Confirmed with Link: Lou Going to The Islanders

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013

The only bad part of this is that it means Tavares has a better shot of staying on the Island vs coming here.

Revolt

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto
Happy for him. But still happy Dubas is running the show for us now.

Honestly, would've been nice if he stayed on as a senior advisor.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I was hoping he would stay on as an advisor, but obviously this is a better fit for him.

I'm grateful we had him as long as we did.

kindalaidback

숨 참고 LOVE DIVE
Nov 24, 2017
NYC
hmm, i thought he would stay and fulfill his contract? /s

there have been rumors about him going to the islanders for months now, not surprised to read this.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
He came here for the role he no longer had with NJ, so I can't begrudge him now apparently going to NYI for another great(er) opportunity. NYI is getting some good help with this hire, yet I think we're still in more than capable hands ourselves with our group.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site

The only bad part of this is that it means Tavares has a better shot of staying on the Island vs coming here.

Kinda sucks that they are hiring the one guy who knows all of MLSE strategies when it comes to signing Tavares ... that sucks no doubt.

For NYI it was a very smart investment if it helps them keep Tavares

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

I see no reason why that would be true. Does Lou have some sort of magic wand that he can wave to make NYI relevant quickly?

Happy for him. But still happy Dubas is running the show for us now.

Honestly, would've been nice if he stayed on as a senior advisor.

Yup. Would have been nice but not that big a deal either.

It sounded like Lou was a huge help for Dubas. I'm glad they got someome as great as Lou to help set the stage and pass the torch.

Yup.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
good to see Lou go somewhere thats a better fit. Bad for us because we lose him and Tavares likely re-signs

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
Hunter will be next to move on. Then it will be Shanny and his lap dog Dubas, up the creek without a paddle.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Kinda sucks that they are hiring the one guy who knows all of MLSE strategies when it comes to signing Tavares ... that sucks no doubt.

For NYI it was a very smart investment if it helps them keep Tavares

Or lou wants to start a bidding war for pre july 1st rights
If johnny t wants to come to the leafs and if the leafs trade for him and sign him they can get an extra year
Lou doesnt harbour any hard feelings if anything he should admire shanahan for sticking to a plan

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
He helped turn the culture around here, but as a GM, he made some good moves, some bad ones, and there were a few areas he just didn't come through on

No bearing on what JT will do at all in my mind. But never thought he'd come here anyway

Reactions: bonjovi0308

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->