Player Discussion Loui Eriksson Part IV: EriksSonata - A CambieKev Presentation [VIDEO]

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Who's stats are notoriously inaccurate? How can anybody's stats be inaccurate let alone "notoriously" inaccurate?

Nobody should be surprised that Petey had more hits than Bo. Petey plays with much more Bite than Bo.

Hits stats are notoriously inaccurate because it depends on the guy keeping track of hits in the arena.

You should read this article.

IslandBeast

Apr 19, 2015
V.I
Hits stats are notoriously inaccurate because it depends on the guy keeping track of hits in the arena.

You should read this article.

Gotcha and yeah I agree with all of that. I read "his stats" not "hit stats" my bad.

Hit stats aren't really accurate or a way to gauge a players toughness but when you have an 81 game sample size and the guy only records 3 hits? Say the old stat taker dudes missed 10 of poor Louis hits through the year, he's still just at 13. He doesn't battle, he doesn't go to the net, he doesn't hit, he doesn't muck it up or get in scrums, he doesn't noticeably block shots, he doesn't chirp, he doesn't fire up the boys and he doesn't score. He doesn't do anything a real hockey player should do.

Gaudreau probably put up point per game pace when he registered those record low hit toals...not to mention he's like 5'2 75 pounds.

Loui literally may have put up the softest season in NHL history with all things considered. Size + Role on team + contract etc.

Reactions: moog35

Bertuzzipunch

Aug 9, 2020
You save less then a million to have another million on the cap for 22-23. It'd be so much nicer to just eat all this shit next year and be fresh for 22-23.
Dammit dammit dammit. Erikkson is like that lil turd nugget that refuses to be flushed down the toilet.

Reactions: pomorick

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
Ekisson is garbage. He has done nothing even close to earning his paycheque in the last 5 season. Hearing the rumours that his restaurant business is justice for him stealing all that money for doing f*** all for 5 years

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Ekisson is garbage. He has done nothing even close to earning his paycheque in the last 5 season. Hearing the rumours that his restaurant business is justice for him stealing all that money for doing f*** all for 5 years
I actually would've preferred his restaurants making ****-tons of money. Gives him more reasons to retire early.

Reactions: sting101 and moog35

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Every day Eriksson draws a paycheck from the Canucks is a total embarrassment to the organization.

You can only imagine how guys like Miller, Pettersson and Hughes feel, watching five key UFA's and leaders in the dressing-room bolt this past offseason, because the Canucks had no money to retain them.

Meantime a guy is languishing on the taxi squad 'earning' a salary that in its totality would have single-handedly brought most of them back. And if you throw in Baertschi's salary for playing in Utica, they could have easily brought them ALL back.

You can't tell me that the players don't think about when they're getting their lunch handed to them out on ice. It's only human nature.

So for the benefit of 'team morale', if nothing else, the Canucks simply have to jettison Eriksson this off-season.

Reactions: MarkMM

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Every day Eriksson draws a paycheck from the Canucks is a total embarrassment to the organization.

You can only imagine how guys like Miller, Pettersson and Hughes feel, watching five key UFA's and leaders in the dressing-room bolt this past offseason, because the Canucks had no money to retain them.

Meantime a guy is languishing on the taxi squad 'earning' a salary that in its totality would have single-handedly brought most of them back. And if you throw in Baertschi's salary for playing in Utica, they could have easily brought them ALL back.

You can't tell me that the players don't think about when they're getting their lunch handed to them out on ice. It's only human nature.

So for the benefit of 'team morale', if nothing else, the Canucks simply have to jettison Eriksson this off-season.
Is easy to say is not Erikssons fault he just signed a contract that a dummy put infront of him BUT

Eriksson really did not live up to the contract WHAT SO EVER. Just kept getting worse in worse in worse. I think this offseason they should do what they can to get this dolt to walk away from the contract to no longer handicap the team. What an absolute brutal contract this guy was from start to finish. Shameful piece of shit imo

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
$3m Roussel
$3m Beagle
$3.5m Ferland
$4.3m Holtby
$6m Myers

Almost triple what Eriksson costs. Has a bit better impact I guess. All also signed into next season.

Loui Eriksson’s contract on its own is shit but it’s manageable. The wreck less spending since is what’s hindered the Canucks further imo.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
If Loui came in every day and busted his ass, stood out in practice (as in first on, last off) spent extra time working with the young guys etc and gave his all in games, you might be able to look past his contract.

But he hasn't, so it's just an embarrassment.

Reactions: sting101 and MarkMM

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
If Loui came in every day and busted his ass, stood out in practice (as in first on, last off) spent extra time working with the young guys etc and gave his all in games, you might be able to look past his contract.

But he hasn't, so it's just an embarrassment.
Agree with it all. He literally has done as little as possible. How many post game interviews has he even done?

Reactions: rypper

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Is easy to say is not Erikssons fault he just signed a contract that a dummy put infront of him BUT

Eriksson really did not live up to the contract WHAT SO EVER. Just kept getting worse in worse in worse. I think this offseason they should do what they can to get this dolt to walk away from the contract to no longer handicap the team. What an absolute brutal contract this guy was from start to finish. Shameful piece of shit imo
I don’t know, but has Loui even bought into the whole community aspect of the Canucks? Maybe someone else can post Loui being involved in the community in some way, but I can’t remember him ever doing that. He seems like a good enough guy, so why hasn’t he done more off the ice? Or am I missing stuff?

brokenhole

Aug 12, 2015
You save less then a million to have another million on the cap for 22-23. It'd be so much nicer to just eat all this shit next year and be fresh for 22-23.
That works if Benning doesn’t sign another 6x6 turd to replace him.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
I honestly think it’s worth it to get Loui thousands of miles away from this team.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
I dont think they should buy him out and prolong payments, but they definately should save 1 million of cap space next year and banish him to Utica. He completely deserves it. If he doesnt like it he can retire and f*** off. IF Benning was a competent GM he would have done it this season.

Cant think of a player who has ever earned a contract less than this clown.

Reactions: Dab

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
I dont think they should buy him out and prolong payments, but they definately should save 1 million of cap space next year and banish him to Utica. He completely deserves it. If he doesnt like it he can retire and f*** off. IF Benning was a competent GM he would have done it this season.

Cant think of a player who has ever earned a contract less than this clown.

Terrible performance and did not come close to earning his contract...but he's anything but alone...

example: Jeff Skinner

upload_2021-4-8_12-51-24.png

upload_2021-4-8_12-51-2.png

Reactions: Dab

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad