Rumor: "Lots of guys available (via trade)" per GR

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Fowler and Lindholm are both fantastic I just don't know if we have the assets to get them or are willing to give those asset sup

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
With Ferland asking for 7M and not willing to go below 5,2M

4,1M for Bjugstad seems fairly reasonable and movable.
If he’s asking for 7 million he’s an idiot. He’s a complimentary player albeit a fantastic one that is extremely versatile.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
I've stayed off the boards this season for a few different reasons. Come back to see "is Huberdeau / Huberdeau's work ethic part of the problem? Maybe trade Huberdeau?" Ok, that was nice, time to stop reading HFboards again. Also why tf is trading Matheson a good idea at his lowest value when our defense is a major issue and we need potential top pair/top 4 defensemen at all costs??

Ok, bye now.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I've stayed off the boards this season for a few different reasons. Come back to see "is Huberdeau / Huberdeau's work ethic part of the problem? Maybe trade Huberdeau?" Ok, that was nice, time to stop reading HFboards again. Also why tf is trading Matheson a good idea at his lowest value when our defense is a major issue and we need potential top pair/top 4 defensemen at all costs?? Ok, bye now.
I'm not advocating for this, but selling high on Huberdeau could be an idea to bring a top pairing dman.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
I've stayed off the boards this season for a few different reasons. Come back to see "is Huberdeau / Huberdeau's work ethic part of the problem? Maybe trade Huberdeau?" Ok, that was nice, time to stop reading HFboards again. Also why tf is trading Matheson a good idea at his lowest value when our defense is a major issue and we need potential top pair/top 4 defensemen at all costs??

Ok, bye now.

its not with matheson.. i guess the hope is we could get someone that covets the good matheson... who will pay the price we want

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
From the GR article.

Honestly, Tallon is right about them not being far away.

The forwards are fine. Maybe a little more depth but bringing Tro back moves Vatrano back down and he's a great 3rd line player.

We need 1-2 pieces on defense and a capable goaltender. Not even an amazing goaltender, just one that can stop at a .910 save % give or take. Hell maybe we could get Brian Elliott from Philly for dirt cheap.

Literally anyone who can stop a puck even half decently would improve this team immensely.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Honestly, Tallon is right about them not being far away.

The forwards are fine. Maybe a little more depth but bringing Tro back moves Vatrano back down and he's a great 3rd line player.

We need 1-2 pieces on defense and a capable goaltender. Not even an amazing goaltender, just one that can stop at a .910 save % give or take. Hell maybe we could get Brian Elliott from Philly for dirt cheap.

Literally anyone who can stop a puck even half decently would improve this team immensely.
Brian Elliot is pretty terrible. Other than that I agree with pretty much everything.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Fowler is good but he’s like Matheson. Not as bad but he has those moments in with brilliance. Lindholm would be a a dream.
I’d imagine that’d be like trocheck + denisenko/Tippett just to get their interest. But that’d be amazing, him on the 1st with yandle on the 2nd

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Are we sure he wouldn’t be the same? We don’t have a good defensive system. He is also not a good goalie.
Sure of it? Of course not. But goaltending has been such garbage that it feels like; "I've tried nothing and I'm all out of idea".

If Elliott can be added for next to nothing, you do it and you send Reimer down. There's no drawback even if Elliott plays like garbage (unless we pay a lot for him).

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Sure of it? Of course not. But goaltending has been such garbage that it feels like; "I've tried nothing and I'm all out of idea".

If Elliott can be added for next to nothing, you do it and you send Reimer down. There's no drawback even if Elliott plays like garbage (unless we pay a lot for him).
That’s the thing though. For me Elliot has always been a systems goalie. And I can’t even say for a fact he’d be better than what we have. I almost feel he’d be worse...

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton

Send reimer down. Lol guess you completely ignore factors like
Money that ownership likely wouldn’t approve.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Matheson, Borgström.
Yandle, Pysyk
Wideman Hawryluk (AHL to package)

Player who get dealt.
Most likely
Brouwer, Kiselevich, Pysyk, Bjugstad, Reimer, vatrano

Matheson if someone is willed, most unliked would be Malgin,

Would be my Top 6 and 2 extra.

But after i read your 5 namens not sure how serious you was anyway and if you maybe some troll.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Player who get dealt.
Most likely
Brouwer, Kiselevich, Pysyk, Bjugstad, Reimer, vatrano

Matheson if someone is willed, most unliked would be Malgin,

Would be my Top 6 and 2 extra.

But after i read your 5 namens not sure how serious you was anyway and if you maybe some troll.
Why Vatrano?
Yandle has full no-move clauses. Lugano has a five-team trade list through his modified no-trade clause. They can always waive them if the offer is decent and they agree on the terms.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Why Vatrano?

Same as Pirri 1 Way Player and like to play under the Skin, even its not needed and only provocate. He tryed to be a Line 1 Member or so he was played and was complete wrong placed.
He has a good shot but cant play a good pass, and maybe a bit more physical then the other young once.
He played with Barkov and Dadonov on his Line his own Chip&Chase Game. While Dadonov and Barkov like to skate into the Zone and has passing Game.
And like March better when you set him up only difference Marchessault and Pirri hs the better Shots.

Oh i forgot someone on my List McCann. Young one, but the max you get out of him is to be 3rd Line PK Player who can redirect, can play chip chase and do some Boardwork and a little bit forecheck.
But his Game Off the Puck lag, scoreing lags, Offensive play overall lags.

When you could fuse McCann and vatrano you would get a Top Line Player out of it. :D

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
It's just when i see certain players continuously making the same mistake, I chalk it up to coaching. Be it not catching on and working with tbe player or pairing them with a piece that keeps his tendencies from being too much.

Or benching him instead of the guy who isnt making those mistakes.
Accountibility.

Reactions: CHGoalie27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad