NBA Los Angeles Lakers thread

Sep 19, 2008
His list of "top teams" is slowly shrinking.
I don't know who you're referring to but this invisible guy that keeps being referenced here is probably an irrational hater. It's probably just best to tune out the noise and focus on how well this team is playing.

Lakers have done amazingly well this season. But people just want to make excuses. "They played nobody" They beat the Heat late

The road to the Western Conference title goes through LA

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Never called them weak. Just pointing out that they can't beat Milwaukee and LAC.

Better make it count this year because Golden State will be back next year. Looking forward to seeing poster Roman Fell jump on GS bandwagon.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Never called them weak. Just pointing out that they can't beat Milwaukee and LAC.

Better make it count this year because Golden State will be back next year. Looking forward to seeing poster Roman Fell jump on GS bandwagon.
and LAC lost to MIL by 30. both teams have lost to teams LAL beat

right now i'd say the lakers are the 3rd best team in the league

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I don't know who you're referring to but this invisible guy that keeps being referenced here is probably an irrational hater. It's probably just best to tune out the noise and focus on how well this team is playing.

Lakers have done amazingly well this season. But people just want to make excuses. "They played nobody" They beat the Heat late

The road to the Western Conference title goes through LA
Trust me, it’s exactly who you think it is.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
It's not quite as sad as other people constantly fawning all over them. :nod:
It comes down to teams with money buying the teams they want. When you have a team like Toronto who builds through the draft and trades for a players who would otherwise would not consider playing for them yet wins a championship fans appreciate it. Lakers fans appreciate the LeBron fad because they might win a championship but considering how other Superstars have accomplished the feat me like many others feel you ain't earned nothing.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
It comes down to teams with money buying the teams they want. When you have a team like Toronto who builds through the draft and trades for a players who would otherwise would not consider playing for them yet wins a championship fans appreciate it. Lakers fans appreciate the LeBron fad because they might win a championship but considering how other Superstars have accomplished the feat me like many others feel you ain't earned nothing.
toronto got lucky that pop thought he was screwing kawhi over by trading him to the furthest place possible from SA

but fans don't give two sh*** about how a championship is earned. the lakers didn't "buy" this team like you claim. they traded players they drafted for AD. how is that any different than the raptors trading for kawhi? lebron was the first big name the lakers have signed in free agency since god knows when after striking out on big name after big name this decade.

this isn't anything like the big 3 era heat

Reactions: Roman Fell

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
toronto got lucky that pop thought he was screwing kawhi over by trading him to the furthest place possible from SA

but fans don't give two sh*** about how a championship is earned. the lakers didn't "buy" this team like you claim. they traded players they drafted for AD. how is that any different than the raptors trading for kawhi? lebron was the first big name the lakers have signed in free agency since god knows when after striking out on big name after big name this decade.

this isn't anything like the big 3 era heat
In one off season they added A.D., Boogie, Howard, and Green to play with Lebron. When Boogie is back he will have plenty of time to ease into a second tier role. It wasn't their first options but it still makes for a very strong team.

Whats different with the raptors is that they gambled knowing they didn't have a chance to retain the player they traded for.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
In one off season they added A.D., Boogie, Howard, and Green to play with Lebron. When Boogie is back he will have plenty of time to ease into a second tier role. It wasn't their first options but it still makes for a very strong team.

Whats different with the raptors is that they gambled knowing they didn't have a chance to retain the player they traded for.
lol and? a team isn't allowed to make improvements after several terrible seasons? and technically the lakers are gambling with AD because who knows what he'll do this summer

the lakers had a ton of cap space and finally signed some depth guys/shooters. something they have not had for the majority of this decade. if this was any other team you would be applauding it

Reactions: Roman Fell

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
lol and? a team isn't allowed to make improvements after several terrible seasons? and technically the lakers are gambling with AD because who knows what he'll do this summer

the lakers had a ton of cap space and finally signed some depth guys/shooters. something they have not had for the majority of this decade. if this was any other team you would be applauding it
AD wants to be in LA.

Also the Lakers where waiting for this past off season so they could go out and buy the team they wanted. You know that. It's just no one wanted to go there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cassano

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
AD wants to be in LA.

Also the Lakers where waiting for this past off season so they could go out and buy the team they wanted. You know that. It's just no one wanted to go there.
again, how could they "buy" the team they wanted when they TRADED all those pieces for AD and used the tons of cap space they had left to sign guys like howard, green, bradley, etc

how dare they actually spend some money to try and improve their team! like i said, if this was any other team you'd be praising them for doing exactly what the lakers did. you know, making their team better

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
again, how could they "buy" the team they wanted when they TRADED all those pieces for AD and used the tons of cap space they had left to sign guys like howard, green, bradley, etc

how dare they actually spend some money to try and improve their team! like i said, if this was any other team you'd be praising them for doing exactly what the lakers did. you know, making their team better
They only reason Lebron went to LA was to do what he did in Miami. Stock a team up with all stars and breeze to the West finals if not a championship. AD let the league know that he was not going to play for anyone but the Lakers. He would of waited it out until he could have went there via free agency.

I have never liked teams going out and creating a contender overnight in any sport. Lebron will go down in history as being the biggest ring chasers of all time. Guys normally do it at the end of their careers But Lebron did it going into his prime.

If I was 20 years and didn't know any better I would think lebron is the greatest of all time because he is really good. Having watched Basketball for more than 30 years He is miles behind the showtime Lakers and Shaq and Kobe. Even Kobe's 2 are more impressive than any of Lebrons chips except for maybe his Cleveland one.

Trading away all of your prospects to get one of the best players in the league to play with the other best player in the league is not exciting for basketball fans maybe Lakers fans. Basketball fans want to see Lebron go against Davis in the playoffs. That's exciting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad