NBA Los Angeles Lakers thread

Sep 19, 2008
LeBron doesn't miss the playoffs. Lakers are pretty much a shoo-in. He can lead them to the playoffs by himself. He literally did this in Cleveland. :laugh:

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I'm just relieved that his doofus dad Lavar has gone silent ever since Lebron showed up.

Probably had that written into his contract, too. Last thing he wants is that idiot yelling to the media about how Lebron is ruining his son's team or something.

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
Watching the Lakers right now is like watching the most talented high school team ever assembled. They have no structure, so many possessions where one guy just plays hero ball (and it's not always Lebron), missed assignments, poor rebounding.

I still think they will get it together and be a threat in the West, there is a ton of talent there.

Sep 19, 2008
"After an angry Luke Walton held nothing back on his team's poor defense at the morning team meeting, the Los Angeles Lakers responded to their coach and rode a dominant second quarter to their first victory of the season.

"We could feel his anger," Lance Stephenson told ESPN's Dave McMenamin of Walton's disposition during the morning meeting at the team hotel. "We had to get that W.""

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
how soon until Laker fans lose their patience with Ball. Has he shown any sort of improvement.

He was injured all summer so that doesn't help. His contributions on defense make up for his lack of assertiveness on offense, but at least his shooting has improved. He has a long way to go in terms of offensive development, for now he's nothing more than a role player.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
How long until we hear from Lavar, angry that Walton would dare be mad at Lonzo? :sarcasm:

lavar's been completely quiet since lebron came

pretty sure magic and rob threatened his life if he ever decides to run his mouth while lebron is a laker

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Agreed. A backup center would help though. Zoo is not the answer.

zubac showed some promise in his rookie year and i really thought they'd drafted a complete steal

but last year it was clear he hadn't developed at all and it looks that way again so far this season. he's not NBA ready period. guy was calling LMA daddy the other night

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
The first time Magic went to the Buss home he was 19 and Jeanie was 17. He told her in 3 years he was going home to the Pistons. She still teases him about it. ;) #lakersknowledge

Reactions: Terry Yake

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i think lonzo should start for sure. using him off the bench won't be good for his development, plus rondo is a great bench option anyways

i do like kuz off the bench though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad