GDT: Loss @ 4pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
If you re-sign him, the contract length has to be something no more than 2 years. A lot a kids should be regulars within the next 2 seasons.
I think two years is fair both ways. He found his grove with Carberry. Why leave. I’d do 5x2 years. I’m not sure he’ll get better than that unless he goes just for term. But i don’t think he’ll get it.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Twabby, you talking me, I'm the complete opposite of advanced stats!

Hmm, only one way to get through to you I guess:

1708999419587.gif

Reactions: Neil Racki

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Contract year.
Quite true but he's tied for 11th league-wide in 5v5 goals. Only Marchessault has more among pending UFAs. They know the fit. He's gotten a bit lucky with the shooting percentage but he does pace them in 5v5 xGF% as well. The back story may hold them back from committing but hard not to have come around to at least a 2-3 year deal. The strongest UFA alternatives will cost more, likely in both AAV and term, and then also are mostly older.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
I’m not hating on Mantha. i am just saying it looks like his hand/wrist/finger doesn’t look good.

I think Mantha is hurt.
Well you know he is hurt because he left the previous game and was a game time decision for this one, so there is def some kind of injury. Hopefully it's very minor

Reactions: Neil Racki

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Not much out there on the UFA market. If I’m mantha, I probably wait and take whatever team offers 4 years/$20 million, feel like there’s at least one team that might offer that.
Especially since multiple teams are allegedly interested in acquiring. We could get a nice return

Reactions: Calicaps

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
It's one game. Sens are high powered offense, but lack team defense and goaltending inconsistent. They don't have to trade him, but if a team over pays you probably do it.
Not just one game. One for Lappy. Protas also played there a couple of games. And Sutter in Hershey. Makes me feel like getting a 1 round is doable. I’m not taking a second. Maybe the right prospect.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Sens D play is just bizarre - they look woefully disconnected from one another, then suddenly swarm to the puck, leaving tons of open ice and uncovered players. There’s no resistance through neutral, and no puck support. It’s like a master class in how not to play as a 5-man unit. It must drive a guy like Jacques Martin absolutely nuts

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
Quite true but he's tied for 11th league-wide in 5v5 goals. Only Marchessault has more among pending UFAs. They know the fit. He's gotten a bit lucky with the shooting percentage but he does pace them in 5v5 xGF% as well. The back story may hold them back from committing but hard not to have come around to at least a 2-3 year deal. The strongest UFA alternatives will cost more, likely in both AAV and term, and then also are mostly older.

Good points. My only counter is forcing everyone to watch the first two seasons of Mantha in a Caps sweater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad