Post-Game Talk: | Loss | Series 3-2 Pens | Tough one, hope Sid is okay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Tough loss. We were playing some of our best hockey until Sid got taken out. Team unraveled after that. Good news is we are still leading the series 3-2 and we are going home. Get some IGOOOOOOOR chants going at PPG and finish this off!

Mod warning:

I get it that we are angry. But lets not lose it. Dont be coming here just to swear, dont go to the Rangers board to pick fights and dont be going to the playoffs board to cause fights. Keep your cool and lets move past this one.

Reactions: Giskard and Andy99

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I know this game did a complete 180 when Trouba cheapshotted Crosby and knocked him out of the game, but I think the fact that the Penguins fell apart without Crosby is way bigger of a damnation than anything you can put on the Rangers, refs or anything else.

If the Penguins completely collapse while having a seemingly safe lead just because your best player gets hurt, I'm seriously questioning that team. If Crosby is out for the series and this team loses this series, you're going to have a tough time convincing me that heads shouldn't roll.

I'm not really mad that they lost this game, just disappointed after it looked like they were going to close out the series.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
When you need the premium effort...like the flat out sprint to get to the loose puck down by one...it's no where to be found.

That said, they can dominate them. They are capable.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Glad to see a few face washes and harsh words there at the end. f***ing p***yes

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Completely should've won this game. But the league doesn't care about protecting stars.

This team had plenty of opportunities to step on the Rangers throats. They got a 5 on 3 30 seconds into the game and were up 2-0 halfway through the game with the Rangers looking lifeless.

They lost this game because the team fell apart without Crosby. That's on them.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I know this game did a complete 180 when Trouba cheapshotted Crosby and knocked him out of the game, but I think the fact that the Penguins fell apart without Crosby is way bigger of a damnation than anything you can put on the Rangers, refs or anything else.

If the Penguins completely collapse while having a seemingly safe lead just because your best player gets hurt, I'm seriously questioning that team. If Crosby is out for the series and this team loses this series, you're going to have a tough time convincing me that heads shouldn't roll.

I'm not really mad that they lost this game, just disappointed after it looked like they were going to close out the series.

I don't really think we collapsed. The game's temperature was just way too low considering it was only halfway through. Those kinds of games can turn in a hurry when one team ups the intensity.

Here's hoping that either Sid is okay or GMR dominates next game. We should bench Carter. My god was that atrocious.

RustyRazor

né Selfish Man
Mar 9, 2004
PNW
"The only time I'm even upset when they lose in the playoffs is when they do it by just giving the puck to the other team."

Or when a team comes out headhunting and the refs refuse to penalize them for it and then we lose our best player and captain. f*** Jacob Trouba.

TKalltheTime

KILLER PARTIES, ALMOST KILLED ME!
Jan 5, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
Kap… man I gave this dude a bazillion chances. He’s just such a waste of ice time man. It’s the f***in playoffs in an elimination game and this is the “effort” you show… wow. There is no way in hell this clown dresses if Rick is ready to go before the playoffs end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille