Loudest building/ best arena atmosphere in the playoffs?

Which team will have the loudest building and best atmosphere

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
In 2006 Stanley Cup Finals Game 7, The announcers stated every period that the fans were standing during the whole game. They had never seen anything like that. So I'm going to give the Hurricanes credit for not only being loud, but establishing fans standing during the entire game, to root their team on.
They have apparently ceased the practice. What does that tell you?

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Honestly, it's horrible at SAP. There are a lot of decent Sharks fan there, of course. But the number of idiots is as high or higher than any other arena I've been to. Hell, half of the Staples Center crowd is from East LA, and even they are classier than San Jose.

Was there in late March for a meaningless regular season game. Sharks won in OT and you would have thought it was Game 7. The wife and I were with another couple and we almost Ubered back to the hotel, which was only 2 blocks away.

After an early playoff game, a female Golden Knights fan was actually knocked out by a male Sharks fan , who was subsequently arrested.

This sounds like something that would have made the news. Do you have any evidence?

Reactions: SnarkAttack

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Yes **** crowd engagement... you must be someone who hates people standing during concerts too.
Riiiigghht. That must be why Nashville, Winnipeg, and NY are blowing Dallas and Carolina out in this poll. No crowd engagement.

And equating concerts to hockey games is analogous and not an obtuse comparison in any way...

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
I'm trying to be not biased on my answer...

But f*** it it's the Bell Center, the Mecca of Hockey, Montreal.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
If you wont, **** right off. Give those seats to a real fan.

If you can't, then IDK why you didn't contact guest services. There are always (at Isles at the least) Handicap seats that don't get obstructed by standing.

Real fans don't necessarily need to stand to show how great of a fan they are.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Can anyone educate me on the Nassau Coliseum thing I keep hearing I thought the Isles played at Barclays

They played their first round at Nassau along with around half of their regular season games.

Barclays is a terrible venue for hockey (more blind spots than even the really old barns) and it’s a given they are leaving there in a couple of years. Somehow they worked out a deal with their current leaseholders at Barclays to be able to play games at Nassau. All of their actual fans don’t want to commute to Brooklyn.

Reactions: IceManCat

StumbleBum7

Dec 7, 2009
Pennsylvania
No, it's not. It's shameful and amateur. There are kids, older people, shorter folks and those who want to sit in the seat they spent 100's of $ for. This isn't a student or designated supporters section.

You can be just as loud sitting down and standing for the big moments. You know, like every single other arena.

Standing for the entirety of every period is for crosseyed, drunk, soccer hooligans. Try that in the northeast and you will most likely be hit with a projectile.

You sound like a fun person to be around. People can stand if they darn wel please. I got asked to sit at the winter classic in Boston many years back. I refused for a good while while the momentum was good. I felt more into the game and involved/happy. I’ll stand if I want.

Standing makes you feel more involved, try it sometime with some friends. High fiving and stuff sitting is boring as all heck and is super stiff. Other stuff feels more genuine and fun

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Winnipeg always seems like the craziest place to me. Nashville (so random...) with a close second.

My team, the Bruins, have a pretty up and down crowd. I’m honestly disappointed with how easily a TD Garden crowd can be taken out of a game. Despite all this winning, Boston persists in being a perpetually negative sports town in terms of overall attitude. It is somehow ingrained in us.

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
You sound like a fun person to be around. People can stand if they darn wel please. I got asked to sit at the winter classic in Boston many years back. I refused for a good while while the momentum was good. I felt more into the game and involved/happy. I’ll stand if I want.

Standing makes you feel more involved, try it sometime with some friends. High fiving and stuff sitting is boring as all heck and is super stiff. Other stuff feels more genuine and fun

I’m not totally disagreeing you...but when do you high five? After a goal when everyone is standing. No one is throwing high fives sitting down.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I’m not totally disagreeing you...but when do you high five? After a goal when everyone is standing. No one is throwing high fives sitting down.

People should high five while sitting at a correct posture in their seats, so as to not disturb their neighbors.

Actually they should just air five to prevent the spread of germs, we have a measles epidemic going on you know?

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Actually they should just give each person their own individual enclosed pod, with wifi and a viewscreen and a place to charge your phone. Soundproofed of course, so the noise doesn't bother anybody, and you can stand or sit down or even fart at your leisure without having to worry about obstructing anyone's view or otherwise offending them.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
What are you getting at, and why are you making a joke using disability as the punchline?

I was conflating the "handicapped section" with "seniors who can't stand" to point out the disingenuous conceit of the argument which says these people are being "victimized" by ignorant southern trash who stand up and make loud noises during games.

there's like three different levels of sarcasm going on here though, so proceed with utmost caution

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
No, it's not. It's shameful and amateur. There are kids, older people, shorter folks and those who want to sit in the seat they spent 100's of $ for. This isn't a student or designated supporters section.

You can be just as loud sitting down and standing for the big moments. You know, like every single other arena.

Standing for the entirety of every period is for crosseyed, drunk, soccer hooligans. Try that in the northeast and you will most likely be hit with a projectile.

I guess the Northeast doesn't have "real" fans then :help: get over it

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I was conflating the "handicapped section" with "seniors who can't stand" to point out the disingenuous conceit of the argument which says these people are being "victimized" by ignorant southern trash who stand up and make loud noises during games.

there's like three different levels of sarcasm going on here though, so proceed with utmost caution
My dude, I certainly didn't call anyone southern trash. In fact, earlier in this thread I was complementing the canes crowd for being great without standing. Because as I said, at no arenas on the continent have I noticed this at other than Columbus (not the south) and Dallas (only considered the south by people not from the south or Texas). Not Vegas, Vancouver, Philly, Tampa, Montreal, take your pick.

And yeah, you undoubtedly attempted to go after what you perceived to be low hanging fruit considering handicapped people weren't even mentioned and no one claimed old people can't stand. What exactly is disingenuous about mentioning those who could possibly be hindered by the actions of the F you I'll do what I want crew? Or was that like, one of your like, layers of like, sarcasm?

Then a bunch of dudes started on about 2006. 2006. That tells me that there's now been a generation of fans who've grown up to respect the game because those crowds have been fire without it looking like a Crimson Tide game. Have you considered that perhaps you're an outlier even in your own town and projecting a bit much?

Last edited:

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Actually they should just give each person their own individual enclosed pod, with wifi and a viewscreen and a place to charge your phone. Soundproofed of course, so the noise doesn't bother anybody, and you can stand or sit down or even fart at your leisure without having to worry about obstructing anyone's view or otherwise offending them.
And everyone should just talk in movie theaters, wear cargo shorts to a Michelin starred restaurant, play music through their phones speaker at a bar, and roll coal whenever they feel like having a laugh.

Because you know, you can and stuff.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Terrible. No seniors should be allowed to attend.

This reeks of the new age 'look at me' fans on social media.
Nah man, it really seems to be unique to those 2 barns.

Though canes fans here believe that if, and only if, a game 7 occurs they'll work hard to prove me wrong.

Even though they've been cool this far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad