Rumor: Lots of interest in Kevin Hayes

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Colorado to center the 2nd line behind MacKinnon, maybe? Keep Jost on wing as he finds his game in the NHL.

Or as Leafs 3rd line center/2nd line W to replace Bozak/JVR

Reactions: Optimus Reim

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
What would the ask be? What is NYR looking for?
He is NOT available.
Of course, almost every player can be had if there is enough on the table, but there is no reason for another club to give NYR so much so they can part with an asset who is scarce depth wise at position of need.

Reactions: egelband

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Rangers center depth without Hayes is

Zibanejad
Nieves

2 guys who aren't centers but can play the position if they have to (Namestnikov/Spooner)

3 unproven prospects (Chytil/Andersson/Howden)

Trading Hayes is a bad idea.

are we trying to win a Cup or make the playoffs? NO, we need to break those 3 unproven centers in NHL. We also might receive additional centers from trades draft and UFAs

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Wouldn't mind him in Calgary. Give the Flames another middle 6 C option, or slot him on the RW.

Gaudreau - Monahan - Hayes
Tkachuk - Backlund - Ferland
Bennett - Jankowski - Frolik

or

Gaudreau - Monahan - Ferland
Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik
Bennett - Jankowski/Hayes - Hayes/???
Trust me, you don’t want him on the wing. Usually C’s can translate well to wing but not in Hayes’ case. Other than that, I think he has potential to be a really good 2C. Great defensively and if he gets more PP time I wouldn’t be surprised to see 55-60 points. He improved tremendously this year, I hope we keep him

Reactions: egelband

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I'm not sure if it's the best idea to have 3 rookie centermen in the lineup all at once. You need good (or at least competent) players to help ease them in.

it is fine AV is no longer here to ruin them.

Also Howden will likely start in AHL. the other 2 can also play wing.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Trust me, you don’t want him on the wing. Usually C’s can translate well to wing but not in Hayes’ case. Other than that, I think he has potential to be a really good 2C. Great defensively and if he gets more PP time I wouldn’t be surprised to see 55-60 points. He improved tremendously this year, I hope we keep him

Poor man's Ryan O'Reilly?

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Perfect fit for the leafs due to age + position.

I'd offer the leafs 1st straight up
Very tempting and would think about it if the Rangers didn't have 3 picks in this years first round but would probably have to pass especially leafs pick is mid 20's

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I'm not too concerned with the Rangers sucking or not sucking over the next couple of years - I'm much more concerned with slowing/ruining Chytil/Andersson/Howden's development by giving them minutes and responsibilities they're not ready for.

Bingo! We've seen how young players have been rushed and didn't develop properly. All about development now and mentoring thats the bigger picture.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Rangers center depth without Hayes is

Zibanejad
Nieves

2 guys who aren't centers but can play the position if they have to (Namestnikov/Spooner)

3 unproven prospects (Chytil/Andersson/Howden)

Trading Hayes is a bad idea.

I'm not sure Nieves is an NHL player at this point. He didn't look terrible as 4C but......28 games is not enough to make that assessment either way.

JohnnyO

Aug 10, 2008
He is NOT available.
Of course, almost every player can be had if there is enough on the table, but there is no reason for another club to give NYR so much so they can part with an asset who is scarce depth wise at position of need.
I hear you, I just meant if the report was correct what kind of deal would you want?/ What would be his expected return?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad