Lost in the insanity: Colin Miller

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Miller and McQuaid are pretty redundant though. But it will have to do.

Chara - Trotman
Seidenberg - McQuaid
Krug - Miller

Morrow first call up

That right side is scary. All #6-7s, stay at home with limited or no offense.

Essentially our only offense comes from Krug. Scary to me, with the new NHL being all about smooth transitions from D to O.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
if you read the reactions the first hour or so of the trade their are a lot of Colin Miller fans in that thread- many who watched him....great read anyways on the perception of 'Do It' Donny

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1917087

First thing I did was see the reaction and there were a lotttttt of pissed off people UNTIL they saw the salary retained, once they saw that a lot changed their tune.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
That right side is scary. All #6-7s, stay at home with limited or no offense.

Essentially our only offense comes from Krug. Scary to me, with the new NHL being all about smooth transitions from D to O.

We and Sweeney wantes us to have better/faster D-zone exits and with that group we look a lot lot worse in that, C.Miller would help a lot, Krug can't do it alone.

Looking at C.Millers stats and his skill set I'm starting to feel that he has a true chance to make it next year, he fits so well into Sweeney's plans and he had an amazing AHL year, he has weight, elite skater, elite shot and right handed, just what we need the most.

He has 2 AHL seasons on his CV and with his skating I can't see the transformation being too difficult for him.

Last edited:

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
We and Sweeney wantes us to have better/faster D-zone exits and with that group we look a lot lot worse in that, C.Miller would help a lot, Krug can't do it alone.

Looking at C.Millers stats and his skill set I'm starting to feel that he has a true chance to make it next year, he fits so well into Sweeney's plans and he had an amazing AHL year, he has weight, elite skater, elite shot and right handed, just what we need the most.

He has 2 AHL seasons on his CV and with his skating I can't see the transformation being too difficult for him.

and his cap hit is like 602k or something like that.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Thank you, CV term gets used a lot here in europe.

and his cap hit is like 602k or something like that.

Oh man that's just beautiful, I'm starting to get confident that he is going to win 1 of those roster spots, just have a feeling that Miller ends up being a huge steal for us, that speed+shot will be deadly compination.

edit: seems like he has 1year left with .602M and after that RFA.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Oh man that's just beautiful, I'm starting to get confident that he is going to win 1 of those roster spots, just have a feeling that Miller ends up being a huge steal for us, that speed+shot will be deadly compination.

edit: seems like he has 1year left with .602M and after that RFA.

Out of the 8 defenseman in the running for spots at the moment (assuming this Franson stuff isn't real..but it might be) only C. Miller and Morrow can be sent to the AHL.

If you sign Franson, there has to be another move or else C. Miller AND Morrow start the year in Rhode Island.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Out of the 8 defenseman in the running for spots at the moment (assuming this Franson stuff isn't real..but it might be) only C. Miller and Morrow can be sent to the AHL.

If you sign Franson, there has to be another move or else C. Miller AND Morrow start the year in Rhode Island.

seids out?

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Gotta like C Miller's skill set. Fast, hard accurate shot, "a bit of nasty" to his game.

The more I think of it, the more I don't mind giving him and Morrow and K Miller lots of looks this season. And Trotman too for that matter. The B's brass said they're all for giving young players ice time, so...

I don't think K Miller is redundant, given the McQuaid extension. You need steady, tough stay-at-home types just like you need smooth-skating puck carriers, first-passers. K Miller looks like he may be a keeper, and Seids ain't getting any younger. Nor Chara for that matter.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Colin Miller was second in points for defensemen with 54 and tied in goals with 19, he also had 12 points in 20 playoff games and was a plus 2 en route to a Manchester cup

Excited to see what he can do this year

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Be cool if he ends up better then Hamilton :P

Well he has a better shot/skating than Hamilton and has been developing nicely, + he has nastiness in his game :handclap:

I hope he gets his chance next year, give him time to find his game so he can be a force 2016- when we go cup hunting.

FROMSHORETOCHARA

Jul 2, 2009
I hates traded Lucic but this kid has an intriguing reputed skill set. I'm very interest to see him play and a little curious as to why he didn't play in la last year when they seemed like they could have used him. but fast, mobile, chippy, and righty shot is EXATLY what we need. If he can play at all he is gonna get every chance to make it. We desperately need what folks say he has.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
Well he has a better shot/skating than Hamilton and has been developing nicely, + he has nastiness in his game :handclap:

I hope he gets his chance next year, give him time to find his game so he can be a force 2016- when we go cup hunting.

i havent heard of him being nasty at all? where did you hear this

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
It sounds like Miller was the Kings' second-ranked defenseman prospect (and fifth overall): http://mayorsmanor.com/2015/01/la-kings-2014-15-midseason-prospect-rankings-the-top-5/.

This was from January and he developed nicely through the entire season,

On the power play, he has been a lethal weapon for the Monarchs, threatening to score nearly every time he chooses to shoot, rather than pass. Perhaps even more important than his offensive growth are the steps he’s taken in his own zone, where he is much more responsible now. Miller also has that uber confidence all great players have. He thinks he can do whatever, whenever on the ice. Drew Doughty and Slava Voynov play with that same swagger.[/B]

Man I wish he has a great pre season. C.Miller is our secret Hamilton replacement and other teams will be surprised :laugh:

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
i havent heard of him being nasty at all? where did you hear this

Been reading all the C.Miller threads here, this, La's, trade thread on the main page, google and I could swear some fans have said he has a bit of nastiness in his game, but I may be wrong, but hopefully he has that.

Old Time Sauce

Oct 8, 2008
Trade kind of reminds me of when we got boychuk. Boychuk wasnt 24 or maybe 25 till he cracked the lineup. Played a year in providence and won dman of the year. Maybe miller can follow? Put up a huge year in the AHL. If theres any comparable its they both have bombs from the point.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Trade kind of reminds me of when we got boychuk. Boychuk wasnt 24 or maybe 25 till he cracked the lineup. Played a year in providence and won dman of the year. Maybe miller can follow? Put up a huge year in the AHL. If theres any comparable its they both have bombs from the point.

Thats the one thing im excited about, a Colin Rocket from the point finding the back of the new with sheer brutality

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00