Rumor: Lots of interest in Kevin Hayes

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Trust me, you don’t want him on the wing. Usually C’s can translate well to wing but not in Hayes’ case.
I think they tried him as a LW rather than his comfortable RW though, you also don't have a Gaudreau for him to play with in NY either, In case you forgot, the Gaudreau/Arnold/Hayes line at BC was the highest NCAA scoring line in 25 years with 198 points in 40 games. I would be willing to bet he would easily set new highs playing RW with Gaudreau/Monahan.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
maybe, but Jenner is a solid player that we can later trade if we want for a good return as well.

What does Chytil have to do with it? who is trading Chytil or Andersson? And Zib is not getting traded any time soon either.

We should keep Hayes, Chytil going forward
There is overpayment available during a great draft, so we listen on Zib.

B'c he is ready available day 1, if we get enough, I say trade Andy also.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Count me in on the Jenner+1st <-> Hayes+Vesey swap. Good work everyone!

Panarin-Dubois-Atkinson
Foligno-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Milano-Hayes-Anderson
Vesey-Dubinsky-Sedlak/Davidsson/etc

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
How is Jenner's defensive game? can he kill penalties?
Hypothetically, but he was more of a "first backup guy" rather than a regular. Our primary PK forwards this past year were Calvert, Atkinson, Dubinsky, and Foligno; Jenner is #5 behind them in PK TOI but by a fairly sizeable margin. It's not bad per se, but it's not a selling point.

Reactions: bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Not saying its a fair deal but i'm tentative to make it as a Rangers fan. Plus I know I'm probably in the minority (unless its a steal of a trade...this one seems to be equal value) I don't think its good practice to trade two guys who could have chosen multiple teams but instead chose to play in NY.

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016
I think they tried him as a LW rather than his comfortable RW though, you also don't have a Gaudreau for him to play with in NY either, In case you forgot, the Gaudreau/Arnold/Hayes line at BC was the highest NCAA scoring line in 25 years with 198 points in 40 games. I would be willing to bet he would easily set new highs playing RW with Gaudreau/Monahan.

That’s incorrect they tried him at RW. And take it from fans who watched him he is not a winger. He played it in college yes, but he is a center now. Any time he was tried on the wing it was abysmal.

Klaus3154

Apr 22, 2018
New York
Hayes,9 and 26 to mtl for 3 ? Rangers get their pick after the big 2. MTL still can likely get Hayton at 9....

I wouldn’t trade Hayes and 9oa for 3oa much less throw in 26oa as well. Looks like 3-10 could be interchangeable so no need to trade that many assets to move up. There will be great quality available at 9oa for the Rangers

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Hayes,9 and 26 to mtl for 3 ? Rangers get their pick after the big 2. MTL still can likely get Hayton at 9....
Realistically, the pressure to get a savior in MTL with this pick makes it almost impossible for them to move back unless they have put the word out that they not only traded back but also got the guy they would have licked at 3. Trading back to 9 is not much of an option and Kevin Hayes and the 26th is not enough to quell the mob and even the scales.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad