Post-Game Talk: | Loss | Series 3-2 Pens | Tough one, hope Sid is okay

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I mean, it's completely reasonable. If you're gonna pay the guy the $8 million AAV it'll take to keep him for another several years, he better be able to win one game with the team's best wingers on his line. I don't think that's a huge stretch whatsoever.

Yeah he's got those good linemates everyone has been clamoring for. Time to do something.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
I know people will mock me for judging him on such a small sample size, but these next 2 games will play a huge role in me deciding whether or not to re-sign Malkin. He shows up and leads the team to victory, I think you have all of the justification you need to keep him. He goes out in a whimper, and I think it nearly kills any chance of me wanting to re-sign him.

What I've learned from this playoff round is that a Crosby led team can still be a contender and Crosby and Guentzel can still be elite in the playoffs. If you build a strong enough supporting cast around Crosby and Guentzel, you can still go deep. What those two have shown in the playoffs this year is enough for me to think that this team should still be trying to contend and they just need to revamp the support cast around those two.
I've got too much invested in both Sid and Geno. I get your thoughts on it and it makes sense.

I just hope Geno doesn't spread doubt and shows his capabilities so everyone can stop planning seeing Geno in a Rags or Cats sweater...that thought alone makes me sick.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Sorry.

Sid is amazing and this hockey team is shit without him.

CarterLOL Malkin BIGDUMDUM. LEtangMorelike LeStankLOLOLLOL

No chance. Rangers are big! Malkin is old and stupid.
You make a lot of compelling points. I concur.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Just so we can feel better and turn the clock back to Monday’s game lol…

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Sorry.

Sid is amazing and this hockey team is shit without him.

CarterLOL Malkin BIGDUMDUM. LEtangMorelike LeStankLOLOLLOL
Yeah…I sort of knew you weren’t watching anyway. Those stats and analytics you swear by aren’t telling you the whole story though.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Can we skip to tomorrow where the team was just overly cautious. Sid busts through the benches and PPG rumbles with fans shrieking and crying. Jerry Lawler and JR are suprise commentators and they start dropping the "Bah God, Sid is back from the dead!"

Igor immediately loops back off the ice to the dressing room after wetting himself.

Let me think my happy thoughts.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I like watching Malkin play hockey probably more than any other player. But this situation is kind of a big justification for him being here. I guess I should probably just shut up and wait to see what happens. But I don't think I'm being unreasonable to have major doubts he can pull it off. He will be operating on an island... even if that island has Jake on it, too. There is nothing behind him to help take the pressure off at least as of so far this series. So... yeah... fingers crossed.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Can we skip to tomorrow where the team was just overly cautious. Sid busts through the benches and PPG rumbles with fans shrieking and crying. Jerry Lawler and JR are suprise commentators and they start dropping the "Bah God, Sid is back from the dead!"

Igor immediately loops back off the ice to the dressing room after wetting himself.

Let me think my happy thoughts.

Let's just skip to after the game where we won.

I like watching Malkin play hockey probably more than any other player. But this situation is kind of a big justification for him being here. I guess I should probably just shut up and wait to see what happens. But I don't think I'm being unreasonable to have major doubts he can pull it off. He will be operating on an island... even if that island has Jake on it, too. There is nothing behind him to help take the pressure off at least as of so far this series. So... yeah... fingers crossed.

How do people think this? Heinen, Rodrigues, Carter, Matheson, and Letang have all had big goals for us.

Why are people acting like this team hasn't been lighting up the Rags with their depth while the Rags have had the Kid line and that is it?

Reactions: Flying Dego

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Yeah…I sort of knew you weren’t watching anyway. Those stats and analytics you swear by aren’t telling you the whole story though.
tbh if you were only watching analytics, i think you'd be way more negative than Pixie is being.

I just haven't seen anything from the bottom-3 lines to suggest they can absorb the loss of Sid and I've seen enough to know the success of l1 was more than just Jake

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
tbh if you were only watching analytics, i think you'd be way more negative than Pixie is being.

I just haven't seen anything from the bottom-3 lines to suggest they can absorb the loss of Sid and I've seen enough to know the success of l1 was more than just Jake

It wasn't just Jake. But the roster can win one game without Sid if Jake and Malkin show up. The Rangers have little depth right now.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
And maybe they get it going again. I dunno. Nothing those guys have done outside of Math and Letang seems sustainable, though. Like... I'm certainly not counting on Heinen or Carter or certainly ERod to put the puck in the net when we need a goal. I'll be happy to be wrong.

And speaking of the Rags and the kid line... man... if their big dogs wake up it's definitely over. The Penguins have held them off and done an admirable job of it. I sure hope that can continue.

EDIT: I guess I'm just saying is this team ACTUALLY better, now? We saw all these problems not that long ago re: their depth and scoring. Perhaps they just came out of the gates hot and wanting to prove something... had that chip on their shoulder. Losing your captain to some bullshit can really tank that confidence and swagger IMO. But I hope they find a way to dig deep and use it as motivation.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
And maybe they get it going again. I dunno. Nothing those guys have done outside of Math and Letang seems sustainable, though. Like... I'm certainly not counting on Heinen or Carter or certainly ERod to put the puck in the net when we need a goal. I'll be happy to be wrong.

And speaking of the Rags and the kid line... man... if their big dogs wake up it's definitely over. The Penguins have held them off and done an admirable job of it. I sure hope that can continue.
That's kinda what I'm thinking too. The Pens have done a great job (or have gotten lucky as hell) in keeping guys like Panarin, Kreider and especially Zibanejad quiet all series. If one or more of those guys suddenly finds their groove and plays to expectation--yeesh. Sid or not, it's gonna be rough. Obviously more so if Sid's done for the series.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
There’s no way Sid doesn’t have a concussion. There’s zero chance Sid isnt coming back into an elimination game unless forced by the trainers. I highly doubt you see him again this year unless they somehow advance without him.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Why does nobody ever consider what Oswald's intent was when he capped Kennedy?

Anyway, I hope they blow those creeps out one more time and that rat Trouba can try to get through the handshake line without drilling anybody with an elbow.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
GMR
Zuck-ERod-Rak
Heinen-TB-Kap
McGinn-Carter-DOC(Big Z)

Boyle needs a seat. Carter does to but he wont so put him down the line. Really hope ERod can remember how well he played 2C early in the year. Maybe that lineup can get a win at home.

The mistake will be Sully slamming in Carter as 2C when he has no business playing those minutes.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Hoping the Pens can gut out a win at home and have Sid ready for game 1 against Boston/Carolina. If this goes to game 7 with his status up in the air...let's just say it's a damn shame, because this series looked like it was over until Trouba hurt him.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Officially a concussion now, and Zoho's been recalled. Two things that do not bode well for Crosby playing in game 6, and maybe even game 7 if it's needed.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Why is it a gross oversimplification? Crosby has been great for us. He isn't the only player scoring.

We've been winning games as a team. Guentzel has 7 goals. Are we going to pretend that is only because of Sid?

Shocking that I completely agree with you, but I completely agree with you. His 2 goals yesterday - the first was pretty much a 2-man game with him and Rust. The second was a 2-man game with him and Malkin.

We just have to win 1 of the next 2.

I'm not sure I want ERod on the top PP in Sid's absence over Matheson or Zucker. Rust can fire one-timers too and I like the idea of Zucker getting feisty in front of the net.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Got to think the Rags are pretty fired up now, this is what they will be fueling off of. Prior they had no answer to L1

This team seems to be at its best when faced with adversity.

I wish tomorrow was today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad