Rumor: Lots of interest in Kevin Hayes

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
If Columbus could work a Dubinsky/Hayes swap (with considerable adds from the Columbus side, of course) I would be over the moon. Dubinsky’s contract is pretty gross for a competitive team but if the Rangers are entering a considerable rebuild, it’s not so egregious that it would derail their plans. He’s still NHL quality and might even rebound a good bit. But he’s not worth it in Columbus at this point in time, as much as I hate to say it.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
If Columbus could work a Dubinsky/Hayes swap (with considerable adds from the Columbus side, of course) I would be over the moon. Dubinsky’s contract is pretty gross for a competitive team but if the Rangers are entering a considerable rebuild, it’s not so egregious that it would derail their plans. He’s still NHL quality and might even rebound a good bit. But he’s not worth it in Columbus at this point in time, as much as I hate to say it.

If Dubois is not part of this, then I doubt you have the picks or the prospects to make this happen.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Ranger fans is he fast enough to play with Kapanen? because ideally our erd line would be Johnsson/Brown Hayes Kapanen.

Kapanen has speed to burn not many can catch him if he gets away.

Can Hayes keep up?

He was fast enough to play with Grabner… so yes… Hayes isn't fast enough on his skates (though he's not as slow as he looks, big frame, longs strides etc) but he's got a really high IQ so he reads the plays and keeps up with fast skaters that way.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Perfect fit for Columbus
Yeah, he'd be exactly what we need. Unfortunately, I think the Rangers' other needs also consist of things we would begrudge giving up - unless they're willing to do a futures-only deal, and I'd be kind of surprised if they would (what with already having three 1sts and all).

* * *​
If Columbus could work a Dubinsky/Hayes swap (with considerable adds from the Columbus side, of course) I would be over the moon.

Oy gevalt. Yeah, no way they go for that. Dubinsky as a throw-in, maybe, and if we bribe them heavily, but as is we'd need a different centerpiece.

* * *​
If Dubois is not part of this, then I doubt you have the picks or the prospects to make this happen.

Don't be absurd. Yes, that was an atrocious base suggestion, but this is far, far worse. You don't have the right to ask for our #1C.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
If Flames are in for Hayes then i'd want any trade to be built around Rasmus Andersson for Kevin Hayes, add where needed. I much prefer Andersson to Fox, both because i Think he's better but also because of the whole Harvard thing.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Don't be absurd. Yes, that was an atrocious base suggestion, but this is far, far worse. You don't have the right to ask for our #1C.

OK, Who are some of your top prospects? I don't think you have too many, if you would I wouldn't mind Hayes for Dubinsky plus prospects/picks.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Fox would have to come back in a deal for Hayes but I'd ask for a bit more. Hayes is a top 6 forward.

What is the more?
Fox is a big add; he's more likely to sign with NYR in comparison to Calgary (That right side is atrocious to get into).

Calgary can't move too many picks; what else is NY looking for?

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
If Flames are in for Hayes then i'd want any trade to be built around Rasmus Andersson for Kevin Hayes, add where needed. I much prefer Andersson to Fox, both because i Think he's better but also because of the whole Harvard thing.

Flames can't afford to move Rasmus at this time. He'll make the NHL jump this season, and he'll make someone like Mike Stone expendable. I know you have to give to get, but we'd open up a hole with that trade.

Calgary's really more interested in a trade for Fox with some adds. His value is that of a first rounder.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
OK, Who are some of your top prospects? I don't think you have too many, if you would I wouldn't mind Hayes for Dubinsky plus prospects/picks.
No true blue-chippers, but a few decent folks. Abramov and Davidsson come to mind on the wing, Texier and Stenlund at C, Carlsson and Gavrikov on D, Merzlikins and Tarasov in net. Actual availability varies, naturally.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

I'm not sure putting Dubinsky in the mix would make the necessary adds all that palatable for the Jackets. In all honesty, I'm not sure the Rangers would be all that excited for a Dubinsky reunion either.

What's the need for Hayes in Columbus anyway? I thought PLD and Wennberg was looking like a pretty good one-two down the middle?

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
Hayes + 28 for Andersson and Bennett would be the ask most likely but I'm not sure if Calgary is ready to sell low on Bennet yet. Rangers are rumored to really like Fox but if we are moving one of our firsts I would want more.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'm not sure putting Dubinsky in the mix would make the necessary adds all that palatable for the Jackets. In all honesty, I'm not sure the Rangers would be all that excited for a Dubinsky reunion either.

What's the need for Hayes in Columbus anyway? I thought PLD and Wennberg was looking like a pretty good one-two down the middle?
Dubinsky's middle-6 days look pretty much done, and Sedlak can't handle that kind of duty, so we need another middle-6 C. (That and there's plenty of folks who hate Wennberg with a passion because OMG NO GOALS, but that's a side issue.)

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Dubinsky's middle-6 days look pretty much done, and Sedlak can't handle that kind of duty, so we need another middle-6 C. (That and there's plenty of folks who hate Wennberg with a passion because OMG NO GOALS, but that's a side issue.)

Ah, I see. That makes sense.

Still not sure I see something viable where the Jackets send Dubi back in the deal. Though I'm sure the Rangers have a better handle on your system than I do.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Flames can't afford to move Rasmus at this time. He'll make the NHL jump this season, and he'll make someone like Mike Stone expendable. I know you have to give to get, but we'd open up a hole with that trade.

Calgary's really more interested in a trade for Fox with some adds. His value is that of a first rounder.

That's understandable. Fox worries me about because of the Harvard thing, so definitely would have to be an agreement done with him (his agent) first or a conditional pick if he goes FA in there… And also Another add, some kind of forward prospect i guess.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016

Start with another player or the considerable adds, there is no interest in trading for Dubinsky. Zero with Hayes being involved. Hayes slots in as our #2 right now. Anything short of seriously addressing a need is an unacceptable proposal. Our needs: top tier defensemen, top 6 winger, #2 center if we trade Hayes. My opinion is that he is not moved or even being considered to be moved.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Dubi + #18 + Texier for Hayes ... I'd do it.

With all the ELC's on the team, 3 year cap hits are definitely in play. It's just a space holder for all those RFA contracts 3 years from now along with Hank, Smith, Staal, Shatty contracts that end that year.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Dubi isn't coming back in any Hayes trade. That ship has sailed.

I value Hayes somewhere from picks #10-12. If we're trading him, I'd want something of that value coming back, whether it's a pick, player, or combination for that value. I understand why other teams might not feel the same way, 2C/3C depending on the team, but he's an important part of our team and has gotten much better.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC

I would imagine that in a scenario like this, Dubinsky would not be the main piece going back to the Rangers. He might be a secondary add, but not the primary asset.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad