Confirmed with Link: Lou Going to The Islanders

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
That poster has been talking about how Babcock is the worst coach in the NHL and shouldn't even be in the league ever since his central argument was that he didn't play Corrado. He's just made up his mind. Everything we achieve is in spite of Babcock, every mistake he makes is crucial. We could win the Cup, and he'd still argue that we'd have won it in 16 if it wasn't for Babcock.

proof of this please? I was never a huge Corrado fan. I might have thought that he should have gotten a chance to play, but it was certainly never my "central argument" as to why I don't like Babcock. My central argument, if anything, is that he over uses Hyman.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Dude please stop, you clearly don't understand a dang about hockey or what it takes to build a BALANCED TEAM.

You want to top load one line with two elite talents while neutering the 2nd line? Bravo great strategy coach. One line teams are not hard to stop if you have depth. Boston is a great example of a one line team, at one point towards the end of the season 40%+ of their offence came from the Bergeron line, ergo the Nash trade. We didn't have depth so we didn't beat Boston, Tampa has depth and they beat Boston.

When you clearly proved me wrong? Lets recap, you said words, words that were your opinion. Just because you said words does not mean you are correct, we all have words. If anything your words proved just how myopic and limited your understanding is of how to build a successful BALANCED team.

So ignore 105 points, ignore the unimaginable 98 GF/GA turn around in 3 seasons. Ignore the fact many players like Kadri and Rielly have become stars under the coaching of Babcock. Lots of positive things happening under Babcock eh? Ahhhhh, it would happen no matter if Babcock was here or not eh? To prove your point Babcock that is a horrible coach, we should hire Horacheck again and watch how the Leafs continue to win and grow as a team no matter who the coach is, cause as you say our talent is the deepest ever. If you ignore the things that prove you wrong, you're only left with ignorance and your own words that bounce around in your self built echo chamber.

Only in Leaf land can a coach who set records, with a core in their 2nd year as pro's, be seen as the problem but I'm glad you think your resume gives you the perspective to tell the world just how much smarter you are than the most accomplished coach in the game today... please continue your nonsense, fiction is fun sometimes.

Do you still think that Babcock played Andersen down the stretch because we were trying to get home ice advantage?

Even if we had Matthews and Marner on the top line, that wouldn't make us a 1 line team. We would still have: Nylander, Kadri, Marleau, Kapanen, Johnsson, etc. to fill out our top 9. Not exactly a 1 line team... especially since we may sign a really good UFA forward to add to this group.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Here's some wishful thinking. If Tavares told Lou he wants to go home, who better to do a sign and trade before the draft ? Lou knows the Leafs prospects and picks and can put a positive spin on it for the Isles while he gets a small something and looks good. Tavares gets his 10x8 year contract.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Got a problem reading a room, eh?

Do you remember the Kadri-Marleau line without Marner? Do you remember when Nylander played with Kadri? Um which horrible coach made the decision to play Marner with Kadri-Marleau?

Yes of course I think Babcock played Anderson down the stretch to win home ice because HE SAID SO.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Got a problem reading a room, eh?

Do you remember the Kadri-Marleau line without Marner? Do you remember when Nylander played with Kadri? Um which horrible coach made the decision to play Marner with Kadri-Marleau?

Yes of course I think Babcock played Anderson down the stretch to win home ice because HE SAID SO.
When the Leafs beat Boston on Feb 24th they were actually ahead of them in the standings, 83 points to 82. Leafs had played 5 more games though.
Difference was the rest of the way. Boston went 13-6-4 and the Leafs went 10-6-2.

It was close imo and worth a shot to try and get home ice advantage.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Here's hoping Lou's talks with Tavares go as well as they did when he was trying to get Stamkos to TOR.
for all we know LL was brought in as damage control because the Isles already know JT's leaving and Lou meeting with him was just an attempt to somehow appease the fan base that they did everything possible to keep Tavares

also LL said he was approached before the season had ended and then again as soon as we were knocked out so maybe it wasn't a case that Shanny wanted to remove Lou this soon and more that LL wanted to leave , work with his son again and move back into the NY area

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Here's hoping Lou's talks with Tavares go as well as they did when he was trying to get Stamkos to TOR.

I don’t think it had anything to do with Lou. Living in Tampa is so much easier, on so many levels, than living in Toronto. Especially for his wife.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->