Player Discussion Loui Eriksson Part IV: EriksSonata - A CambieKev Presentation [VIDEO]

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
I had someone I know suggest with a straight face trading Loui and his 6mil cap hit for Jeff Skinner and his 9mil.
We’re almost at the end of the tunnel with Eriksson and They suggest trading for Skinner? Must be trolling!

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
I could see him playing less than 30 games over the next two seasons. Dump him in the minors and only bring him up when there’s some injuries. Saves everyone involved the embarrassment of a 1000 games played ‘ceremony’.

Seriously?

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
We’re almost at the end of the tunnel with Eriksson and They suggest trading for Skinner? Must be trolling!

Not sure i'd do the trade for Skinner at 50%, to be honest. While he'd be worthwhile initially, it's still a 7 year contract for a declining player.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Reactions: Luckylarry

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
Smarter player
Can kill penalties
Better defensively
Has been in the league 15 years.
Has scored 250 goals in the NHL.
can finish in close.

if LE and John Bailey both made 850k you take LE 10/10 times.

I’ll take the guy who actually puts in effort finishes his checks and looks like he cares over the guy who doesn’t. If Loui was producing then of course I’d take him over Bailey but he’s not. Just racks up empty net points

Loui is better defensively and he can kill penalties but he literally provides nothing other than that. Who cares if he’s been in the league or used to score goals. He doesn’t anymore.

I’ll take Baileys speed and grit combined with an effort that passes the eye test over Loui’s defensive prowess that comes with an overall lazy attitude and zero grit. Bailey has had as many hits in 2 games with 4th line minutes than Loui has in an entire season (4-3)

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Ducks fan coming in peace!

I have seen some Vancouver fans interested in Rakell and Manson from Anaheim.
What would you think is fair in a trade that send one of them to Vancouver and Loui back as a cap dump without any retention?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Ducks fan coming in peace!

I have seen some Vancouver fans interested in Rakell and Manson from Anaheim.
What would you think is fair in a trade that send one of them to Vancouver and Loui back as a cap dump without any retention?
Nice avatar Glifferson ;)

Manson and a pick for Virtanen, Chatfield, Gadvocich, and Eriksson

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Thank! I still miss our boy.

I think the Ducks would be mostly be interested in futures. None of those guys really interest me honestly.
If the right move came along, Canucks would obviously love to move Eriksson, but I honestly don't think they're in a position to move him at market price.

They're not a playoff team this season, and Eriksson can actually be bought out next season.

If there was a trade for Manson that involved Eriksson, the Canucks would obviously be interested, but it comes down to the price they're willing to pay vs cost.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks got contributions from their top two lines in a big win over the Flames last night....but my gawd, that bottom six....Gaudette with Roussel and Sutter; and Beagle between Eriksson and Virtanen....might be worst bottom six forward group in hockey. Certainly it's most overpaid. You hold your break every-time they're out there.

IslandBeast

Apr 19, 2015
V.I
two way ability

That may be the rational but it's a poor one. Mac plays 4 minutes a game and punishes opponents in that time, any possible defensive shortcomings obviously aren't seen by the fans or anybody else, not that I've seen anyways yet it is still contributing to repeated healthy scratches for guys like Loui?

We've been watching Loui and Virtanen put forward feeble/useless attempts at making an impact for 4 straight years now, Mac plays 4 minutes then straight to the press-box for a half a dozen games and counting.

If you want to teach the kid, play him. Frustrating as all hell

There is something about this franchise that loves to penalize guys who work their absolute balls off and instead keep trotting out the same useless soft plugs ovvveerrr and ovvverrr and ovvverrrr again. 50 years and counting lets goooo

Reactions: moog35

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
38 goals and 32 hits so far as a Canuck. Literally getting almost a million dollars per hit on his contract so far. I’ll take Messier 10 out of 10 times over this loser

Reactions: MikeK

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
38 goals and 32 hits so far as a Canuck. Literally getting almost a million dollars per hit on his contract so far. I’ll take Messier 10 out of 10 times over this loser
i would take 60yr old Messier just to see if he could eat one chip.

Loui is a disgrace.

Reactions: MikeK and moog35

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
upload_2021-3-11_20-42-12.png

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
So will he play another game for us? Will his cap be against the Canucks next season? So many UNASWERED questions regarding this never give up fiesty role model

png-0912s-canucks-1432.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad