NBA Los Angeles Lakers thread

Sep 19, 2008
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...frustrated-failure-reach-foul-line-lakers-win

The Los Angeles Lakers' 109-108 victory over the Memphis Grizzlies on Saturday resulted in a historically triumphant moment in LeBron James' 17-year career as well as a historically perplexing one.
On the one hand, the Lakers' 14-2 start to the season is the best that any of James' teams has ever achieved through 16 games, edging the 2016-17 Cleveland Cavaliers' 13-3 mark. On the other hand, James' 27 field goal attempts without attempting a single free throw was the most shots he's ever taken without earning a trip to the line, according to research by ESPN Stats & Information.
"It's frustrating," Lakers coach Frank Vogel said. "LeBron's going to the basket all night long. He took nine 3s, but he's in the paint all night long. ... When your guy's attacking the basket the way he is and getting zero free throw attempts, it's something that can be frustrating."

Sep 19, 2008
Sixteen of James' 27 attempts were in the paint, and after several animated debates with referees Aaron Smith and Jenna Schroeder throughout the game, he continued to plead his case with reporters.
"I'm living in the paint and if you look at my arm right here, these are four or five [scratches] that happened the last two games, and they weren't called at all," said James, who ended with a game-high 30 points on 14-for-27 shooting.

but offiCIALS ARE BIAseD TOwarDs tHE LaKErS

Reactions: mymerlincat

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
Jazz, Heat, Nuggets. Those are your impressive wins.
Good thing the Lakers aren't trying to impress anyone. They're just winning games on their schedule. Besides, we've beaten the current 3rd, 4th, 6th, and 8th seeds in the West. So what's the new narrative? The West is trash?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Good thing the Lakers aren't trying to impress anyone. They're just winning games on their schedule. Besides, we've beaten the current 3rd, 4th, 6th, and 8th seeds in the West. So what's the new narrative? The West is trash?
they're not undefeated so they suck

darko

Feb 16, 2009

New narrative is that you played 3 really good teams and won once (Nuggets). You lost to both Raptors and Clippers.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
OK, and the Nuggets lost to the Kings, Pelicans, and Hawks, the Clippers lost to the Suns and Pels. I guess they suck too.

Way to miss a point lol. Clippers already beat Raptors, Celtics and Rockets.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
You’re not making any points. You’re a Laker hater making up senseless narratives trying to stir **** up in a thread about the team.

Yes I hate the Lakers. Yes, they've hardly beaten any of the top teams unlike your crosstown rivals.

Sep 19, 2008
You’re not making any points. You’re a Laker hater making up senseless narratives trying to stir **** up in a thread about the team.
All I see is two consecutive posts (meaning the person you are arguing with is someone I can't see) so all I can say is that any Lakers haters can keep :cry: because the Lakers keep WINNING

All I hear is criticism

The Utah Jazz commentators threw a fit after LeBron was celebrating in socks. He just gave his shoes to the kids. Who cares if he is dancing in socks. "That is classless" Is it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad