Rumor: "Lots of guys available (via trade)" per GR

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Seems like you are still talking about Nick but he got the current deal he has after riding shotgun one season with Huby. LOL

We hand out preemptive contract extensions like candy on Halloween

Sometimes good sometimes bad,

The difference between Bjugstad and Smith is marginal for me. Both are complimentary players.
Bjugstad would have hit 60pts to match Smith's career high if he was with Barkov all year. Otherwise they are both middle 6 players capable of 40-50pts.

People saying Bjugstad is injured too much, well Smith missed 15 games last year and now on the IR with a mystery injury and doesnt look to be close to coming back or hitting another 50-60pt season.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Smith was actually really good defensively though. It was never a myth because he won a couple of board battles.

And Bjugstad isnt that bad defensively as well, he's pretty good at the forecheck too . He showed that last year.
I think most people miss Smith because he had the most chemistry out of all the players to play with Trocheck.

Thats all I'll say about it. Dont want to derail the thread.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Doubt anything major happens. Nobody is going to really trade us what we need for a reasonable price and Tallon rarely overpays. I don't really disagree with this either.

Obviously we need a goalie. I don't want bob, but not sure what other viable alternatives we have. Give monty a try this season and see what comes available in the offseason, no need to rush for a goalie now that season is done.

Same on d. Obviously need help there but will be expensive mid-season. Offload pysyk and bog (not that I want to, but no way he re-signs) and see what we have with macdonald and mccoshen.

Forwards we need quality depth which again we won't get now. I'd like to keep brouwer but he's a good trade chip and his salary probably goes up next season. I'd keep barkov, hubs, hoff, dads, bjug, tro, borg, maybe sceviour. These guys can do better next year if surrounded properly. Sell the rest if there's interest.

Wish we would get a new coach but unless we lose something like 15 straight, I don't think it's happening. If it was, would have happened already. If they tallon/ownership has any sense, they throw money at coach q before this core is wasted. But I think our owners are too cheap and coach q may not want to join this mess.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I don't care if Kis goes, the coach isn't playing him anyway. Same with Pysyk, who in the end cares?

In the end these guys won't fetch much at all, certainly not enough to address key problems.

You have to much a guy like Hoffman or Dadonov to get something significant back otherwise these moves won't do shit.

Personally I prefer keeping Dadonov since he's a more complete player and his UFA contract won't be as long and rich as Hoffman's.

Reactions: danktopshelf

Anakinsky

Dec 21, 2018
Doubt anything major happens. Nobody is going to really trade us what we need for a reasonable price and Tallon rarely overpays. I don't really disagree with this either.

Obviously we need a goalie. I don't want bob, but not sure what other viable alternatives we have. Give monty a try this season and see what comes available in the offseason, no need to rush for a goalie now that season is done.

Same on d. Obviously need help there but will be expensive mid-season. Offload pysyk and bog (not that I want to, but no way he re-signs) and see what we have with macdonald and mccoshen.

Forwards we need quality depth which again we won't get now. I'd like to keep brouwer but he's a good trade chip and his salary probably goes up next season. I'd keep barkov, hubs, hoff, dads, bjug, tro, borg, maybe sceviour. These guys can do better next year if surrounded properly. Sell the rest if there's interest.

Wish we would get a new coach but unless we lose something like 15 straight, I don't think it's happening. If it was, would have happened already. If they tallon/ownership has any sense, they throw money at coach q before this core is wasted. But I think our owners are too cheap and coach q may not want to join this mess.

I don't think its money, and who knows we have a lot of young talent which Q works well with. Maybe he wants to build another team again ?

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I don't care if Kis goes, the coach isn't playing him anyway. Same with Pysyk, who in the end cares?

In the end these guys won't fetch much at all, certainly not enough to address key problems.

You have to much a guy like Hoffman or Dadonov to get something significant back otherwise these moves won't do ****.

Personally I prefer keeping Dadonov since he's a more complete player and his UFA contract won't be as long and rich as Hoffman's.
Also older and more risk to extend.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
I don’t think anyone would take Bjugstad. That’s just me.
Someone trading for Bjugstad is going to be a GM that wanted him at the draft, missed out on him, has seen him play well here at times and will take a shot on him. I know, super specific. Which is why I think he stays.

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
Is Yandle untouchable? I haven’t heard his name much in trade talk.. I figure with the season he’s having he’d fetch us the most, and I’d like to trade him while his value is so high.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
We could use some toughness in our lineup, but quality toughness not just tough for the sake of being stronger. They have to be good players too obviously. But we’re a really small team.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
They’re saying Kasperi Kapanen could be available?

Matheson for Kapanen, get it done. Of course it’s tallon so he won’t trade the guy he just signed but it’s nice to dream

WESEERED

#CatsAreComing
Apr 20, 2012
From the GR article.
What does Tallon have to sell?
He has plenty of players other teams want, only those are the ones he isn’t willing to part with.
So, despite fans shouting on social media for the Panthers to burn things to the ground, expect Tallon and the Panthers to clean up the front yard a bit but not do anything heavy.
The Panthers feel they are close to having a team that can compete; big renovations are not needed.

Reactions: Ratsreign

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Well at least Tallon gets it. Only chance of getting things right is free agency if he won't part with his precious prospects and picks to fix things.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
eh nothing really new. he just describes the scrubs we have available without too much depth or detail. no analysis on needs or potential trading partners or any new news.
It sounds like GR's article for the Atlantic are about as disapointing as the team he's suppose to write about...

They’re saying Kasperi Kapanen could be available?

Matheson for Kapanen, get it done. Of course it’s tallon so he won’t trade the guy he just signed but it’s nice to dream
Kapanen is more valuable than Matheson at the moment. He's in a slump big time and his value is minimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad