Loudest building/ best arena atmosphere in the playoffs?

Which team will have the loudest building and best atmosphere

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
The fact that there are barely any seats right behind one of the goals is just horribad. Look at this layout. Who in their right mind thought "now THIS is good for hockey!"

View attachment 217131

The seat layout is absolutely disgusting and was the first indication to me about what the place would be like for hockey. The picture actually is actually too generous, since it's not apparent from looking at it how bad it is. 202-230, blocked/no view of the net right below you. Yikes.

I hope Lou can figure something out and you guys stay in Nassau to play games. Unreal the atmosphere there. Reminds me of that series against the leafs back in the day when Steve Webb was running over everyone. Never leave Nassau.

Absolutely. It's where they belong. It's an advantage that's hard to replicate anywhere else.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveG

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
BS. The PNC Crowd noise is legit, and loud as hell.

He was being sarcastic. Wait 6 hours and ask the Caps fans that drove down. The reality is alot of NHL arean's have priced their seats out of the "loud" fan range. Canes are "unlucky" enough to still have affordable seating and don't have wine and cheesers sitting in all the seats.

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
1. Even a biased anti-Canadian like you can't deny that Canadian arenas are among the loudest.

2. Winnipeg Jets 1.0 started the whiteout and it moved to Phoenix with them.

3. Its spelled "Winnipeg".
I'm a Canadian and I'll tell you that Canadian arenas aren't the loudest. For some reason they've always had a reputation of being the loudest, but it's simply not true. It's a stereotype that needs to die because Bruins, Isles, Jackets, and Canes fans have clearly shown us in these playoffs alone, that the loudest fanbases are south of the border.

Had a blast watching the Canes game tonight. Not a big fan of that team, but the combination of John Forslunds commentary mixed with the fan noise was truly something.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
IMG_20190413_125642.jpg

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Don't see how Winnipeg is getting so many votes. I mean, I'm not there in person, but on TV it doesn't sound like anything special. Even when they score it doesn't get that loud.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Have not followed enough, why is the next round being played at Barclays instead of Nassau?

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
The loudest arena is the one where actual fans can afford to go. That's not the rich clubs. f*** em! Oh and if you thought the poor clubs are good cause of cheaper tickets; well those fans like football!

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad