Confirmed with Link: Lou Going to The Islanders

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I'm not sure this really means all that much with regards to Tavares. Knowing the Islanders are in good hands is one thing, but Lou can't work a miracle and make them competitive right away, which is kind of what he needs.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
okay for those who are lamenting over the potential loss of John Tavares.

1: The Islanders don't have a stadium built yet and won't for another 3-4 years.
I don't think regardless of what Lou-ism he can spin can ignore the fact that the Islanders are going to be a travelling gypsy of a team for 3-4 years

2: Lou's magic trick of getting steady goaltending - who is he gonna target?
Goaltending is the crux of the islanders issues.

3: he probably wasn't gonna come anyway. lol

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
so, lou probably is going to re-sign one of the biggest fish that will ever make it to ufa, and our gm is talking to komarov's agent.

i've never been a fan of the isles, but as a new yorker, i can't be too mad about this organization trying to rebuild. having two good hockey teams (if the rangers are turning it around) could be really good. well, we'll see.
Well it’s not like our GM can talk to Tavares yet.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Bye Lou - thanks for the work you've done.

Seems like a last-ditch effort by the Isles ownership to try and keep Tavares around. That organization has a lot of issues that Lou will have to do a lot of work over the next month to give Tavares a sense that things are going to get better, including the arena thing.

Reactions: Daisy Jane

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Hunter was here before Lou. Hunter has more ties to Dubas than he has with Lou
Lou also knows talent and there’s a potentially disgruntled guy sitting there. I’d say it’s a valid concern.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I don't think Lou did all that well overall. Way happier with Dubas.

I'm actually glad about this. I don't really want him in the Leafs organization. Him and Babcock can go. I would give Dubas 100% control.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Lou also knows talent and there’s a potentially disgruntled guy sitting there. I’d say it’s a valid concern.
I don’t get why Hunter would follow Lou to the isles just to do the same job he’s doing here, only a lot further away from his other interests (co-owner of the Knights)

Reactions: Diddy

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
i wonder if they will try and make lou wait till after july first to take the position. kind of a conflict with him knowing our drafting and free agent plan of attack. but who knows. he was very entertaining while here and hope he enjoys the time with his son

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
First trade prediction: trading one of the Isles first rounders (11 or 12) to Nashville for Pekka Rinne, with Nashville retaining half the amount (making the cap hit 3.5 mil)

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Just hope Hunter stays, but Lou will try to snag him.

Couldn't agree more. Lou will can Snow and offer Hunter the GM job. Doubt Hunter would pass up the GM position to stay, especially if the speculated friction with Dubas is legit.

Reactions: Kiwi and DarkKnight

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
I dont get this move from lou’s pov, was he really that put off by a guy half his age taking his job? He literally, LITERALLY signed up for that........ something strange happened at leafs hq that we don’t know about.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I don’t get why Hunter would follow Lou to the isles just to do the same job he’s doing here, only a lot further away from his other interests (co-owner of the Knights)

Lou is either going to be President, GM or both. If he's not GM, he could replace Snow with Hunter there.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I dont get this move from lou’s pov, was he really that put off by a guy half his age taking his job? He literally, LITERALLY signed up for that........ something strange happened at leafs hq that we don’t know about.

He’s a guy who apparently is the most comfortable running the show. I was always a bit sceptical that he’d be fine with taking a position with less responsibility on the Leafs.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
how the hell does anyone know what LL signed up for 3 years ago ?

Lou was asked 3 year ago at the press conference to announce his hiring about Dubas , he didn't voluntarily bring up his name and he said at his age he wasn't going to be here forever and if Dubas wasn't the GM at that time it's on him .

for some reason people took this to mean LL was only here to mentor KD and it was already predetermined Dubas was guaranteed the job regardless of how he performed when it should have been taken as he needed to earn the job

the funny thing is , if this team was still in the toilet then chances are instead of Shanny announcing KD as the next GM at the end of the season it could have been MLSE kicking the whole lot of them to the curb and looking for a new president on down

so this idea that someone was entitled to the job regardless of how he or the team performed is absurd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad