NBA Los Angeles Lakers thread

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Don’t you love when people watch basketball 1 time a year and make claims.

It’s the third month of the season, LeBron played on a clearly injured groin. The Lakers will be fine. Beverley acting like he just won a championship is hilarious.

Kawhi is the best player in the NBA.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I love bandwagon Lebron fans not realizing when their time is done
They are literally the second best team in the league and LeBron leads the league in assists.

I don’t even think LeBron is the best player in the league but it’s just hilarious watching people come out of the wood works after an insanely close game that went the other way.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
They are literally the second best team in the league and LeBron leads the league in assists.

I don’t even think LeBron is the best player in the league but it’s just hilarious watching people come out of the wood works after an insanely close game that went the other way.

Bucks and Clippers are better.

Reactions: darko

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
The last time we had a NBA discussion you said “I don’t even watch basketball”

How many basketball games have you watched this year, be honest?

Bucks - Lakers. $$$ on Bucks

Mavericks - Raptors. $$$ on Raptors

Nuggets - Lakers. $$$ on Nuggets

Clippers - Lakers. $$$ on Clippers

^
Basically I love LAL

Also where's your lebron avatar. The one time I wish you never got infractions

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Lakers were up the majority of the game and lost by 3 before free throws.

But yeah the Clippers are “way better”!

If they’re way better lets wager at 1.3 - 1 odds the Lakers Go further in the playoffs?

Put your money when your mouth is

Reactions: Roman Fell

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

If they’re way better lets wager at 1.3 - 1 odds the Lakers Go further in the playoffs?

They are way better on paper and beat them twice already. The first game was a blowout.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
clippers are better but let's not act like they are miles ahead

lakers had this game and gave up at the very end. although if they want any chance at beating them in a 7 game series they need to go out and acquire another shooter

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009

how do you propose to bet?

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

What a moron. He aggravated his groin injury for Christmas day clout and still lost. LMAo

LaVar

Jul 31, 2013
The Clippers were a good team who got better by trading away mostly picks. There moves were to put them over the top. The Lakers went from last in the league to first. LeBron came a year early because he could but had no intention of staying with the the Lakers if they kept the roster as is. His only intention was to Live in LA, recruit which ever stars would come, and finish his career never being on a losing team. Lebron likes it easy.
this is such a horrible post... the clippers were an 8 seed who went straight to championship favorites the next season because they signed arguably the best player in the world and traded for a player who was an MVP finalist the year prior...

lebron likes it easy, but not kawhi who requested the clippers trading for PG before he signed... clear double standard here

LaVar

Jul 31, 2013
This does go on in the Raptors thread. I was for trading DeRozan but the majority loved him. Same as in the Toronto Leafs/Raptors thread. It was a gamble Toronto made to get Kawhi but they traded star for star. Just one was better than the other. I take emotion completely out of it when I analyze basketball.
another terrible post...

what exactly was the gamble in this trade?

and the last bit is not true lmao, every post of yours shows your hatred for lebron.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
another terrible post...

what exactly was the gamble in this trade?

and the last bit is not true lmao, every post of yours shows your hatred for lebron.
You are only guaranteed 1 season with the player you traded to try and win. If Toronto fails it sets back the franchise. Instead the acquisition rose everyone to another level.

The last 8 seasons the Clippers were pretty good with one exception when the missed the playoffs but in that span they traded Griffin, Paul, and Jordan to come back with a great defensive team. They added Kawhi and George after that and appear to have gotten back to the level they were at.

Last edited:

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
its best he sits out. he wasn't playing at 100% already

watching that last sequence where lebron passes the ball away to KCP and then turns it over makes me miss kobe so much
LeBron can't beat Father Time; the injuries will keep coming as he has put on alot of mileage

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
LeBron can't beat Father Time; the injuries will keep coming as he has put on alot of mileage
true

but the lakers best hope at this point is to sit him out for a little while until he gets to 100% and then load manage him from there. its good they piled up all those early season wins because they're gonna have to learn how to win without lebron

LaVar

Jul 31, 2013
You are only guaranteed 1 season with the player you traded to try and win. If Toronto fails it sets back the franchise. Instead the acquisition rose everyone to another level.

The last 8 seasons the Clippers were pretty good with one exception when the missed the playoffs but in that span they traded Griffin, Paul, and Jordan to come back with a great defensive team. They added Kawhi and George after that and appear to have gotten back to the level they were at.
I mean, of course...but you take the one season with that top 5 player who has proven to be a monster at both ends over what has already proven to fail any day of the week. I wouldn't necessarily call that a gamble, unless people would be happy staying as a 2nd round team at best..

To your second point, they added two MVP caliber players in the same off season. No different than what the Lakers did signing LeBron and trading for AD. You could make the argument the Clippers were "a great defensive team", but they weren't making it past the 1st round without adding Kawhi or PG.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I mean, of course...but you take the one season with that top 5 player who has proven to be a monster at both ends over what has already proven to fail any day of the week. I wouldn't necessarily call that a gamble, unless people would be happy staying as a 2nd round team at best..

To your second point, they added two MVP caliber players in the same off season. No different than what the Lakers did signing LeBron and trading for AD. You could make the argument the Clippers were "a great defensive team", but they weren't making it past the 1st round without adding Kawhi or PG.
What if the Knicks this past off season signed Kawhi, a healthy Durant, and George and just smoked the east and became the next dynasty? For me that's not how sports should be. If it's your team then absolutely you have the right to love it because you have little worries that you won't be successful. Teams like Charlotte, Indiana, New Orleans, Milwaukee, Minnesota, Toronto, Sacramento, Cleveland, Detroit, Utah, Memphis, OKC, Denver don't stand a chance in free agency because the other half of the league are where the superstars want to play. Their only chance is to draft star players and convince them to stay. I really thought Kawhi would buck that trend and resign with Toronto but it is clear no matter how good a team can get nothing will keep a player.

The Clippers are a well run team with Jerry West at the helm and Doc Rivers as coach. They took the next step signing Kawhi and trading for PG. The Lakers on the other hand were a poorly run organization for the last 7 years. They brought in LeBron a year early because they had too thinking that was the first domino and then everyone would come begging to play. The only guarantee was that AD was coming because behind the scene deals just like the Miami Heat with Bosh, Wade, and Lebron. the second Lebron Changed his number form 23 to 6 was because he knew he was going to Miami where #23 was already retired. The whole Boys and Girls club "decision" was a sham.

I'm glad Toronto got a championship in the Era of Super teams because it allowed fans a chance to cheer for the underdog. I don't think they will get close again without another Superstar on the roster but we still champs.

Last edited:

LaVar

Jul 31, 2013
What if the Knicks this past off season signed Kawhi, a healthy Durant, and George and just smoked the east and became the next dynasty? For me that's not how sports should be. If it's your team then absolutely you have the right to love it because you have little worries that you won't be successful. Teams like Charlotte, Indiana, New Orleans, Milwaukee, Minnesota, Toronto, Sacramento, Cleveland, Detroit, Utah, Memphis, OKC, Denver don't stand a chance in free agency because the other half of the league are where the superstars want to play. Their only chance is to draft star players and convince them to stay. I really thought Kawhi would buck that trend and resign with Toronto but it is clear no matter how good a team can get nothing will keep a player.

The Clippers are a well run team with Jerry West at the helm and Doc Rivers as coach. They took the next step signing Kawhi and trading for PG. The Lakers on the other hand were a poorly run organization for the last 7 years. They brought in LeBron a year early because they had too thinking that was the first domino and then everyone would come begging to play. The only guarantee was that AD was coming because behind the scene deals just like the Miami Heat with Bosh, Wade, and Lebron. the second Lebron Changed his number form 23 to 6 was because he knew he was going to Miami where #23 was already retired. The whole Boys and Girls club "decision" was a sham.

I'm glad Toronto got a championship in the Era of Super teams because it allowed fans a chance to cheer for the underdog. I don't think they will get close again without another Superstar on the roster but we still champs.
i 100% agree with you in regards to small market teams not having the same chance as other teams. that's why it bothers me when a guy like tim duncan doesn't get more credit.

i don't agree when you bring up how the clippers are ran and how that somehow makes what they did any different than the lakers. at the end of the day, if they were in charlotte, cleveland, or indiana with the same roster, same management, etc... they would not have gotten kawhi and pg.

and you say the only way AD came was because of behind the scene deals... how is that any different than kawhi being in contact with PG, and ultimately resulting in PG requesting a trade after just signing an extension? players talk to each other all around the league. i don't doubt the same happened with kd and kyrie throughout last season, for example. i'm not saying its right and fair, but how can you only pin it on one player when its happened throughout the history of the nba?

at the end of the day, teams don't give a shit about players, so they should be able to sign wherever they please. case and point the clippers signing blake to an extension just to ship him to detroit soon after.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad