some of us are disappointed and somewhat pissed at Looch, ok? We don't think it's the worst thing that a player can do to another, we're not deluded into thinking that there was no provocation leading up to it, and most likely, assuming El Looch doesn't continue doing that sort of thing on the regular, we'll continue cheering him on and enjoying his unique style of play. I think I'm safe in assuming that nobody here thinks this is Matt Cooke territory. This is, at most, getting into Burrows territory, and we're calling it out as such. You seem more outraged about this than the people who are supposedly outraged by Lucic.

The fact that we hold the players to certain standards is in fact a compliment to the team. We haven't invented the standards. The Bs themselves, explicitly and implicitly, take pride in playing the game "the right way" (though Marchand gets certain free passes due to his specialized role). We as a fanbase trumpet this line, especially in contrast to certain other franchises (the usual suspects).

He wears the spoked B, and we love him (as a fan can love an athlete), but that doesn't mean we need to condone his every deed. You're right, what Looch did is not such a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but neither is our criticism of it.

Btw loved his game today!!!

PS: you make very good points about the importance of protecting Krejci. However, not only are there better ways to do so (eg, hard hitting), but the nutcracker approach might well be counterproductive to that cause, and instead provoke retaliation.

Last edited:

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
I would be more embarrassed by Lucic if he was a diving cheating sack of poo like some other players I know. Guy made a mistake, got fined, and the incident is over as far as I'm concerned.

Datsyuk slew-footed Marchand today. Haven't seen any outrage about this?

This, so much this.

acr*

What does being human have anything to do with going after a guy's nads with your hockey stick? Lucic didn't color outside of the lines, or accidentally spill his iced tea on the brand new carpet...

I think this justification like "well everyone else is doing it" is such a load of BS. Like people just forgot what a frenzy this place was when Burrows chomped down on a couple of fingers in 2011. Like "everyone else doing it" somehow makes it more honorable.

You're right. I hope it doesn't happen again. I hope Lucic doesn't embarrass me as a Bruins fan again. Yes it's unfair that HIS incident is the one under the microscope. But that's what happens when you're #1.

They are human and will make mistakes, just like anyone else. Mistakes can be in the form of an overt act, not just accidents. I think it is more than "everyone else is doing it." To me, that seems to imply some sort of new change in conduct that everyone is just trending towards. There have always been heated, emotional plays in hockey that result in a cheap shot from time to time. Often, the players that are the most competitive and want to win the most are the most susceptible to lapses in judgement. Lucic paid for his spear and said that he won't be doing it again. I can take him at his word and let it be. If you feel personal embarrassment for an on ice incident by one member of the team, I think you are holding on too tight. It's not like management decided to bring back the Poo Bear jersey or something. ;)

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Has there even been a mention of Dstsyuk slew footing Marchy on the main board?

Of course if there was there would end up wing Bruins fans condemning it, some fans saying Dats didn't actually intend to slew foot him and 100 pages of posts about Marchand deserving it.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I like Looch a lot but this was a total bush league maneuver on his part.

If he was that pissed off he should have pummeled the guy. Instead he spears him in the balls. Disgusting.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Of course if there was there would end up wing Bruins fans condemning it, some fans saying Dats didn't actually intend to slew foot him and 100 pages of posts about Marchand deserving it.

we don`t mention stuff elite players do here TC....c`mon man, you know that:sarcasm:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I like Looch a lot but this was a total bush league maneuver on his part.

If he was that pissed off he should have pummeled the guy. Instead he spears him in the balls. Disgusting.

Bush league move and I`m sure he`s embarrassed by it now in hindsight, not like he`s the first to do something stupid in the heat of battle though

Made a mistake, paid his 5 grand....let`s move along

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

There is mention of it in the Datsyuk thread, and the replies have gone exactly as expected:

"Not a slewfoot!" (followed by a video proving it)
Still denying slewfoot.
Some admitting it, but blaming Marchand's nose.
"Well, that's just playoff hockey!"
Etc. etc. etc.

Although guilty in the past, the more I stay out of the festering boil on the buttcheek of mankind that is the main board, the better. When the Habs fans start predicting "Breaking the Canadian Curse" after 3 wins in the first round against Tampa's backup goalie and porous D, you know that place is terminally insane.

Last edited:

ORRMAN

Dec 3, 2008
Bush league move and I`m sure he`s embarrassed by it now in hindsight, not like he`s the first to do something stupid in the heat of battle though

Made a mistake, paid his 5 grand....let`s move along

Agreed. He needs to be better than that.

Jonathan17

Trollface!
Nov 19, 2005
Oakville
I wish more people knew what a spear is instead of a firm separator. $5K is fine. If you can't make your own consequences, rely on league officials.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

But, but, Edzo said Marchand gave Datsyuk a "vicious crosscheck" for no reason!

That just killed me. Espcially when they showed Marchand on the bench getting his bleeding face attended to, and nobody mentioned it.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

That just killed me. Espcially when they showed Marchand on the bench getting his bleeding face attended to, and nobody mentioned it.

Yet we're the ones being brainwashed by the poisonous Jack Edwards.

:laugh:

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Edzo making delusional observations about the Bruins feels like a good omen to me. Last time I really remember him doing that was when he was trying to claim that Bergeron punched the puck into the net in game 7. Maybe his biased nonsense is good luck for us.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Edzo making delusional observations about the Bruins feels like a good omen to me. Last time I really remember him doing that was when he was trying to claim that Bergeron punched the puck into the net in game 7. Maybe his biased nonsense is good luck for us.

Edzo is a moron. Never have I seen a guy get more things completely wrong. He literally sees things that just aren't there. I'm not sure if it is bias, or he really is that stupid. Probably a little of both.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009

The other thing that killed me was just how BAD Marchand's crosscheck even was... as if that's not something that happens many times a game. You'd think some of these announcers had never seen a scrum by the net before.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
The other thing that killed me was just how BAD Marchand's crosscheck even was... as if that's not something that happens many times a game. You'd think some of these announcers had never seen a scrum by the net before.

There are some untouchables in the league today, and Datsyuk is at the top end of that list. To accuse Datsyuk of anything dirty is a sin, and accusing him of being dirty vs. Marchand is complete heresy. Nobody dares to tarnish the honor of those 4 Lady Byngs (as if any real hockey fan cares about that trophy anyway :laugh:).

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Is the main board still a bunch of Nucks, Habs and Pens giving each other handies? That's what it was last year. Haven't been back since...

Yup. Cooke puts Tyson Barrie out for the year. Seabrook puts Backes in the quiet room. And all the Habs/Nucks/Pens fans can yap about is Lucic tapping someone in the berries. :shakehead

Last edited:

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
Northeast
Yup. Cooke puts Tyson Barrie out for the year. Keith puts Backes in the quiet room. And all the Habs/Nucks/Pens fans can yap about is Lucic tapping someone in the berries. :shakehead

:laugh: So sad and so true.

Do not venture to the main boards unless you want to get all pissed off. Especially if you have a habit of responding to such. There be dragons.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I'm literally not allowed on the Stanley Cup Board because I was laughing at people who were clamoring for a 10 gamer and those who were calling it "premeditated assault"

I'm kinda glad.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I'm literally not allowed on the Stanley Cup Board because I was laughing at people who were clamoring for a 10 gamer and those who were calling it "premeditated assault"

I'm kinda glad.

I live in MTL and I here this stuff all the time from people at the bar. However the same fans who are whining that hockey is too rough and scary are the same fans lining up to watch UFC and Wrestling Saturday and Sunday. While they are screaming for blood on one screen they are crying that another is too violent. Boggles the mind lol.

Kaoz*

I'm kinda glad.

If they punished all the stupid on this site rather then those that make fun of stupid, there wouldn't be an HFboards.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If they punished all the stupid on this site rather then those that make fun of stupid, there wouldn't be an HFboards.

Beautifully put :laugh:

Hope Lucic runs Kronwall through the boards tonight, give him a taste of his own medicine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad