Player Discussion Loui Eriksson, Pt. II

O/U (over/under) Will Eriksson get 0.5ppg+ this coming season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
It's not JB's fault that Green turned a 40 point scorer into a 0 point farmhand...
What is it with our organization? Look at .dahlen and Goldy! They are both very skilled, and can put up numbers, but do they even get a chance with us?

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
So how much do the coyotes actually pay out in their total salary in real dollars? It’s got to be way below the cap floor, right? Oh, and they’re better than us, and Jimmy sounds like a Princess with her daddy’s VISA.

about $66.3m but insurance would be covering Hossa and Bolland, so around $56m. (Raanta is on LTIR but he was a real player so I don't count that the same as Hossa and Bolland).

Reactions: Luckylarry

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
...but he's been that kind of player his whole career so why sign him if you don't like his game?

It is amazing how many of your questions can be answered with "Benning is a bad GM"

Are you going to tell me that, say, Goldie doesn't play a "soft, one dimensional game"? Do we send Goldy to the minors if he doesn't play a solid defensive game?Of course not,

Uhhh yes you do. See Spooner. See Gagner.

so why sign Gagner and expect him to totally change his game after a decade of playing HIS game?

Benning is a bad GM

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Sam Gagner is a bad player who had been a bad player for years and cleared waivers in 15-16 and looked to be headed to Europe until Columbus gave him a last chance in the NHL way into the UFA period.

And then he put up a total fluke 33 points in 36 games largely on the PP to start the year before before (predictably) turning back into a pumpkin with 17 points in his last 46 games and reverting to the same slow, soft, fringe skill player he’s always been.

Literally everyone knew it was a fluke. Except for Jim Benning who saw 50 points and threw $10 million at it. Because he’s a moron who can’t evaluate talent and doesn’t understand hockey.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
The amount of pure hate I have for this player reached new levels tonight.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Worst thing that happened was the Roussel injury. I think Green had had enough and was going to sit him for multiple games but Eriksson was back in the very next game.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
If Eriksson keeps putting up 4 pts per game, I have no problem with him being in the lineup.

Reactions: MS

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
If Eriksson keeps putting up 4 pts per game, I have no problem with him being in the lineup.

lets keep some perspective. It was against an AHL line up, the worst team in the league with an empty net goal from his own side of centre...and a couple of secondary assists if I am not mistaken.

Reactions: Pavel96

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
This Gronborg guy is apparently in the running to coach the Sabres. Maybe he'll want to trade for Eriksson. Hopefully?

Reactions: lindgren

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Stat - Loui Eriksson is officially the least physical player in the NHL.

How do you play 80 games and have 3 hits??

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
According to other threads the Canucks are scouring the NHL for 'scoring wingers'. Benning apparently thought he'd signed one, handing Eriksson $6m a season for six years. But now apparently, "doing little things out there"is more important than that 'little thing' of putting the puck in the friggin' net.

You don't know whether to laugh or cry. But the chances of Jimbo actually identifying a 'scoring winger', much less signing one to a fair contract--are just about nil. So even if by some miracle they find a taker for Eriksson's albatross contract, Jimbo will just replace it with another one equally as bad. You can book it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad