Post-Game Talk: | Loss | Series 3-2 Pens | Tough one, hope Sid is okay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I think we agree about Domingue?
Uh, I was referring to this comment from Big Dummy, which I disagree with…

- I still maintain that Domingue's been fine for what he is; a journeyman AHL goalie. If he can play like he has, even with the pretty much guaranteed 3-4 goals, that's a win. Barring utter collapse, he'll give the team a chance to win

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
so where do i deliver my 20lbs of dog crap (I have a couple really big dogs)
dear gary bettman, this is what i think of no discipline on trouba.
sincerly a fan of following the actual rules in the rule book
aka not a fan of goonery

1652386703660.png

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Pens are gonna be fired up tomorrow. Hopefully it is enough.

The kind of game Hornqvist would definitely score in. Who’s gonna be the guy?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
The thing that boggles my mind is why these suspensions seem to be based on what the "intent" was. Honestly, why is that even a consideration? Maybe in terms of length of suspension, but why is it a consideration when it comes to whether it should be suspended at all?

We're talking about a league where you get a double minor for high sticking if you draw blood even if the high stick was unintentional. They don't care if you were looking in the opposite direction and someone ran into your stick, you still get the double minor for not being in control of your stick. Why are headshots any different? Why not punish "intentional" headshots with 5+ games, while punishing "unintentional" headshots with 1 or 2 games?

This league just makes it so difficult to watch sometimes.
Yes, if you ever get arrested for a crime, always demand the NHL handles your case. Get off on intent

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I guess I will say this to add to my halfhearted list of positives:

The Rangers REALLY haven't been that good at all this series.

That all changes of course if Zib, Panarin and that dickhead Kreider get going. Or honestly even if JUST Shitturdstain finds his game again.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Actually, quick question about last night’s game because I was stream watching and it was muted: did the puck enter the net on the play where malkin got penalized for the cross check in the 3rd?

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Most of me just wants to fast forward to tomorrow night and get this over with. Rip the Band-Aid off.

Gonna be a weird, wild probably depressing offseason. Thankfully I have a lot of gardening to do. These peppers won't plant themselves.

Actually, quick question about last night’s game because I was stream watching and it was muted: did the puck enter the net on the play where malkin got penalized for the cross check in the 3rd?

lol I honestly was too busy yelling at him to notice. It makes it THAT much worse so probably.

Smasher

Jan 25, 2012
Finland
nemecic.bandcamp.com
A couple of positives for G6:

-The Rangers really aren't that good
-Last change & home crowd will be a real advantage
-The Pens know a possible G7 at MSG would be a nightmare and they are going to want to avoid it at all costs
-We may get Rakell or who knows, maybe even Sid back

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
Maybe he doesn't have a concussion and he'll play the next game. We don't have an official source who rules him out yet.
Sid could be dead, and Sully would still say he’s a game time decision. I wouldn’t hold your breath.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Most of me just wants to fast forward to tomorrow night and get this over with. Rip the Band-Aid off.

Gonna be a weird, wild probably depressing offseason. Thankfully I have a lot of gardening to do. These peppers won't plant themselves.

lol I honestly was too busy yelling at him to notice. It makes it THAT much worse so probably.
Yo fresh salsa/guac with home grown onions, peppies, and tomats? Now you're talkin'.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
So... you guys know I'm a bit of a simpleton. So just humor me for a minute, here. I wanna know if I have this right.

The justification for the elbow to Sid's head is that Trouba was going in for a poke-check and his stick got caught up in Sid's skates and then Sid was hunched over at a bad angle for a split second because of this and at the same time that sequence caused Trouba's elbow to spring out and catch Sid right in the head (or not at all in the head depending on who you ask). This doesn't seem like some magic bullet shit to anyone else?

I played a little bit and admittedly at no significant level but uh... I can't recall anyone getting chicken-winged by accident. It's a pretty purposeful thing to do and not really a motion used by anyone beyond peewees learning how to stickhandle. His elbow is all the way up at shoulder level FFS.

I feel like I'm whining here but come on.

dingo71

Apr 27, 2021
No, Sheshterkin made a really nice stop there

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I wish Geno was healthy enough to go Angry Geno on these wankbucket assholes and eliminate them in the most embarrassing fashion.

Reactions: Andy99

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
uh, better add Domingue only giving up 2 or fewer goals…

If the Rangers don't score on the PP, they will not score 3+ ES goals. There isn't enough juice in that team at ES on the road. You can make me eat crow if I'm wrong on this one.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad