Post-Game Talk: | Loss | Series 3-2 Pens | Tough one, hope Sid is okay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
If the officials aren't gonna call the game by the rulebook, and the league isn't gonna protect its players--stars or not--then just get rid of the instigator and go back to the Wild West days. f*** it. I'm not some weirdo with a fighting fetish, but if it's gonna keep guys like Trouba from blatantly trying to elbow dudes in the face or drive their heads into the glass from behind, whatever.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
are all these the penguins fans who gave up on there team before Sid came to town remember you guys stopped going to the games stopped supporting your team you have no one fooled but your selves n h l saved you guys most pathetic fan base ever all post Sid era fans shitsberg at its finest
Go back to ihop.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
still speechless that DOS didn't even issue a peep, not even a stern word issued Trouba's direction. It just further fuels the idiot Ranger fans that applaud Trouba's play they think he's a folk hero now. Heck go on their board they are all thumping their chests about how the boys came back in the game, yada yada yada.

We literally were in scramble mode for 3m while sullivan figured out that Carter is ass and outplayed them the rest of the game. Now Louis has been great, but that's where if you have Jarry (and he's on his game) they don't score all 3 of those and they still lose the game. Can't entirely fault Louis though as the entire team missed a step when Crosby left.

TKalltheTime

KILLER PARTIES, ALMOST KILLED ME!
Jan 5, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
Sid or no, a team blowing a 3-1 lead is pretty embarrassing. No one player should be that important, outside of maaaaybe a goalie. Speaks pretty poorly of the makeup of the team if they can't win one game of these last three--well, two now.
If any team is up to that embarrassing task, it’s YOOOOOUUUUURRRRRRR PITTSBURGHHHHHHHH PENGUIIIIIINS!!!

BeatenLikeRentedMule

Mar 9, 2016
Super Mario Land
still speechless that DOS didn't even issue a peep, not even a stern word issued Trouba's direction. It just further fuels the idiot Ranger fans that applaud Trouba's play they think he's a folk hero now. Heck go on their board they are all thumping their chests about how the boys came back in the game, yada yada yada.

We literally were in scramble mode for 3m while sullivan figured out that Carter is ass and outplayed them the rest of the game. Now Louis has been great, but that's where if you have Jarry (and he's on his game) they don't score all 3 of those and they still lose the game. Can't entirely fault Louis though as the entire team missed a step when Crosby left.
Had there been a time out called, maybe the team could have composed themselves but that requires coaching.

Reactions: Andy99

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
If the officials aren't gonna call the game by the rulebook, and the league isn't gonna protect its players--stars or not--then just get rid of the instigator and go back to the Wild West days. f*** it. I'm not some weirdo with a fighting fetish, but if it's gonna keep guys like Trouba from blatantly trying to elbow dudes in the face or drive their heads into the glass from behind, whatever.

I mean.......oh boy

While I agree with your big picture assessment, I take great umbrage to your description of people who see fighting having value in the game as "weirdo's with a fighting fetish".

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
are all these the penguins fans who gave up on there team before Sid came to town remember you guys stopped going to the games stopped supporting your team you have no one fooled but your selves n h l saved you guys most pathetic fan base ever all post Sid era fans shitsberg at its finest

Mario and Sid saved the NHL and made them lots of money.

The NHL is lucky they didn't move to France.

Reactions: 66-30-33

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
It's ironic when NYers call Pittsburgh "Shitsburgh" when their entire city smells like piss 24/7, 365. Particularly on the subway.

I'm not from Pittsburgh, to be clear, but I just think that's quite funny.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
This fanbase totally overrates timeouts. I think is because posters don’t understand systems and such and it’s only of the only things they recognize as “coaching” outside line combos.

Reactions: ncm7772

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
I think part of what enrages at least myself is that this team was starting to look like something special. Like hey we get past the rangers, Jarry comes back and finds his all star form we really can make a deep run.
We all recognize this could be the end of the core right now, so to have our last hurrah rained on by a clearly reckless play is annoying to say the least. We still can win this, but it feels like we need to do it in game 6 and not chance game 7 in MSG. Thing is all the "smart/skilled" players generally don't hold positions in NHL HQ, or are analysts. Many (not all) of them are plugs that couldn't make enough money while playing and continued on doing something Hockey related. We have George Paros as head of player safety. REALLY? a guy who was borderline reckless his whole career who amassed over 1000 penalty minutes is the guy to weigh in on whether a play crossed the line. I mean that doesn't even make sense.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Maybe just beat them next game

Reactions: ncm7772

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
It's ironic when NYers call Pittsburgh "Shitsburgh" when their entire city smells like piss 24/7, 365. Particularly on the subway.

I'm not from Pittsburgh, to be clear, but I just think that's quite funny.
What I find fascinating about this board is that so many posters are from all across the country (world). I always wonder how did everyone become fans.

Like I'm the born and raised in Pittsburgh, moved away as an adult but if you know the culture it's literally ingrained in me to only root for Pittsburgh sports. I have no alternatives basically married til death do us part.

Reactions: BillPrep

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
What I find fascinating about this board is that so many posters are from all across the country (world). I always wonder how did everyone become fans.

Like I'm the born and raised in Pittsburgh, moved away as an adult but if you know the culture it's literally ingrained in me to only root for Pittsburgh sports. I have no alternatives basically married til death do us part.
Family from outside of Pittsburgh brought me a Jagr jersey to a family reunion when I was like 10. Just kinda been a fan since. :laugh: I'm a Buffalo Bills fan too--not even from NY, let alone upstate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad