Rumor: "Lots of guys available (via trade)" per GR

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I don't care if Kis goes, the coach isn't playing him anyway. Same with Pysyk, who in the end cares?

In the end these guys won't fetch much at all, certainly not enough to address key problems.

You have to much a guy like Hoffman or Dadonov to get something significant back otherwise these moves won't do ****.

Personally I prefer keeping Dadonov since he's a more complete player and his UFA contract won't be as long and rich as Hoffman's.
Here's an actual bias, as a Panther fan that might lose one of the better Dmen we have, I want Bogdan to get traded to the NYR. @Chaos2k7

@klabob maybe i took your one comment a bit too personally, but maybe I have reason to...

Reactions: Chaos2k7

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I think also the mention of Huberdeau being tired of wasteing Time Outside of the PO. Could be the first sign he really start to think about requesting a trade out of Florida, to get some PO sight.
They speak so often about it and missed it more then once and then nothign getting done following Years. I think a Player who is one the Way to another 60+ Point Season, nothing wrong with that thought.

i wouldnt be surprised if the Panthers miss PO once again, if he ask for get tradeing out of Florida and into a PO Team.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Of all the non top 4 guys, he is my favorite too, better defensively and better offensively.

Dale is out to lunch.
I think we're all the bad luck guy.

I still wouldn't be thrilled to get rid of anybody. Not the coaches, either goalie, Matheson, or any other. I'd only like to add Q.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I think we're all the bad luck guy.

I still wouldn't be thrilled to get rid of anybody. Not the coaches, either goalie, Matheson, or any other. I'd only like to add Q.

Or atleast a veteran Coach who is willed to come here and work and handle with all the Talent we have here. Then we wouldnt waste time playing with Player who should on the Bench and not on the Ice.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Or atleast a veteran Coach who is willed to come here and work and handle with all the Talent we have here. Then we wouldnt waste time playing with Player who should on the Bench and not on the Ice.
It's just when i see certain players continuously making the same mistake, I chalk it up to coaching. Be it not catching on and working with tbe player or pairing them with a piece that keeps his tendencies from being too much.

Or benching him instead of the guy who isnt making those mistakes.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
I think also the mention of Huberdeau being tired of wasteing Time Outside of the PO. Could be the first sign he really start to think about requesting a trade out of Florida, to get some PO sight.
They speak so often about it and missed it more then once and then nothign getting done following Years. I think a Player who is one the Way to another 60+ Point Season, nothing wrong with that thought.

i wouldnt be surprised if the Panthers miss PO once again, if he ask for get tradeing out of Florida and into a PO Team.
Huberdeau for Bobrovsky

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
There is one thing that bothered me about Huby this summer, and I don’t know if anyone else noticed it. He posted his time in Canada over the summer, working out, hanging with friends, going places, etc., but what bugged me was that when a lot of the players came in earlier before camp, to get ready for the season, Huby was still enjoying his time with his friends. I’m not saying that he didn’t want to be here, but it was just disappointing to see a lot of our young leaders come in early to get a head start, including newly acquired Hoffman, and Huby comes back right before camp starts.

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
From the GR article.
Isn't this what I've been saying since it was clear the goaltending wasn't working this season? The only real assets the team has are the offensive ones it's taken the Panthers 20 years to put together at one time. I did suggest moving Hoffman (not that I wanted to, mind you, just being utilitarian about it) while his value is at the highest point in his career in order to land a legit #1 goalie to save the season...but that was about 2 months ago. Now I'm all for looking at the draft and free agency and anyone willing to move a goalie/top-4 defenseman for prospects or picks (gotta look at salary cap teams there). It's not an ideal situation, that none of the Panthers goalie prospects have panned out, save for Markstrom whom they traded to get Lu back when Lu was still good and Markstrom wasn't ready for the big game. Hindsight's 20/20, so I can't second guess past decisions. But everyone knew Luongo was getting older, and last year Reimer showed he wasn't a great goalie through the first half of the season. He shaped up when pushed by a rookie halfway through the season, but the rules change should've set up alarm bells for this season and Tallon should have been pro-active in the offseason. But maybe there wasn't anything there, who knows. I'm not in his front office.

Anyway, at this point I just want SOME news. There's been nothing, day after day, and when the season's been this miserable, and the team's on a losing streak, you keep expecting to hear something with every loss...and yet, nothing.

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
There is one thing that bothered me about Huby this summer, and I don’t know if anyone else noticed it. He posted his time in Canada over the summer, working out, hanging with friends, going places, etc., but what bugged me was that when a lot of the players came in earlier before camp, to get ready for the season, Huby was still enjoying his time with his friends. I’m not saying that he didn’t want to be here, but it was just disappointing to see a lot of our young leaders come in early to get a head start, including newly acquired Hoffman, and Huby comes back right before camp starts.
That said, Huby is the one who took the biggest step during this season, pushing himself to become more of a multi-point producer and get over that 1.0ppg mark which usually is the limit on Panthers forwards. I've no complaints this season about Huby, Barkov, Dads, Hoffman, Yandle, or even Troch (not his fault he got injured). Vatrano's also been good, but maybe still look to deal him while his value is likely high and he could yield a decent #3-4 defenseman. As far as players that didn't want to be here, from what I read that was the big knock on Petro and why he got traded, that his heart wasn't in the game this season.

And for the record...again...I'm not in the trade Matheson bandwagon. Use him properly, get him a proper defensive partner. I like the offense he's generating, seen too many Panthers teams hamstrung by defensemen who didn't have enough scoring mentality to help the attack.

Last edited:

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany

And is still one of our best Players on the Team. If he would be bad like the last Ekblad Year, Overweight notin shape, then i would agree with you.
But when you get back and in the middle of the Season you are still a Point per Game Player, its obvious not on you. Some Players do everything so automatic during PreSeason, sometimes get a bit more free Time and feel happy and fresh comeing back to Camp can be something Important.
When you are new to a Team like Hoffman you wanna get a first look and introduceing to the other Players on the Team, i think that is the ususal Way.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I wonder if we could trade for one of the Ducks dmen; Manson, Lindholm, Fowler. Any of them would be a great addition imo.
I'm sure not how deep the Ducks want to sell for their tank though.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
And for the record...again...I'm not in the trade Matheson bandwagon. Use him properly, get him a proper defensive partner. I like the offense he's generating, seen too many Panthers teams hamstrung by defensemen who didn't have enough scoring mentality to help the attack.

But giving hima good partner or better Partner, i thought Pysyk did much better this Season, dont take the personal mistakes Away. His problem this Season, last Season and it become now a Team Problem are those personal mistakes in the own Zone.
Specific the passes east to west in the own Zone or stopping plays. Sorry when you stop skating in the own Zone and give room, time, space a opposite Player. You are should definetly not on a NHL ice. Where each Battle, is important no Room and Time to give up. And that now his second Season with those Mistakes. He is young, but this is also professional Sport, where you have usual no much Room for mistakes.

I could bring up an example fro NFL, where the kicker missed his Goal 6 times and he was kicked out of the Roster. So for Hockey Players they could be happy, that something like this cant happen.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I apologize, I didn't mean to do that.
Accepted. I wont deny sometimeshaving to apologize for the same shit.

The truth is none of us know why they, after adding Mike f***ing Hoffman, didn't pick up where they left off as far as dominating everyone goes.

The only ones who weren't to blame, the goal scorers, and even they are now trying their best to join the others instead getting the others to join them.

You're arguing the grass is green, we're arguing the sky is blue. Whole f***ing thing is gray. Dammit anyway.

Reactions: klabob

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I wonder if we could trade for one of the Ducks dmen; Manson, Lindholm, Fowler. Any of them would be a great addition imo.

On average their top4 dmen are just hitting their prime which means that they will be catering to that d-core at all cost i.e. trading a lot of their youngsters to get 24-28yo proven goal scorers. I'm not sure what Bob Murray is doing over there but it's pretty much foregone conclusion that their problem is that they don't score. With the parity in the league and while Ducks are on the bottom with the Cats, I don't see neither the Cats or the Ducks moving any significant roster players.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Would like to try and acquire Connor Brown from Toronto...maybe send them Pysyk? Would like to see what he can do beside Trocheck or Borgstrom. I think he has some offensive upside, but he's buried behind a deep Toronto top 9.

If not Brown, maybe Kapanen or Johnsson?

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Lindholm realistically isn’t going anywhere but Fowler, Manson and Montour could potentially be had. All of which would be great additions.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Lindholm realistically isn’t going anywhere but Fowler, Manson and Montour could potentially be had. All of which would be great additions.
Fowler is good but he’s like Matheson. Not as bad but he has those moments in with brilliance. Lindholm would be a a dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad