Post-Game Talk: | Loss | Series 3-2 Pens | Tough one, hope Sid is okay

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Also it would be real nice to get a emotionally-charged "I must be fire" quote from Malkin.

I mean if nothing else than for the theater. No more guarantees, these days.

Reactions: Andy99

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I dunno. It was stupid especially considering the circumstances but I don't think it was suspension worthy. Even with his history of being a moron.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I dunno. It was stupid especially considering the circumstances but I don't think it was suspension worthy. Even with his history of being a moron.
I dunno, I'd be a little more willing to cut him some slack if he didn't elbow Guentzel right at the start of the game lol.

I don't think Trouba set out to hurt Crosby, but he absolutely set out to play him really hard. And that's fine and all, but Trouba crossed the line several times last night and even if you're not intentionally trying to brain other players you still have to be responsible for your own actions.

That said, doesn't really matter does it? Crosby is gone, and the Rangers would gladly trade Trouba for him. That they don't have to is even better for them.

Pens gotta refocus and find a way.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I was talking about Malkin.

Trouba for sure "deserves" something. But this is the NHL so I expected absolutely nothing and that's what we got.

Although I suppose Malkin tried to take out Jake, too lol

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Geno probably could've sat a game. The issue isn't that Geno gets docked for being a dipshit with his stick, the issue is that other guys aren't docked for being dipshits with their stick. Or, in Trouba's case, his elbow.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I was talking about Malkin.

Trouba for sure "deserves" something. But this is the NHL so I expected absolutely nothing and that's what we got.

Although I suppose Malkin tried to take out Jake, too lol
Sorry, I totally spaced out reading the thread. This series is imprinted on my brain in the worst way right now and I'm just looking forward to it being over one way or the other lol.

Tomorrow can't come fast enough.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Geno probably could've sat a game. The issue isn't that Geno gets docked for being a dipshit with his stick, the issue is that other guys aren't docked for being dipshits with their stick. Or, in Trouba's case, his elbow.

Well sure in a GOOD league guys get a game for getting their stick up high like Malkin did there.

But this league is run by troglodytes so I'm not going to fret over something so minor in comparison.

Sorry, I totally spaced out reading the thread. This series is imprinted on my brain in the worst way right now and I'm just looking forward to it being over one way or the other lol.

Tomorrow can't come fast enough.

Oh certainly no apology necessary. I know exactly what you mean.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Ehh not for no reason. They call that on Trouba I doubt Geno loses his sh*t in the third….

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
Wait what? he was called up? Guess who's going streaking?
I like Zohorna and I believe he's fully capable of being a solid fulltime NHL-er, but if you stacked him on top of Boyle what you'd have is over 13 feet and 400+ pounds of vanilla marshmallow. Not that anyone could really think Zoho was brought up to be any kind of physical presence anyway.

Reactions: ncm7772

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Best case scenario, we're up 6-0 with 2 minutes left. Sullivan discovers a hint of masculinity, and sends Boyle out to break Trouba's jaw with his stick. Instead of golfing, Trouba spends the next 6 weeks eating from a straw, and Boyle gets suspended for the next series.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
That would be the ultimate kick in the nuts for Pens fans. Trouba gets nothing for braining Crosby, but Malkin sits because stuff.

Sounds like an easy Sullivan win.

Best case scenario, we're up 6-0 with 2 minutes left. Sullivan discovers a hint of masculinity, and sends Boyle out to break Trouba's jaw with his stick. Instead of golfing, Trouba spends the next 6 weeks eating from a straw, and Boyle gets suspended for the next series.

I’d prefer to see someone wave goodbye to them.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The article in globe and mail by Cathal Kelly had a good quip about what Trouba did.

It happened too quickly and at too odd an angle to be a clear case of headhunting. But that’s the right way to headhunt. You can’t be obvious about it.

If the guy is shorter than you (Trouba has four inches on Crosby), stand up tall as you collide. Then pretend you were trying to put the shoulder in, but you missed your guy by a foot and hit him with that elbow that you very naturally were holding up around your ears.

Crosby fell hard. Upon rising, he went back to the bench. No penalty was called.

The fact that department of player safety saw that and I have deemed the recklessness was ok because it was an "accident" vs a follow through on a shot clipping being an accident that is a penalty for example is ok.

Just run Igor a few times like he's a legislative aide in Albany.

Or are we still doing the dumb Penguins "we need to be exemplary members of society" bit? I lost my script, can some one feed me the cue line? Thnx.
I'm ok just seeing another 6 on that Shitstreakin and chants to mind f*** him off to golf.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Honestly the worst part of DoPS is that it's just so stupidly inconsistent and cowardly. If you want to be troglodyte, be a troglodyte, so at least the skill players know what to expect. Playing coy for the suburbs and winking at Don Cherry fans just makes it worse for everyone.

Also, if you love unsatisfactory sex, move to NYC, but that goes without saying.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Just run Igor a few times like he's a legislative aide in Albany.

Or are we still doing the dumb Penguins "we need to be exemplary members of society" bit? I lost my script, can some one feed me the cue line? Thnx.

As long as Sully's the coach we will continue to be the moral authority pacifists of the league. Hopefully this new management group sits him down after the season and tells him point blank, 'we're bringing in some guys with size and snarl. If you don't want to coach them, we'll write you a letter of recommendation to take to Phoenix or Ottawa'

Reactions: BillPrep
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad