Loudest building/ best arena atmosphere in the playoffs?

Which team will have the loudest building and best atmosphere

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Went to leafs Boston last year. Nothing beats the ACC with a couple of beers and friends. Place is electric

The ACC is pretty terrible imo...very low energy.

IMO, there are way too many wannabe important people in suits sitting around on their phones taking photos of themselves for their IG accounts, and who are happier to be "at the game" then actually watching it. Its more of a social status symbol to them. While the real leafs fans mostly cant afford to get tickets to the games because the prices are so insane.

Now the ACC would truly be something special if it was filled with the same kind of fans that invade Ottawa's home rink multiple times a year. Those guys know how to bring the energy!

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
Anyone that thinks the Canadian buildings are the loudest is pretty ****ing delusional, especially Winnapeg with their lame whiteout which they stole from Arizona.

1. Even a biased anti-Canadian like you can't deny that Canadian arenas are among the loudest.

2. Winnipeg Jets 1.0 started the whiteout and it moved to Phoenix with them.

3. Its spelled "Winnipeg".

Last edited:

Rielly4Capn

Apr 16, 2019
ACC sux for atmosphere 99% of the time. I liked the energy in game 3 though, that is by far the loudest I have heard that arena since the early 90s runs. Overall I don't see how you can deny that Winnipeg is loudest AF. Those fans have NOTHING else to cheer for literally, I mean, the Blue Bombers? Really? No, Jets are their only legitimate team and those fans have nothing else to do up there besides hunt polar bears.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
It seems like there is a clear top 4 this year:

Islanders, WPG, Jackets, Nashville (Nash is based on last year TBH)

Habitat

Mar 8, 2010
Winnipeg
Ive been to 6 playoffs games last year with Winnipeg and 2 so far this year. The average db rating is around 111 +- 2 to 3. With that said when trouba tied it in game 3 vs Nashville it was at 123 db and ive never heard anything like it. It was unbelievable.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Nassau coliseum was nuts.

I’m worried it won’t carry over to Brooklyn though.

Hard to cheer when you have avocado toast in one hand and beard oil in the other.

It's the fans and their passion that bring the atmosphere. While the Coli is amazing, Barclay's can get rocking too.

Funny video about the Josh Bailey Chant, but representative of how crazy awesome the fans can be...

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Avs are underrated, Game 3 I believe topped off at 120 dB at the Pepsi Centre. To put that in context, an aircraft carrier with planes is 140 dB.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Nassau coliseum was nuts.

I’m worried it won’t carry over to Brooklyn though.

Hard to cheer when you have avocado toast in one hand and beard oil in the other.
The fact that there are barely any seats right behind one of the goals is just horribad. Look at this layout. Who in their right mind thought "now THIS is good for hockey!"

IMG_5497.GIF

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
The fact that there are barely any seats right behind one of the goals is just horribad. Look at this layout. Who in their right mind thought "now THIS is good for hockey!"

View attachment 217131
I hope Lou can figure something out and you guys stay in Nassau to play games. Unreal the atmosphere there. Reminds me of that series against the leafs back in the day when Steve Webb was running over everyone. Never leave Nassau.

Reactions: The Lighthouse

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

IMO, there are way too many wannabe important people in suits sitting around on their phones taking photos of themselves for their IG accounts, and who are happier to be "at the game" then actually watching it. Its more of a social status symbol to them. While the real leafs fans mostly cant afford to get tickets to the games because the prices are so insane.

Now the ACC would truly be something special if it was filled with the same kind of fans that invade Ottawa's home rink multiple times a year. Those guys know how to bring the energy!
Where were you sitting?
Crowd was excellent for both games from my view.

SwaggySpungo

Oct 18, 2018

This is very true. The building itself also kinda sucks.

Maple Leafs Gardens was very quiet for hockey, but that place was absolute magic. You felt every single molecule of history in that building, even from the outside. I'll never forget walking into the main arena for the first time to see the Bruins, then the Canadiens, or watching Gretzky and the Kings play there.

Scotiabank Arena simply can't compete. Hard to describe why, but it feels very artificial. MLG was more confined and cramped. You really felt like you were part of the game. I sat in the balcony behind the net for the Kings game and I could practically smell the ice. It felt like I was on the bench with the players. It was a very special place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad