Confirmed with Link: Lucic Fined $5000

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I live in MTL and I here this stuff all the time from people at the bar. However the same fans who are whining that hockey is too rough and scary are the same fans lining up to watch UFC and Wrestling Saturday and Sunday. While they are screaming for blood on one screen they are crying that another is too violent. Boggles the mind lol.

Pure situational ethics. If they had a Habs team that had half a sack between them, fists faster than Travis "The Punching Bag" Moen, and more than 4 guys over 6 foot, they'd be screaming for blood too. Hell, they just about peed themselves when they drafted McCarron, the whole fanbase getting damp panties over their 6'5" "answer for Lucic!!" :laugh:

Rancid McGoiter

Still metal.
Feb 1, 2005
I see, you're suggesting Lucic isn't a man, and everyone else on the ice is accountable for what they do, right? I'm suggesting Lucic expected Dekeyser to answer for something HE did. And, refused to do as you say, drop the gloves like a man. Sort of like Franzen on Boychuk today, which in reality is a much more dangerous than a nut check. Like Orpik, Franzen also has a no fight policy. He's also the cleanest player ever. I've watched Lucic enough to know he doesn't do something like that w/o provocation. I don't particularly like that he did it, but understand he was sending a message... "Keep doing what you're doing, and I'll hurt you...so cut the ****".

Do you think Dekeyser was going to drop them w/ Lucic? Uh, nope. He'd of been left standing there as the only guy who dropped his gloves. Should Looch have just punched him in the head instead of the nut check? I suppose, it would have eliminated this thread. But would it be any less "dirty"? Further, people would be reading the riot act b/c Lucic did something so blatant and selfish, costing the team a probable major.

Lucic has been nailing them on the forecheck. But, there isn't a whole lot he can do when Krejci is getting a rough ride, the refs aren't calling it (Krejci was absolutely tackled in front of the net in game 1, head drilled into the ice, puck no where near him, no call). There could be an entire thread on this, and that line being shut down for the most part, but no. I also find it astonishing that not a single official on the ice noticed what Lucic did there. I'm pretty sure they did, and assume they must have known why he did it. Krejci has been screaming at the refs at almost every opportunity after whistles. They finally called something nearly six periods into this series.

As far as the higher standard. I'm sorry, but where was your outrage after this play?

That's Lucic pretty much insuring Neil drops the gloves. Why? He went high on his centerman. Why would Lucic do that? And in an exhibition game? He wanted Neil to answer for what he did, thus be accountable. Moreover, to know he sure as hell better not do it again. Ironic, b/c later that year Savard lost his entire career, and we lost our best center, and not on a nut check. But, on a deliberate headshot. Why I find this all a little ridiculous. Savard, Bergeron, Horton, Eriksson, all top 6 players all victimized by stuff that really does hurt people. Lucic whacks a guy in the sack and.....LOOK OUT!! That's the straw that broke the camel's back? Well, according to habs fans.

If Lucic wanted to hurt people, all he'd have to do is finish his check on players who deliberately turn into the boards when they hear his footsteps. Happens every game. But, Lucic pulls up. I don't expect anyone to give the kid credit at this point. He crossed the line between tough and dirty, got called on it, and was fined. Not sure what people want here. A trade? There would be no shortage of GM's listening.

Somewhere Ken Linesman is laughing his BALLS off.

This is so on the money. I don't like it, but I hate the fact that he has to resort to it. It really comes down to the instigator and the cowardice that it brought, but that's a whole can of worms...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad