Rumor: Lots of interest in Kevin Hayes

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
per Larry Brooks
Chances are that if the Rangers make a substantial move leading into Friday’s first round of the entry draft in Dallas, it will involve Kevin Hayes. Multiple sources report the 26-year-old impending Group II free-agent center has attracted significant interest from around the league as general manager Jeff Gorton sifts through various scenarios both connected to and independent of improving the club’s ninth-overall position.
https://nypost.com/2018/06/16/insid...medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
25 goals, 44 points in 17/18 season.
Will probably get somewhere between 4 and 5 million*4 or 5 years. Solid center who plays all situations, got limited pp minutes in NY.

If that money term is correct people will want him.

How does he use his frame ? A hard f***er to knock off the puck, or does he under utilize it ? I believe he's not very physical outside the playoffs?

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018

How does he use his frame ? A hard ****er to knock off the puck, or does he under utilize it ? I believe he's not very physical outside the playoffs?

I think a good coach can make him play more physical, he can hit, but he doesn't do it as often as you would hope. And being so big and strong and rangy he is really hard to knock off the puck or his feet.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
You lost me at “Per Larry Brooks”.

Brooksie get more info from Gorton than anyone else.

Think its a typical test baloon by Gorts, most likely he aren't willing to deal Hayes. Sure Rangers have farm depth at center, but what if like Ziba gets a concussion early next season? Are we supposed to play with 4 rookies from 1-4 if Hayes is traded?

Hayes has turned into a very impressing player. They are similar in style, but I think he reminds me of were Blake Wheeler was when Boston traded Wheeler. Hayes is unique with how well he protects the puck and his reach, and this year he has certainly added a grinding side to his game. Have been good on FO that was a weakness before and scored a lot of goals.

Think Gorton will want to hold on to him, unless someone really blows him away with a top offer.

Reactions: egelband and Lays

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015

How does he use his frame ? A hard ****er to knock off the puck, or does he under utilize it ? I believe he's not very physical outside the playoffs?
Teams should be interested, he is a very solid player.
I think he still has a good amount of offensive potential. Put him on a line with a good winger and he could really produce offensively imo.
He could be a good fit in Calgary, play him with Gaudreau for example. They played together in college and had great chemistry.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
25 goals with basically zero pp time. Played really good defensive hockey as well garnering the hardest matchups. would have scored 30 plus easy if he received any kind of pp time but if you read about him on most hf posts he's barely a 3C

Reactions: egelband and Lays

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
He loves to carry the puck, sometimes to the point of frustration because he'll try to do too much. It's why he and Zuccs didn't click well--both like to carry the puck. Typically a pass-first player, though he was shooting more this season. He likes to skate in and then curl. You'll see that a lot.

Very hard to knock off the puck. Give him a goal-scoring winger who can be fed passes to finish and his offense will increase.

Reactions: egelband

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Wouldn't mind him in Calgary. Give the Flames another middle 6 C option, or slot him on the RW.

Gaudreau - Monahan - Hayes
Tkachuk - Backlund - Ferland
Bennett - Jankowski - Frolik

or

Gaudreau - Monahan - Ferland
Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik
Bennett - Jankowski/Hayes - Hayes/???

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

Not a banger, but shields the puck very well. A very poor man's Joe Thornton ability to shield the puck.

Solid playmaker that became a very good all around player last year (his best season as a pro) despite his lower numbers.

I'd much rather the Rangers keep him for 3rd line duties

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Wouldn't mind him in Calgary. Give the Flames another middle 6 C option, or slot him on the RW.

Gaudreau - Monahan - Hayes
Tkachuk - Backlund - Ferland
Bennett - Jankowski - Frolik

or

Gaudreau - Monahan - Ferland
Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik
Bennett - Jankowski/Hayes - Hayes/???

Hes been crap as a winger in the NHL.

Much better at Center

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Rangers center depth without Hayes is

Zibanejad
Nieves

2 guys who aren't centers but can play the position if they have to (Namestnikov/Spooner)

3 unproven prospects (Chytil/Andersson/Howden)

Trading Hayes is a bad idea.

Would help the rangers suck if that's their intention.

Then again it's going to be hard to really suck when Lundqvist is your goalie. He'll win games on his own.

Reactions: 780il

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Perfect fit for the leafs due to age + position.

I'd offer the leafs 1st straight up

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Would help the rangers suck if that's their intention.

Then again it's going to be hard to really suck when Lundqvist is your goalie. He'll win games on his own.

I'm not too concerned with the Rangers sucking or not sucking over the next couple of years - I'm much more concerned with slowing/ruining Chytil/Andersson/Howden's development by giving them minutes and responsibilities they're not ready for.

Reactions: bl02

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad