Confirmed with Link: Lou Going to The Islanders

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I dont get this move from lou’s pov, was he really that put off by a guy half his age taking his job? He literally, LITERALLY signed up for that........ something strange happened at leafs hq that we don’t know about.
I have a hard time believing this new situation just came to pass.
I'm sure Lou and Shanny had something worked out.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I don't think Lou did all that well overall. Way happier with Dubas.

I'm actually glad about this. I don't really want him in the Leafs organization. Him and Babcock can go. I would give Dubas 100% control.

Dubas hasn't even done anything of note yet, and what, you expect him to coach too?
don't be so silly.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
I dont get this move from lou’s pov, was he really that put off by a guy half his age taking his job? He literally, LITERALLY signed up for that........ something strange happened at leafs hq that we don’t know about.

His son is the Assistant GM of the Islanders. So there is a family connection there.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
For all we know this maybe pushes Tavres further into testing free agency as a decision. He won't be able to sport his trademark 3 day stubble anymore while Lou is in charge. No worries people.

liljegren beast

Mar 28, 2018
Not good news in my opinion. I personally think that if they weren't gonna keep lou as GM, they should have given the role to Hunter. Reason I say this is due to the great drafting he has given us, and if he leaves it will be a large blow to the greatest organization in sports.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
I asked in the main forum but is Lou close with Tavares agent? Tavares himself? His family?

I’m going to at assume least one of the above?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
The Leafs are not going to sign Tavares unless he accepts 3 or 4 year deal. If he’s not too slow right now, what will he look like in 3 years?

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I asked in the main forum but is Lou close with Tavares agent? Tavares himself? His family?

I’m going to at assume least one of the above?
considering how long LL's been in the league i'm sure he's dealt with the majority if not all of the top agencies

i don't however understand what this has to do with JT

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
How is Lou speaking to Tavares on behalf of the Islanders when he was still in an advisory role to the Leafs? So random and weird.

Also, should the Leafs have kept Lou until after the draft? Seems like there should be a built in non compete clause for this critical period in the offseason.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
How is Lou speaking to Tavares on behalf of the Islanders when he was still in an advisory role to the Leafs? So random and weird.

Also, should the Leafs have kept Lou until after the draft? Seems like there should be a built in non compete clause for this critical period in the offseason.

look how many people start new jobs this close to draft. it's not a big deal.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Thank you Lou, you done did it again. It's a new leaf on life for you again. You surely made us better and stronger during your three great years. Would have loved to even keep you but shanahan has a plan. He making a new legend now out of Dubas. Lou will do great thangs for islanders. He will get a goalie I'm sure and some mo.
Interesting to see where tavares lands.

Lou, you did it again. :clap: You are the best to do it. Godfather of hockey who knows thangs and moves thangs.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009

either the report about him meeting JT is wrong or he left the Leafs and for some reason it wasn't reported

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Dubas hasn't even done anything of note yet, and what, you expect him to coach too?
don't be so silly.

Ya... he just got the job. Give him some time. He'll make some great moves.

I don't expect him to coach. But I would trust him to pick a good coach. I suspect that he would choose someone who embraces a more modern coaching style.

Even if you're a huge Babcock supporter, you would have to admit that he isn't exactly the most forward thinking of coaches. His obsession with grinders and toughness and defense first is old school thinking. If that's what you want... fine. But let's at least admit that Babcock is coaching the same way that he's always coached and that he's not doing things that anyone would consider to be innovate or groundbreaking. He's doing things that are dated and basically things that just don't even make sense.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Ya... he just got the job. Give him some time. He'll make some great moves.

I don't expect him to coach. But I would trust him to pick a good coach. I suspect that he would choose someone who embraces a more modern coaching style.

Even if you're a huge Babcock supporter, you would have to admit that he isn't exactly the most forward thinking of coaches. His obsession with grinders and toughness and defense first is old school thinking. If that's what you want... fine. But let's at least admit that Babcock is coaching the same way that he's always coached and that he's not doing things that anyone would consider to be innovate or groundbreaking. He's doing things that are dated and basically things that just don't even make sense.

no. you hope he'll make good moves. that's a big difference. and honestly. I don't really see the point of debating Babcock with you because you very obviously hate him. I will say if you think his way of thinking is outdated and a new coach would change things up, you'll be very disappointed in a good chunk of it, just saying.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I think there's usually a non compete. Wasn't Jason Botterill handcuffed from participating until after the draft?

yah and Dudley. Chia too (when he was offered the Boston job).
like i just feel with the amount of people who get hired before draft (and I think more importantly, before UFA), it's not as a big deal as people make it out to be.

Reactions: Menzinger

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
geez surprising move considering i kept reading LL was going to stay long term on this forum , lol

are we supposed to slag him while he walks out the door ? i get confused with the protocols on our board
Delusion, thy name is hotpaws.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Couldn't agree more. Lou will can Snow and offer Hunter the GM job. Doubt Hunter would pass up the GM position to stay, especially if the speculated friction with Dubas is legit.

Snow and Lou are good friends.

He’s not firing Snow

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Delusion, thy name is hotpaws.
delusional about what exactly ?

- the many posts where i kept reading LL was staying to fulfill his contract

or

- kicking people on the way out which this fan base has a habit of doing (take a look at the Hunter thread for example)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad