NBA Los Angeles Lakers thread

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Yes I hate the Lakers. Yes, they've hardly beaten any of the top teams unlike your crosstown rivals.
But they lost to the Pelicans who are terrible. Therefore they must be terrible. We lost to good teams, so clearly that means we're better. Logic is fun stuff.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
All I see is two consecutive posts (meaning the person you are arguing with is someone I can't see) so all I can say is that any Lakers haters can keep :cry: because the Lakers keep WINNING

All I hear is criticism

The Utah Jazz commentators threw a fit after LeBron was celebrating in socks. He just gave his shoes to the kids. Who cares if he is dancing in socks. "That is classless" Is it?
It's about what you'd expect, fans trying to mask their own insecurities about their own teams by trying to bring down ours. Notice how the Laker fans don't do this in the Raptors or Bulls thread (or really the stickied NBA thread).

Reactions: Roman Fell

darko

Feb 16, 2009
But they lost to the Pelicans who are terrible. Therefore they must be terrible. We lost to good teams, so clearly that means we're better. Logic is fun stuff.

Wtf are you on about? All I said was that you beat 1 really good this season. Lost to 2 of them. Not sure why you are rambling about Pelicans.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
All I see is two consecutive posts (meaning the person you are arguing with is someone I can't see) so all I can say is that any Lakers haters can keep :cry: because the Lakers keep WINNING

All I hear is criticism

The Utah Jazz commentators threw a fit after LeBron was celebrating in socks. He just gave his shoes to the kids. Who cares if he is dancing in socks. "That is classless" Is it?

When will Wizards be good again?

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Wtf are you on about? All I said was that you beat 1 really good this season. Lost to 2 of them. Not sure why you are rambling about Pelicans.
Was referring to your remark about our crosstown rivals. Since we aren't good because we haven't beat good teams, the Clippers must be bad because they lost to a bad team. Only using your logic.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Was referring to your remark about our crosstown rivals. Since we aren't good because we haven't beat good teams, the Clippers must be bad because they lost to a bad team. Only using your logic.

I'm saying Clippers have beaten more good teams this year than the Lakers.

Lakers are good. Best record in NBA good? I don't buy it. Not yet.

LaVar

Jul 31, 2013
This "easy schedule" shit is so dumb lol

They're beating bad (and good) teams while other "contenders" are losing to the same garbage teams, so how does that work?

Only losses coming to the best roster in the NBA on the first day of the season, reigning champs (still a very, very good team without Kawhi, especially with the emergence of Siakam), and the Mavs.

Meanwhile, for example, the Clippers lost to the Pelicans who were missing Zion, Ingram, Zo, Hart, and Okafor..so its the Lakers fault they're winning games against bad teams, yet other teams can't do so...

And I say this as a Spurs fan who dislikes the Lakers, some of y'all are just flat out hating.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
Lakers won again.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28257416/anthony-davis-says-lakers-trio-urged-50-point-effort

It wasn't Anthony Davis' idea to score 50 points Sunday in the Los Angeles Lakers' 142-125 win over the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Avery Bradley first suggested it to him at halftime, when Davis was already up to 27 points. DeMarcus Cousins then encouraged him to keep chasing it during second-half timeouts. And finally, Rajon Rondo instructed Davis to go get one more bucket when his point total was up to 48.

"The team was telling me, they weren't telling me how much I had, but they were saying, 'Get 50,'" Davis said after logging the fourth 50-point game of his career. "Usually I don't really pay attention. I just go out there and play and try to get the win. But it's hard when your teammates are constantly reminding you, 'Go get 50! Go get 50!' So they made sure I was constantly reminded."

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
This "easy schedule" **** is so dumb lol

They're beating bad (and good) teams while other "contenders" are losing to the same garbage teams, so how does that work?

Only losses coming to the best roster in the NBA on the first day of the season, reigning champs (still a very, very good team without Kawhi, especially with the emergence of Siakam), and the Mavs.

Meanwhile, for example, the Clippers lost to the Pelicans who were missing Zion, Ingram, Zo, Hart, and Okafor..so its the Lakers fault they're winning games against bad teams, yet other teams can't do so...

And I say this as a Spurs fan who dislikes the Lakers, some of y'all are just flat out hating.[/QUOTE]

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
Here's a picture of the Lakers record.

AP19279132059156-640x427.jpg

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Question for Laker fans, who is the MVP ATM?

AD leads in both off and def. Win Shares atm.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
no AD, god awful at the FT line and from 3 pt range, and they still almost won

the poor FT shooting lost them this game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad