Loudest building/ best arena atmosphere in the playoffs?

Which team will have the loudest building and best atmosphere

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dkhockey

May 27, 2007
Europe
how can they allow people to stand up the whole game in columbus?
ruins the game for the people behind them, what if they won't/can't stand up.

CBJ VGK

May 19, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Shark tank is loud!

That said the atmosphere is rough. We got stuff thrown at us and were verbally asssulted by over 20 fans. This wasn’t the standard ribbing either.
Honestly, it's horrible at SAP. There are a lot of decent Sharks fan there, of course. But the number of idiots is as high or higher than any other arena I've been to. Hell, half of the Staples Center crowd is from East LA, and even they are classier than San Jose.

Was there in late March for a meaningless regular season game. Sharks won in OT and you would have thought it was Game 7. The wife and I were with another couple and we almost Ubered back to the hotel, which was only 2 blocks away.

After an early playoff game, a female Golden Knights fan was actually knocked out by a male Sharks fan , who was subsequently arrested.

MikeFolignosHelmet

Fan of the game
Sponsor
Dec 24, 2018
Banner Elk, NC
Honestly, it's horrible at SAP. There are a lot of decent Sharks fan there, of course. But the number of idiots is as high or higher than any other arena I've been to. Hell, half of the Staples Center crowd is from East LA, and even they are classier than San Jose.

Was there in late March for a meaningless regular season game. Sharks won in OT and you would have thought it was Game 7. The wife and I were with another couple and we almost Ubered back to the hotel, which was only 2 blocks away.

After an early playoff game, a female Golden Knights fan was actually knocked out by a male Sharks fan , who was subsequently arrested.

Pro sports fans in California have a bad reputation these days unfortunately.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
BUFFALO.

Unfortunately only vs. the Leafs and the arena is packed with 90% Leafs fans.
Seriously, any Leafs fan will admit it's louder in Buffalo than in Toronto since the
the lower bowl is suits. I've been the "ACC" many many times.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
What, you think they should make an announcement telling people to sit down so everybody can see?

Have you ever BEEN to a live sporting event?
Certainly. What those row one idiots are doing is just silly.

I didn't realize the Columbus arena seats over 19,000 fans. Big place.

Wedontneedroads

Jul 14, 2008
San Jose

This exact scenario happened in Game 7 in San Jose vs VGK!

My seats are in the very last row of one of the lower sections. After the Sharks 4th goal a guy in a Hawaiian shirt 4 rows in front of me REFUSED to sit down. Didn't bother me because we just scored 4 goals and I'm down to stand up for the last 5 min of the game because wtf just happened. Everyone had been standing for all 4 goals, and a lot of the tank was still standing. However, the Bay Area fan base has admittedly become a bit cheese and wine over the past 10 years, so some people were beginning to sit because there was around 5 minutes left in the game.

What started out rather innocently turned into Hawaiian shirt dude yelling at the top of his lungs to our entire section that he was not sitting down for the rest of the game, and we should all stand up. The cheese and wine guy behind him clearly did not want to stand up, and their argument escalated over the next few minutes until hawaiian shirt starts raining down haymakers on cheese and wine guy who is still in his seat. Ushers/Police come down and take hawaiian shirt dude and his group of 3 out along with cheese and wine dude and his wife/gf.

This is all around the 1:30 mark of the third period.

Never came back, and missed the end of the greatest game ever played at the tank.

Morale of the story? Stand up and support your team people!

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Lol people in Columbus finally get meaningful hockey and provide their team with an amazing atmosphere, and the hockey world says "you're doing it wrong!".

This is why hockey can't grow like other sports. f***ing purists. Let's bring the league back down to 6 teams I guess.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Lol people in Columbus finally get meaningful hockey and provide their team with an amazing atmosphere, and the hockey world says "you're doing it wrong!".

This is why hockey can't grow like other sports. ****ing purists. Let's bring the league back down to 6 teams I guess.

Huh? How'd you leap from criticism of a trend to reverting the league to six-teams on the heels of said criticism?

Is that like, some people online have the most extreme gaps in logic and are given to wild emotive statements so let's go back to ink,quill,parchment and delivery by horse and sail?

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
In 2006 Stanley Cup Finals Game 7, The announcers stated every period that the fans were standing during the whole game. They had never seen anything like that. So I'm going to give the Hurricanes credit for not only being loud, but establishing fans standing during the entire game, to root their team on.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Canes fans are nice and all and the team has a warm spot in my heart for eliminating the Caps, but weren’t the attendance numbers rather underwhelming during the regular season in Raleigh?

well, that's because we're too stah-stah-stupid and still don't understand the rules of yer fancy hawkey game, what with the little curvy sticks and them red and blue lines what don't make a lick o' sense and all that

why just last night I was a-tellin' my papaw that he should go check out one of them stickpuck games with me but he had to make the moonshine. plus nascar was on and my 2nd cousin Ellie May was comin' over and you just know I been dying to get in her pants for a dog's age

Sstroh84

May 28, 2015
Columbus, OH
This is a three horse race with Carolina, Columbus, and Dallas. Islanders are not longer competing as they moved to Barclays.

It was just Carolina and Columbus, but Dallas impressed me.

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
What I like about Columbus and Colorado is they play loud fast energetic music after a goal. That gets the fans cheering louder. I'm jealous. Try watching a game at the ACC. They play "Hall & Oates - Make My Dreams Come True" after a goal. It's a funeral. Toronto is one of the worst places to watch a game and if the players were honest they probably don't like playing in front of that crowd.

Reactions: Skipee

Skipee

Mar 27, 2010
What I like about Columbus and Colorado is they play loud fast energetic music after a goal. That gets the fans cheering louder. I'm jealous. Try watching a game at the ACC. They play "Hall & Oates - Make My Dreams Come True" after a goal. It's a funeral. Toronto is one of the worst places to watch a game and if the players were honest they probably don't like playing in front of that crowd.

I always hate watching Toronto games on CBC after the best segment of the week, Don Cherry. That lower bowl section behind the hard camera is absolutely EMPTY and it assures there's no atmosphere.

Reactions: Lilou

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
I always hate watching Toronto games on CBC after the best segment of the week, Don Cherry. That lower bowl section behind the hard camera is absolutely EMPTY and it assures there's no atmosphere.

Honestly I always look at the schedule and hope most HNIC leaf games are AWAY. That's how much I hate watching home games. And yes they don't let people to their seats until their is a commercial break. I don't know why. It's embarrassing.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area

I am in no way disbelieving that this happened to you, but that's behavior I have never once seen in all the games I've gone to at the Tank. Hell, I was at a playoff game vs the Kings a couple years ago where we lost, and there was nothing like that happening from Sharks fans towards Kings fans. (and I think Boston fans like NY teams slightly more than SF area fans like LA teams. There's bad blood going back 60 years to the days of Giants vs Dodgers in the 1950s). In any case, I can only think that that game you were at had a really aberrant crowd compared to the normal people who go to games there.

Reactions: Stubu

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009

If you wont, f*** right off. Give those seats to a real fan.

If you can't, then IDK why you didn't contact guest services. There are always (at Isles at the least) Handicap seats that don't get obstructed by standing.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
What? It's fantastic that teams are doing this, what an atmosphere
No, it's not. It's shameful and amateur. There are kids, older people, shorter folks and those who want to sit in the seat they spent 100's of $ for. This isn't a student or designated supporters section.

You can be just as loud sitting down and standing for the big moments. You know, like every single other arena.

Standing for the entirety of every period is for crosseyed, drunk, soccer hooligans. Try that in the northeast and you will most likely be hit with a projectile.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad